Hi there, Newbie here, Where can i spend my gems the best on?

Discussion of lower level gameplay and strategy.
MagicCookies

Postby MagicCookies » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:50 am

I was wondering as i got 1,000+ gems and im wondering what the best way is to spend them on!

And paradise, this amazing game is coming to freaking steam <3

infiner
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Hi there, Newbie here, Where can i spend my gems the best on?

Postby infiner » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:55 am

In my opinion, best you can use your gems is to add up cauldron slots. Then upgrade 1-2 slots of questing. Later in game, several upgraded crafting and market slots will be very usefull too.

Most of the beginners are converting gems to gold (via keys) to speed up their progress in game (upgrade shop size, furniture, add workers slots.
This choice can be good or bad, depending on your gamestyle.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:56 am

- extra cauldron fuse slot(s): 2nd: 1K gems, 3rd: 3k gems, 4th: 5k gems
- what some do at early-ish game (I guess lvl 15-30) is buy keys for gems and sell them for gold (early-mid game slot unlocks have a much better gold price than gem price and plenty people seem to enjoy rushing through early game city buildings with the gold from keys)

right now, wooden key: 7 gems -> 225k gold
leather: 10 -> 2.25M
iron: 71 -> 18M
gold: 247 -> 90M
as long as your networth is over the listed gold value...
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

MagicCookies

Postby MagicCookies » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:19 am

Shiroe wrote:- extra cauldron fuse slot(s): 2nd: 1K gems, 3rd: 3k gems, 4th: 5k gems
- what some do at early-ish game (I guess lvl 15-30) is buy keys for gems and sell them for gold (early-mid game slot unlocks have a much better gold price than gem price and plenty people seem to enjoy rushing through early game city buildings with the gold from keys)

I can sell 71 iron for 18 million gold? lmao really?

This stuff looks freaking good haha, thanks for all the suggestions and i hope you can answer my question above

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:09 am

MagicCookies wrote:
Shiroe wrote:- extra cauldron fuse slot(s): 2nd: 1K gems, 3rd: 3k gems, 4th: 5k gems

I was being lazy and leaving out [key], [gems] and [gold] from the ones after the first... ;)
So: iron key: costs ~71 gems to buy from tradehouse offers, can be used to fill a iron key request that pays 18 million gold. The same for the other key types.
(the same is true for keys from raid/bulk orders, minus having to spend gems on them...)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

MagicCookies

Postby MagicCookies » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:25 am

Shiroe wrote:
MagicCookies wrote:

I was being lazy and leaving out [key], [gems] and [gold] from the ones after the first... ;)
So: iron key: costs ~71 gems to buy from tradehouse offers, can be used to fill a iron key request that pays 18 million gold. The same for the other key types.
(the same is true for keys from raid/bulk orders, minus having to spend gems on them...)

Thanks and how does those raid/bulk orders work?
And what are the best extra slots to buy?

Zephryl

Postby Zephryl » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:00 pm

Once you've joined a City, or alternatively built the Castle in your own, there's a Raid that starts every Friday and lasts... until Sunday, I believe.

You send your Heroes out on a special quest to retrieve items specifically for the Raid, and get rewarded based on how many of those items you get before the Raid for that week finishes (The reward tiers are unlocked by higher levels of Castle, so with a low level castle you won't get much rewards, but early on you won't be capable of earning many rewards either).

Bulk Orders you get roughly once a day, where someone comes in and orders 6-10 or so of three different items, and gives you 24 hours to do it (With rewards based on if you fulfill each of those three items or not). The Key is usually a reward for fulfilling 2 or 3 of the items (I think it may usually, or always, be 3 but I think I've seen it at 2 once).

These Bulk Orders are one-offs once you complete them. If you hand in less than all of the items and the time expires, you'll be asked if you want to accept the reward you were up to, or take your items back and try again later. If you accept the rewards, whichever rewards you didn't get are lost forever, if you take your items back the person will return with that order 1+ days later.

If someone comes to you with a bulk order of things you know you can't make yet, or can't make 10 of, you can reject it straight up with no penalty (Though they won't return for a time).

Personally I would say to flip a couple keys to get a nice gold supply for upgrades (Though make sure the upgrade you want to buy isn't cheaper to just spend gems on, rather than flipping a key for the gold), then use some others on chests since you'll want those blueprints at some point, and I think it's better to save the Blueprint fragments for later on.

As for slots, the Fusion Pot is the "best" one, as it's Gem only; Although taking everything into account the upgraded crafting slots are also nice (Though it'll be a while before they become really useful).

