So You Want Be a Beta Tester!

Stay up to date with the latest Shop Heroes news and events.
cc_Tadaaah
"Legendary" Mastery Member

So You Want Be a Beta Tester!

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:00 am

Hi ShopKeepers!

We are now accepting volunteers for beta testing! There are some items you should know before volunteering!

• iOS has that approval system. As a result, iOS users may only beta test on other platforms. There will not be an iOS beta. As it may cause problems. Accounts linked to iOS will not be considered for Beta.
  • We ask for your cooperation in not sharing any Beta feature prior to release. If you do so without strict permission (from Tadaaah), you may be removed from the Beta program and will not be considered for future beta testing.
  • This is beta testing. There will bugs; lots of bugs. When reporting, please be courteous and use the format that will be provided.
  • As initial contact will be via email, players under the age of 14 may not participate.
  • Account progress (for beta feature such as leaderboards) will be wipes after the beta testing period. Should you choose to spend gems; we will not be issuing refunds for beta testing.

If you would like to be considered for beta testing, please follow the instructions listed below. If you do not follow the instructions, you will not be considered for beta testing.

• Email community@cloudcade.com
  • Subject Line: [Shop Heroes] Beta Testing
  • Include the following in the this format in the body of the email
    • ShopKeeper name and #12345 (found in profile menu)
    • Contact email
    • Platform (Amazon, Kongregate, Google Play, Facebook, etc.)
    • Forum ID (if you have a forum account)

bloop
"Epic" Mastery Member

Re: So You Want Be a Beta Tester!

Postby bloop » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:20 am

cc_Tadaaah wrote:[*]Account progress (for beta feature) will be wipes after the beta testing period. Should you choose to spend gems; we will not be issuing refunds for beta testing.[/list]

do you not load beta server accounts with x amount of gems so they can ensure gem features function correctly?

edit: nvm looks like accounts are just flagged on live or something.
Last edited by bloop on Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krash

Postby Krash » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:22 am

May consider coming out of shop heroes retirement for this one!

WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby WingDingo » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:51 am

cc_Tadaaah wrote:Account progress (for beta feature) will be wiped after the beta testing period.
I'm not saying anything, because I'm literally not part of this yet, but I just read in World Chat that we'll be using our existing accounts for Beta Testing. I think this means a very specific thing. Can you elaborate on what is actually going to happen, or are we going to be thrown in front of an army of Mantis Men and fend for ourselves?

cc_Tadaaah

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:44 am

EDIT: As it may cause problems. Accounts linked to iOS will not be considered for Beta.

To the reset: Progress for the that specific feature will be wiped from the account. The rest of your account will be the same.

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:24 pm

It sounds like you'll do the beta testing for PvP and possible other completely new features (at least the "wipe" comments seem to suggest the testing doesn't really interact with the rest of the game much (if raids had been beta tested by players, I guess it would have for ex. been run with blank or dummy milestones, so the only interaction would have then been castle boost costs and a few heroes occupied by raid test instead of normal quests)).

Thumbs up. Players should probably be able to find some loopholes in new features that devs might overlook.

I guess "forum ID"s can be used to set up a private sub-forum for beta participants to discuss the beta? (The forum software allows to set up such sub-forums that are members-only and don't show up in "active topics", right?)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Krash

Postby Krash » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:48 pm

cc_Tadaaah wrote:EDIT: As it may cause problems. Accounts linked to iOS will not be considered for Beta.

To the reset: Progress for the that specific feature will be wiped from the account. The rest of your account will be the same.

Well I guess i'm buggered then! - Seems you'll be appealling to the other's instead! :(

Eleiyas
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Eleiyas » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:02 pm

seeing as I asked Tadaaah about this a while back and I'm very interested in it, I will definitely be sending my email to participate ^^
// EDM Producer // Freelance Translator // IT Guy //

TitanSmash
Community Moderator

Postby TitanSmash » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:11 pm

Eleiyas wrote:seeing as I asked Tadaaah about this a while back and I'm very interested in it, I will definitely be sending my email to participate ^^

I brought this up like 3-4 months after the games release. I better be included or I will DRIVE to Montreal and I will SPANK the Dev team! Not MagicPie tho, she's too bootiful to spank! ^_^
Active Global Chat Question Answerer | Home City : Redemption | Chat me up if you want hugs and pets. ^_^

cc_Tadaaah

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:41 pm

Krash wrote:
cc_Tadaaah wrote:EDIT: As it may cause problems. Accounts linked to iOS will not be considered for Beta.

Well I guess i'm buggered then! - Seems you'll be appealling to the other's instead! :(

Don't give up yet. I'll email you. :)

Yes, forum could be used to make a closed beta section for open discussion.

Return to “News & Announcements”