Hi! Since I'm the one of the pieces of the Raid Challenge, I guess I should say something. I'll speak to the specific community events I've administrated.
First off, I love the crafting challenge I did, it was a lot of fun for me to do but participation was low. I have a special spreadsheet that randomly draws items to make for each crafting slot. Whoever submitted an entry matching my crafting bar exactly was entered to win. The prizes for that were random based on the person's level, because it was designed for every player to have a chance to enter. If I were able to have a pipedream about prizing for that, it would be:
Craft Challenge Pipe Dream Prizing:
- 3-5 wondrous bags to the raffle winner
- extra raffle draw every 50 entries (never came this close)
- 1 wondrous/mysterious/treasure bag for simply completing the challenge
As for the raid challenge, that started out as a way to reward people already doing awesome numbers in raid, and morphed into something else completely. There was a time when I was doing two concurrent challenges but it was becoming a bit much to chase down winners and coordinate to get them their prizes. If there was a prizing system where it's easy for me and easy for Tadaaah/whomever, I could run unlimited tiers, really. Probably to stay thematic with the game, however, three tiers would probably be ideal.
Raid Challenge Pipe Dream prizing:
- 3000 point raffle, 2-3 Champ Bags reward, extra draw for every 50 entries
- 2000 point raffle, 3-5 Wondrous Bags reward, extra draw for every 50 entries
- 1000 point raffle, 3-5 Mysterious Bags reward, extra draw for every 50 entries
And then, I always liked to do special event raid challenges where we would crown a "World MVP". I think it would be awesome do something like this, every 2-3 months.
Special Raid Challenge Pipe Dream Prizing:
- 1000 point raffle, 250 gems + avatar item, extra draw for every 100 entries
- World MVP, 1500 gems + avatar item
- One special raffle for everyone who has entered in the 1000 pt raffle, winner receives the current limited edition seasonal pack of their choice
This way, the raid challenge would work as a community cross promotion for the new limited pack without going too crazy.
Obviously this is all wishful thinking, but this is the stuff I personally daydream about.