Hotfix (1.0.63027 or newer) 21 March 2016

Stay up to date with the latest Shop Heroes news and events.
LadyKatala
"Good" Mastery Member

Re: Hotfix (1.0.63027 or newer) 21 March 2016

Postby LadyKatala » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:29 pm

For everyone upset about Jack not being disabled for people you might want to consider the difficulty of doing so. Most people who bought him probably don't visit the boards and probably don't know it was a mistake. Secondly, if you've already replaced one of your workers with him, do they remove him and you have to rehire back an old worker? What do they do with all the crafts on the market? Do they remove your crafts? Do they restart? There's a lot of technical issues with doing anything other than leaving him, especially since quite a few people who bought him probably don't know anything about the mistake.

Desco
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Desco » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:13 pm

Azazial Verdantia wrote:
Desco wrote:The people who got Jack already leveled him up and upgraded the racks and started the blueprint line.
Do you think it will be wise to take them all back and have people who paid real life money lose all the progress just cause it was a bug release? That is bad business.

Yes, I do think it would be the best course of action to temporarily disable him. It's a bug that he was released early. Bugs should be fixed. No one is losing any money. Those with him are merely being told to wait until the proper release with the rest of us. It's much worse business and a PR fiasco to just let whoever happened to illegitimately get him early because of a bug. It sends the message that it's okay to abuse bugs for personal gain which is in conflict with their stated position on the matter.

Cloudcade Support wrote:https://cloudcade.helpshift.com/a/shop- ... f-the-game
We take any attempts to exploit our games through hacking, bugs or other means very seriously and anyone caught doing so will be permanently banned without notice

The purchase looks perfectly legit, and no one knew it was a "bug" until it started causing an uproar when some people can't receive the package. So it is "unintentional" therefore, it is not an exploit; it just happen due to coding end of CC, and consumers that is willing to spend. Or are you saying everyone that bought the package should be banned? That is just silly.

There is people losing money if they disable him, that $40 could be used to invest elsewhere, yes you may say $40 wont net much in 2 weeks but it is netting something, even if it is just $0.01 in a savings account. You might laugh and said this logic is pushing it but from an investor view, it is how it is. Some famous inventors of things started in their mom's garage, and probably had networth of $40 when everything started. It could even simply mean a few meals for some people, it is still valued. Unless you telling CC to refund everyone and I rather they focus on fixing bugs.

Also there is the consideration that if someone who bought did get it refunded, they may not purchase it again. Now that I am done mentioning real life money, lets talk in-game money!

Meanwhile, some who have the package already did worker replacement/ respecs and upgrade around their shop to fit in this new fancy master of trades. Should they be punished for something that is not their own doing, especially after spending money to support the game? I certainly hope not. Even temporary disable is unfair for those who owns him. Should they have to spend millions of gold to reset all their workers AGAIN cause Jack is "temporary disabled" because CC made a coding error on their end? I certainly hope not.

Also with the previous said requirement of having to buy all previous non-timed back (rogue, warrior, wizard), it means only those who have supported CC all the way so far sees the pack anyways. Do you really think it is wise to piss off all these people, on something that is not their fault or known is a bug when purchased, from a business standpoint?

As for it not being available, it is simply not ready for release. If it was fully ready it would not have been a bug to start with and CC may have already released it to everyone if they could, without someone saying they should.

I know how this can be upsetting for those who can't receive him, but it doesn't mean those who did should be penalized for being a loyal supporter.

alanx
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby alanx » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:40 pm

I actually ended up making an account just to respond to the ruckus here. First, I havent spent as much as the ones who bought the pack of all trades, on this game however I cant understand why some people are so upset over the pack of all trades issue?
The main reason for this is poor situation handling by cloudcade.
Its called the PACK OF ALL TRADES. It was available early to those who purchased ALL PACKS till date. What is the problem exactly? There is NO legitimate reason anyone can argue against this. On the otherhand, cloudcade should have simply called this a "Promotion" with early release to show gratitude to their consistent sponsors/donors/whatever. Instead they panicked and claimed its a bug when it actually fit perfectly with the whole "pack of all" and bought "all packs" logic.
Its not like it wont be released in the future. instead ive read people requesting bans on people who bought the pack (Their most valued players). I find it ridiculous.

