Strange google play review response from cloudcade

Help us improve in-game translations across multiple languages.
Forum rules
We did our best by hiring experts in the gaming space to help us translate Shop Heroes across multiple languages, however, we realize that there is always room for improvement and therefore would like to enlist the help of our community to help us better these translations.
tiot1
"Great" Mastery Member

Strange google play review response from cloudcade

Postby tiot1 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:42 pm

Hey,

I posted a review for Shopheroes and I got a reply in a language I did not understand. Could someone shed some light on this and/ or if this has happened to multiple people?

Tiot
Attachments
tmp_30804-Screenshot_2015-12-17-23-40-432119743129.png
tmp_30804-Screenshot_2015-12-17-23-40-432119743129.png (152.22 KiB) Viewed 825 times
Dare to doubt.

iVenoM
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Re: Strange google play review response from cloudcade

Postby iVenoM » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:07 pm

copy and paste to google translate
City: Redemption | First to complete city raid when it was hard! | The Devil's + 1 | #retired

Ramsickle
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Ramsickle » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:38 pm

Decided to type that all into Google Translate for you in case you have not done so yet, result is:

I understand your concerns, many of the problems that you mentioned will be fixed with the next update. Furthermore, please note that the market is not controlled by us but the price is determined by the player in the game. If you like the game, please change the rating to 5-star, thank you!

Can't say they've ever written to me in anything other than English.
There's nothing to see here.

cc_Tadaaah
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:45 pm

Going to move this to translations.

So we have translators for German, Italian, Russian, Turkish, French, Portuguese, Spanish. If you see a poop translation from one of these let me know please.

Unfortunately, with the above, currently, we have to use Google Translate. We apologize for the poor wording.

Ramsickle
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Ramsickle » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:06 pm

cc_Tadaaah wrote:Going to move this to translations.

So we have translators for German, Italian, Russian, Turkish, French, Portuguese, Spanish. If you see a poop translation from one of these let me know please.

Unfortunately, with the above, currently, we have to use Google Translate. We apologize for the poor wording.

I could be wrong but from what I am getting and by looking at the image, he wrote his review in English and got a response in a completely other language.
There's nothing to see here.

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:11 am

Did they maybe for some odd reason reply in the language of the country your google account is set to/your phone/tablet is located in?
(Indonasia if I have to believe Google Translate)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Satycron
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Satycron » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:22 am

Shiroe wrote:Did they maybe for some odd reason reply in the language of the country your google account is set to/your phone/tablet is located in?
(Indonasia if I have to believe Google Translate)

Maybe but when the person ask in english why using this language instead to reply in english too as well?

When a chinese looking person asked me in a well german/english something i repeat in german/english too and dont give a try to answer in chinese?!

cc_Tadaaah wrote:Going to move this to translations.

Hello tadaaah,
i can tell you out of experience, dont use google translator to translate into german. This is a really mess. Better you answering in english instead.
from german to english, google translator is ok! but not other way around.
I just want to give some hint/idea.

tiot1
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby tiot1 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:49 pm

Hey,

I live in Holland so its not that I live in the country the language is from.
Tadaaah I think you might have gotten the wrong idea from my post. Like someone mentioned I made a review in English and got a response in a language I did not understand, so this post probably shouldn't be in translations and localisations.
I was just very surprised when I saw this. I had made a review before (for shop heroes) and got a review in the same language.
Dare to doubt.

cc_Tadaaah

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:40 pm

tiot1 wrote:Hey,

I live in Holland so its not that I live in the country the language is from.
Tadaaah I think you might have gotten the wrong idea from my post. Like someone mentioned I made a review in English and got a response in a language I did not understand, so this post probably shouldn't be in translations and localisations.
I was just very surprised when I saw this. I had made a review before (for shop heroes) and got a review in the same language.

The reviews will sometimes say "Translated from X" which will lead to us responding that language. We can go back and update it. Also, I can help with any concerns you have here.

Return to “Translations & Localization”