STEAM GreenLight!

Stay up to date with the latest Shop Heroes news and events.
Stowaway

Re: STEAM GreenLight!

Postby Stowaway » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:37 am

cc_Tadaaah wrote:We have to be GreenLit first!

But of course you will be!

Speadie
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Speadie » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:45 pm

Can you explain how this is a good thing please?

Dictator

Postby Dictator » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:53 pm

Speadie wrote:Can you explain how this is a good thing please?

1 more platform to play. More moeny to CC !!!

Thats why this is good,

btw, i voted YES!

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:00 pm

shrimps wrote:I wonder, will having your own client help reduce some of the delays we get when performing different actions, like interacting with the Trade House, trying to send people on quests multiple times before it works, investing in city buildings (How it sometimes takes up to 10 seconds before it registers)?

That's probably all server related. I noticed earlier today that the tradehouse was nice and responsive when the north americans were still asleep... ;)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Richard
Community Moderator

Postby Richard » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:08 pm

Some things I can think of:
  • Most commonly used browsers are dropping support for NPAPI which Shop Heroes uses. When support is dropped, players would be forced to run the less stable and consistent WebGL build. By offering the game on Steam, players would have access to a stable version of the game.
  • Steam is a huge platform which many gamers enjoy using (myself included), I would much prefer playing on Steam than Facebook. I'm sure there are others who feel the same.
  • Steam Achievements - more achievements equals more fun (not sure if steam achievements will be a thing though)
  • Another platform means more players which is beneficial for both Cloudcade and us.
Kong: TheCongressman | Reddit: Zesty_Hamburger | In-Game: Richard#73188 | Shop Heroes Discord Server | Shop Heroes Data Spreadsheet

cc_Tadaaah
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:15 pm

Richard wrote:

• Most commonly used browsers are dropping support for NPAPI which Shop Heroes uses. When support is dropped, players would be forced to run the less stable and consistent WebGL build. By offering the game on Steam, players would have access to a stable version of the game.
  • Steam is a huge platform which many gamers enjoy using (myself included), I would much prefer playing on Steam than Facebook. I'm sure there are others who feel the same.
  • Steam Achievements - more achievements equals more fun (not sure if steam achievements will be a thing though)
  • Another platform means more players which is beneficial for both Cloudcade and us.

Pretty much nail on the head!

In addition:
1. Depending on your PC, since it would be a Unity Windows build instead of a mobile/web build, this can result in an extremely smooth experience.
2. Many client side items should become faster.

Yes, more players is good for all parties involved! :D

Poison Lotus
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Poison Lotus » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:54 pm

VOTED YES!!

Poison Lotus
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Poison Lotus » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:01 pm

cc_Tadaaah wrote:
Richard wrote:

Pretty much nail on the head!

In addition:
1. Depending on your PC, since it would be a Unity Windows build instead of a mobile/web build, this can result in an extremely smooth experience.
2. Many client side items should become faster.

Yes, more players is good for all parties involved! :D

Steam has overlay chat, group VOIP, and live streaming, recording Etc...!!! and more! I'm sick of FB :) and playing on none optimized platform and having to see annoying ads on the side lol

ps: did I mention a friend list? :) \(0.0)/

Speadie
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Speadie » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:24 pm

ok u got me with friends list :-)

infiner
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby infiner » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:53 am

I don't play on PC but voted YES.
more players = bigger community = more money to CC = new updates for the game = overall good for everybody.
The only thing I ask CC is to upgrade your servers and internet channels to maintain bigger community in future :)

Return to “News & Announcements”