xRSMx
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby xRSMx » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:54 am

This is not a recent problem, but thought I'd post it here. I have ran into this problem a lot, when investing in the inn. If I invest a certain amount like say 2-10 times the individual investment at a time, I can reduce my quest time from 3-4 hours down to 5-15 min. However, the problem I run into is when I invest say 6 times as example, get the quests down to about 25 min each, no matter how much I invest after that point, I cannot bring them down below whatever I brought them down to already. Does that make sense? It seems to be around the same time. Either 15 min or 25 min left over time on quests. If I invest enough at once to bring them down to 30 seconds, then it works fine. However if I don't, I can't make them budge after a certain point at all. Just wondering if anyone else is running into this problem.

Dred0
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Dred0 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:24 am

xRSMx wrote:This is not a recent problem, but thought I'd post it here. I have ran into this problem a lot, when investing in the inn. If I invest a certain amount like say 2-10 times the individual investment at a time, I can reduce my quest time from 3-4 hours down to 5-15 min. However, the problem I run into is when I invest say 6 times as example, get the quests down to about 25 min each, no matter how much I invest after that point, I cannot bring them down below whatever I brought them down to already. Does that make sense? It seems to be around the same time. Either 15 min or 25 min left over time on quests. If I invest enough at once to bring them down to 30 seconds, then it works fine. However if I don't, I can't make them budge after a certain point at all. Just wondering if anyone else is running into this problem.

In the February patch notes at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5089 there was a comment by Tadaaah towards the end that "- A minimum quest time will be added that you will not be able to boost past on quests." So I would guess that being able to boost down to 15-25 minutes is all that you are supposed to be able to do, and that doing all the boosts at once and getting it down to a few seconds is a bug that should be fixed,

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:44 am

Dred0 wrote:
xRSMx wrote:This is not a recent problem, but thought I'd post it here. I have ran into this problem a lot, when investing in the inn. If I invest a certain amount like say 2-10 times the individual investment at a time, I can reduce my quest time from 3-4 hours down to 5-15 min. However, the problem I run into is when I invest say 6 times as example, get the quests down to about 25 min each, no matter how much I invest after that point, I cannot bring them down below whatever I brought them down to already. Does that make sense? It seems to be around the same time. Either 15 min or 25 min left over time on quests. If I invest enough at once to bring them down to 30 seconds, then it works fine. However if I don't, I can't make them budge after a certain point at all. Just wondering if anyone else is running into this problem.

In the February patch notes at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5089 there was a comment by Tadaaah towards the end that "- A minimum quest time will be added that you will not be able to boost past on quests." So I would guess that being able to boost down to 15-25 minutes is all that you are supposed to be able to do, and that doing all the boosts at once and getting it down to a few seconds is a bug that should be fixed,

A reply to https://www.facebook.com/shopheroes/pos ... 8738909314 lists the lower cap as 15% of quest time.
To be investigated: is that 15% relative to the base quest time or relative to the starting quest time with Inn collective boost and/or Speed Runner applied? (I don't yet make enough gold to randomly throw a whole bunch of millions into the Inn to test all 4 cases (yes/no collective boost, yes/no Speed Runner))
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

cc_Tadaaah

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:50 pm

Shiroe wrote:
Dred0 wrote:

A reply to https://www.facebook.com/shopheroes/pos ... 8738909314 lists the lower cap as 15% of quest time.
To be investigated: is that 15% relative to the base quest time or relative to the starting quest time with Inn collective boost and/or Speed Runner applied? (I don't yet make enough gold to randomly throw a whole bunch of millions into the Inn to test all 4 cases (yes/no collective boost, yes/no Speed Runner))

Base quest time.

xRSMx
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby xRSMx » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:00 pm

I saw that, but forgot. However I have before donated enough at a time to instantly complete the quests. Either way that clears it. Up. Thank you

xRSMx
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby xRSMx » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:52 pm

cc_Tadaaah wrote:...stuff...was here....

I just wanted to know when we get new april patch info...i'm thirsty for more information on what goodies await!

cc_Tadaaah

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:55 pm

xRSMx wrote:
cc_Tadaaah wrote:...stuff...was here....

I just wanted to know when we get new april patch info...i'm thirsty for more information on what goodies await!

You know we don't release dates. :P

Return to “News & Announcements”