Turkish Translation

Help us improve in-game translations across multiple languages.
Forum rules
We did our best by hiring experts in the gaming space to help us translate Shop Heroes across multiple languages, however, we realize that there is always room for improvement and therefore would like to enlist the help of our community to help us better these translations.
daisy

Re: Turkish Translation

Postby daisy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:47 am

Hello,

Under hero description i found another mistake.

The "KIRMIZI" means RED its color. But the "ROGUE" means "SUİKASTÇI" lowercase "suikastçı"

atilimsasmaz

Postby atilimsasmaz » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:15 pm

cc_Tadaaah wrote:
daisy wrote:Hi, i want to change some Turkish translations. There are many words are extremely wrong. How can i help you?

Feel free to post here in this thread.

Hi Tadaaah,
I am totally agree with Daisy. The Turkish version of game has lots of translation errors.
Is there xls file, or something like that to manage or send the all translations.
I like it when you add Turkish. But I return to english version at third day, and still i am playing the game in english :)

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:07 pm

daisy wrote:The "KIRMIZI" means RED its color. But the "ROGUE" means "SUİKASTÇI" lowercase "suikastçı"

Ah, interesting, so that's most likely not a machine translation then, since the translator seems to have misread the english as rouge instead of rogue. ;)

But it does point at the need for game translators to be walked through the game for context and not just be given a text file to translate.
(in another mobile game a chinese to english translator failed to pick up a character being one of the horsemen of the apocalypse, so that character ended up with the name "peckish knight" in the english version...)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

cc_CactuSparkles

Postby cc_CactuSparkles » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:10 pm

daisy wrote:Hello,

Under hero description i found another mistake.

The "KIRMIZI" means RED its color. But the "ROGUE" means "SUİKASTÇI" lowercase "suikastçı"

Thanks for helping us identify the places we need to change! We've forwarded this to our team to correct and would appreciate any more help on finding more of these as we are double checking and bettering our Turkish game version.

atilimsasmaz

Postby atilimsasmaz » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:14 pm

cc_CactuSparkles wrote:Thanks for helping us identify the places we need to change! I've forwarded this to our team to correct and would appreciate any more help on finding more of these as we are double checking and bettering our Turkish game version.

Make it triple :)
Maybe talking with screenshots will be better.

Çok olası : Olasılıklar
Olabileceğinin en iyisi : En iyi olasılık

kilitlemek için : Tarifin kilidini açmak için

İşçi alanı ekle : Çalışan alanı ekle
Aynı zamanda daha fazla işçi çalıştır : Daha fazla kişi çalıştırmanızı sağlar

Hırsızların saklanma noktası : Hırsızların saklanma yeri
Ne kadar yatrım yapmak istiyorsun : Ne kadar yatırım yapmak istiyorsun

I will write the english and Turkish ones.

Fusion Cauldron : Füzyon kazanı

Metal working station: Metal işleme istasyonu
Metal işleme : Metal işleme

Sawbench: Hızar
Woodworking : Marangozluk

Magic : Büyü

Armorcrafting: Zırh yapımı

Rune station : Runik yazı istasyonu
Rune writing: Runik yazım

Artificing table : Zanaat Masası
Tinkering : Zanaat

Çare rafı : Bitkisel tedavi rafı
Korumalı eldiven rafı : Zırh eldiveni rafı
Enerji Satış Değeri : Satışta Enerji Değeri

Çıta rafı : Asa rafı

Yararlı ot kutusu : Şifalı Bitki kutusu
Baharatlar : Şifalı Bitkiler

Overview : Genel bakış
Rewards : Ödüller
Participants : Katılımcılar

Fırsatlar : Teklif
Satışta : Satışta olan
Stokta : Stokta olan

OLAĞANÜSTÜ IŞ : OLAĞANÜSTÜ İŞ
Çalşanlar şunu üretti : Çalışanlar şunu üretti

And there is lots and lots of translation errors like that. Especially the "crafted item names". As I say they are mostly boring for me, sometimes even they are too confusing. After too many confuses I stop playing in Turkish and return to English again :)

carmenta

Postby carmenta » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:59 pm

First of all; Rogue still looks as 'Kırmızı'. Will it change? *-*

And since I'm bored, I changed my game as Turkish to see if there is anything wrong with translation. At the first minute, I saw this;

Just as you know, the name of the furniture is 'Fusion Cauldron' There is no proper noun there. But somehow, in translation, Fusion translated as 'Birleştiricisi' (which means combiner) but 'Cauldron' stayed the same. Cauldron means 'Kazan' in Turkish. So it should have been 'Birleştirici Kazan'

Do game developers think about recruiting people as translator maybe? As voluntary job maybe, or with in-game wages. Some games to that and I believe it would be benefitial for the game since translations from non-gamers or Google Translate can be really bad. I would like to help better if it was possible. n.n

----

Edit:

Soooo. I found another big-ish mistake.

It says 'kilitlemek için' which means 'to lock' in Turkish. But, original text is 'to unlock' which is opposite of it :? It should have been 'Açmak İçin' (or 'açmak için' in lowercase).

carmenta

Postby carmenta » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:49 pm

Uhm hello. Will you care about translations any time soon? .-. ^

Return to “Translations & Localization”