German translation

Help us improve in-game translations across multiple languages.
Forum rules
We did our best by hiring experts in the gaming space to help us translate Shop Heroes across multiple languages, however, we realize that there is always room for improvement and therefore would like to enlist the help of our community to help us better these translations.
Satycron
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Re: German translation

Postby Satycron » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:58 am

Lyriko wrote:Hello,

i've found doublenamed Maces.
In german Detroyer and Demolisher are named the same as "Zerstörer", Demolisher could be renamed to "Zetrümmerer"

Thank you very much for doing that, i always forgot to post this.

Danke dir ganz herzlich.

Eleiyas
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Eleiyas » Tue May 03, 2016 6:53 pm

Satycron wrote:

In german Detroyer and Demolisher are named the same as "Zerstörer", Demolisher could be renamed to "Zetrümmerer"

Thank you very much for doing that, i always forgot to post this.

Danke dir ganz herzlich.

To be honest, the Destroyer is just a recolour of the Demolisher, so the fact they have the same name isn't totally wrong x)

Zerstörer (Rot) & Zerstörer (Blau) :lol:
// EDM Producer // Freelance Translator // IT Guy //

Arty
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Arty » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:22 pm

Not sure if it is still worth posting here as several things mentioned here have been ignored. (The stuff in the other thread "Complete german Item Translation" also seems to have ultimately been ignored, but I disagree with many of the suggestions in that thread anyway.)

Anyway, there are a couple of translations that really bother me. Those are issues beyond just simple orthography/grammar mistakes or less optimal name choices, but things that are confusing or even misleading and should really be corrected imho. There are also some bad translations where an English word was seemingly misread before translation, leading to a completely different meaning in the translation.

Category 1: misleading skill descriptions
  1. Gangster skill description:
    • english as is: "Increases equipment strength by 25% for all rogues in party"
    • german as is: "Die Stärke der Ausrüstung wird um 25% erhöht."
    • issue: The whole "for all rogues in the party" part is missing in the translation.
    • german as should be: "Die Stärke der Ausrüstung von Dieben in der Gruppe wird um 25% erhöht."
  2. Commander skill description:
    • english as is: "Increase the strength of everyone in the party by 15%"
    • german as is: "Die Stärke von Kämpfern in der Gruppe wird um <amount> erhöht."
    • issue: German version says that only Fighters get the bonus.
    • german as should be: "Die Stärke aller Gruppenmitglieder wird um <amount> erhöht."

Category 2: different Items with the same name
  1. "Draconic Amulet" (lvl 36 Amulet) and "Draconic Charm" (lvl 45 amulet) are both translated as "Drachenamulett".
    "Draconic Charm" could be renamed "Drachentalisman".
  2. "Shadowed Gloves" (lvl 18 bracers) and "Nether Gloves" (lvl 52 bracers) are both translated as "Schattenhandschuhe".
    There is no perfect match for "nether" in German, but "Nether Gloves" could possibly be renamed "Höllenhandschuhe" or "Handschuhe der Unterwelt" or "Unterwelt-Handschuhe".

Category 3: confusing (and presumably accidental) translations that alter word meanings
  1. This one has definitely been reported before: The artifact "Wyvern Wing" is translated as "Wyvernring". (Seems like "wing" was misread as "ring" before translation.)
    It should be "Wyvernflügel".
  2. The quality "Mythical" is translated as "Mystisch". (Seems like "mythical" was misread as "mystical" before translation.)
    It should be "Mythisch".
    (Both words "mythic(al)/mystic(al)" actually exist almost exactly the same in German: "mythisch/mystisch". And the fact that "mystisch" ("mystic") is actually used multiple times in item names makes its use as quality all the more confusing.)
  3. "Divine Tome" (lvl 40 spell) is translated as "Göttliches Totem". (Seems like "tome" was misread as "totem" before translation.)
    There is no perfect match for "tome" in German, but decent names would be "Göttlicher Foliant" or "Göttliches Kompendium" or "Göttlicher Band".
  4. "Gaia's Mantle" (lvl 27 clothes) is translated as "Riesenumhang". (Seems like "Gaia" was misread as "Giant" before translation.)
    It should be "Gaias Umhang".

There are likely more such things which I either didn't stumble upon yet or have forgotten about. And there are plenty of minor translation issues, but I probably won't bother listing them all.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:29 pm

Thanks! Will be sharing with the team to get corrected and hopefully in the next update.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Arty
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Arty » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:43 am

Here are another two obvious errors that were pointed out by a fellow player in world chat yesterday:

1. switched decoration names:
    In the German version, the "Ancient Statue" is named "Atlasstatue", and the "Statue Of Atlas" is named "Antike Statue". Should be the other way around.
  2. a simple typo:
    In List of Arena Rankings
    the word "Rangbelohung" should be "Rangbelohnung". (There is an 'n' missing.)

Knalltüte_

Postby Knalltüte_ » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:38 am

Funny, the typo above made it into the game, you forgot an „r“

It‘s not zetrümmerer but zeRtrümmerer, like stated in the picture...

Return to “Translations & Localization”