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:36 am

Zephryl wrote:Bulk Orders you get roughly once a day,

They actually unlock at specific player levels (the spreadsheet at http://bit.ly/shopheroes lists all bulk orders and their unlock levels), but because new players levelup so fast, they often seem to mistake it for a daily thing that they need to accept and fullfill right away, so most end up buying at least half of the bulk order items from the tradehouse, where people know those items are needed for bulk orders and bump up the price accordingly. :( (If, as I suspect, Cloudcade intended the bulk orders to be a "go out and craft many different types of items!" type of feature, they failed miserably at communicating/signalling that in-game... </rant>)

If you accept the rewards, whichever rewards you didn't get are lost forever, if you take your items back the person will return with that order 1+ days later.

The system seems to be: return 24 hours after leaving the Inn/Shop unless another bulk customer is in the Inn/Shop at that time. If so, wait for all the bulk customers before them in line to leave/be dismissed. (so if you want one to return quickly, tell the others to go away and return later as soon as they walk into your shop)

(Though make sure the upgrade you want to buy isn't cheaper to just spend gems on, rather than flipping a key for the gold),

back in mid 2015, that might have applied to the top half, but with the current inflated gem value, I think for the bottom 90-95% of slot unlocks, shop size upgrades etc. gems -> keys -> gold -> slot unlock/ shop upgrade is always more gem-efficient and there being a level-lock on using gold on it for most of them is the only reason to use gems directly on those.

byrmztrk77

Postby byrmztrk77 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:12 am

Zephryl wrote:Once you've joined a City, or alternatively built the Castle in your own, there's a Raid that starts every Friday and lasts... until Sunday, I believe.

You send your Heroes out on a special quest to retrieve items specifically for the Raid, and get rewarded based on how many of those items you get before the Raid for that week finishes (The reward tiers are unlocked by higher levels of Castle, so with a low level castle you won't get much rewards, but early on you won't be capable of earning many rewards either).

Bulk Orders you get roughly once a day, where someone comes in and orders 6-10 or so of three different items, and gives you 24 hours to do it (With rewards based on if you fulfill each of those three items or not). The Key is usually a reward for fulfilling 2 or 3 of the items (I think it may usually, or always, be 3 but I think I've seen it at 2 once).

These Bulk Orders are one-offs once you complete them. If you hand in less than all of the items and the time expires, you'll be asked if you want to accept the reward you were up to, or take your items back and try again later. If you accept the rewards, whichever rewards you didn't get are lost forever, if you take your items back the person will return with that order 1+ days later.

If someone comes to you with a bulk order of things you know you can't make yet, or can't make 10 of, you can reject it straight up with no penalty (Though they won't return for a time).

Personally I would say to flip a couple keys to get a nice gold supply for upgrades (Though make sure the upgrade you want to buy isn't cheaper to just spend gems on, rather than flipping a key for the gold), then use some others on chests since you'll want those blueprints at some point, and I think it's better to save the Blueprint fragments for later on.

As for slots, the Fusion Pot is the "best" one, as it's Gem only; Although taking everything into account the upgraded crafting slots are also nice (Though it'll be a while before they become really useful).

They dont come once a day :D I have a way that allows me to get those order guys usually 3 , sometimes 4 a day. I dont know your time zone but from 00:00 am to 9:00 am UTC +2 if u complete the orders from them in 30 mins u can get them again in 1 or 2 hours.Try it every xx:15 or xx:45.There may be different methods but this is my method to call those guys.And u may have to restart the game 5-6 times in a row. I dont know if anyone realized this method but i just wanted to share this with new friends as i am.(I started playing this game just a week ago and i'm 27 lv and have more than 200m with this way.) Good Luck.

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:59 am

byrmztrk77 wrote:They dont come once a day :D I have a way that allows me to get those order guys usually 3 , sometimes 4 a day. I dont know your time zone but from 00:00 am to 9:00 am UTC +2 if u complete the orders from them in 30 mins u can get them again in 1 or 2 hours.Try it every xx:15 or xx:45.There may be different methods but this is my method to call those guys.And u may have to restart the game 5-6 times in a row. I dont know if anyone realized this method but i just wanted to share this with new friends as i am.(I started playing this game just a week ago and i'm 27 lv and have more than 200m with this way.) Good Luck.

You must have wasted so much gold on the tradehouse if you rushed through completing them that quickly...
By level 27, you'll have unlocked Thomas 1-7, Catherine 1-7, Lorelei 1-6 and Charles 1-5 and only have
Thomas 8-10, Catherine 8-10, Lorelei 7-10 and Charles 6-10 left to unlock on the way to playerlevel 40...

There is no need to hyper-rush it like that, in fact in world chat I constantly tell people that if they can't fill a special/bulk order, that customer will return with the exact same order 24 hours after leaving the shop/inn, unless another of the 3 special/bulk order customer are in the queue before them with an unlocked special/bulk order.
See the wiki or bit.ly/shopheroes spreadsheet for the full list of special/bulk orders, when they unlock and what their contents are.

Return to “Beginner Strategy”