Pixel Art Contest!

Stay up to date with the latest Shop Heroes news and events.
Господин

Re: Pixel Art Contest!

Postby Господин » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:00 pm

Category: Shop Heroes pixel art
Ingame ID: господин#91886
A musician must make music, an artist - to paint, a poet - to compose poems and shop heroes player - floors!
Last edited by Господин on Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Feone
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Feone » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:19 pm

That must've been a lot of work to make.

Is using multiple shops worth of space allowed within the contest?

cc_Tadaaah
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:26 pm

We didn't specify, so I'll allow it!

Richard

Postby Richard » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:56 pm

Господин wrote:Category: General pixel art
Ingame ID: господин#91886
A musician must make music, an artist - to paint, a poet - to compose poems and shop heroes player - floors!
[IMAGE]

That's really good and must have taken quite some time to make! (and I'm not just saying that because you're a hamster too)
Kong: TheCongressman | Reddit: Zesty_Hamburger | In-Game: Richard#73188 | Shop Heroes Discord Server | Shop Heroes Data Spreadsheet

Facade

Postby Facade » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:21 am

#SHPixelArt
General Pixel Art
By: facade#15042

Господин

Postby Господин » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:24 am

Richard wrote:That's really good and must have taken quite some time to make! (and I'm not just saying that because you're a hamster too)

thank you :)

Larhalt
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Larhalt » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:11 am

cc_Tadaaah wrote:We didn't specify, so I'll allow it!

You can't have 16 shops, so I don't find it correct. I can take multiple screenshot (10x10 shops) and create an giant canvas, where a pixel is far little than on only one shop, so it's possible to create an image with better definition.

That's simply not correct, but of course, you can do whatever you want, even close a thread where someone just want to improve the help in the forum ;)

cc_Tadaaah

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:20 pm

One could then say that the person who spent the time to do a 10X10 piece shop would've spent more time and effort for their entry. We didn't specify, so I don't see the problem in awarding those who put in extra time and effort.

Feone
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Feone » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:17 pm

cc_Tadaaah wrote:One could then say that the person who spent the time to do a 10X10 piece shop would've spent more time and effort for their entry. We didn't specify, so I don't see the problem in awarding those who put in extra time and effort.

I interpreted the original post as a contest to see what players could do with the floor of their shop. As did everyone else, except one person it seems.

I don't think it's a good idea to go by the letter of the post. After all, you didn't specifically say we had to use the floor on a shop in Shop Heroes either, even though this is pretty clearly implied.

Speaking of the letter of the post, technically It also says "pixel floor art contest!", not "pixel floors art contest!"

I think the fairest way to solve this is to add a separate category for multi-floor entries. If that's not an option I would prefer restricting it to single floor entirely. A pixel art made from one single shop is never going to compare to what is essentially a higher resolution picture using multiple. On top of that it also takes creativity to make something nice within a canvas limited in both space and colours, adding an unlimited amount of pixels completely negates this.

cc_Tadaaah

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:53 pm

Sorry, it'll will remain as is. You, the players, still get to vote for the winner.

Return to “News & Announcements”