Joining a Kingdom. pros and cons.

Ask for help from veteran players and find answers not listed in the FAQ.
Forum rules
You can find answers to our FAQs within our in-game support system, also available at http://cloudcade.helpshift.com
Emina

Joining a Kingdom. pros and cons.

Postby Emina » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:14 am

Hello everyone.

I am level 19. I have almost all the resources and workers. Up till now i have ben on my own.
I have had an invataion but the only thing that kingdom had was a castle and more heroes. There resources and building investments were lower.

my question.
what are the advantages of joining another kingdom? Do i lose all my progress? Hero levels, investments and/or invantory.

I have always been a solo player.

:D Emina

aks47u
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Re: Joining a Kingdom. pros and cons.

Postby aks47u » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:41 am

Have a look through the City section of the FAQ.

Retep
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Retep » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:41 am

Not sure this belongs in the city recruitment sub forum, but to answer your questions:

First of all, basically all your progress, including hero/worker levels, inventory and city investments do carry with you from city to city. The only thing to be aware of is you can lose a portion (up to 9%, decreasing by 1% a day to 0 after 10 days) if you do some "city hopping", that is going from city to city (that aren't your solo city) within a 10 day period, but at your level the investments you lose will probably be negligible later in the game and finding a good city will be more beneficial so I wouldn't worry about that for now.

The main advantages of joining a city (kingdom) are:
  • Easier raids (raid is unlocked via castle, and with a whole city participating you can usually get better rewards than you would be able to solo)
  • Often you get access to more heroes and workers than you'd be able to get alone
  • The costs of keeping the building's collective boosts active are split among many people (though sometimes some people don't want to invest in the buildings or are poor compared to the rest of the people in the city and can't afford to)
  • Being in a city with others can be more fun than playing solo (you get to socialize with each other, help each other out with game advice and can share/trade/give items to city members via city request in the trade house. Some cities will even occasionally run events, often revolving around raid to encourage participation and make raid more fun)

There are some advantages to a solo city too though:
  • Generally the investment cost per building will be cheaper, meaning you can more freely activate the instant boosts, which is particularly good for buildings like the inn and town hall early on
  • You are in control of where investments go and you can freely move the mayor's choice around
  • You can play at your own pace, you don't have to worry about being kicked for inactivity or paying excessive amounts to try to "carry" a basically dead or under-leveled city or feel pressured to invest a certain amount to keeping buildings activated or pull in a minimum amount of raid artifacts

Emina

Postby Emina » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:35 am

Thank you Retep for the advice

:D Emina

Return to “Help & Questions”