Should I leave my city?

Discussion of lower level gameplay and strategy.
Token#80457

Should I leave my city?

Postby Token#80457 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:14 am

I am in a city with 4-5 active players ranging from 20-28. We have room for at least 8 more players, and a couple we have are low level inactive.
I find that I can pretty much afford to invest in city, and I'm sort of holding at level 22 myself, so I'm reluctant to move to a bigger city.

Should I go solo til level 30 to reduce my investments costs?
What happens if I go solo and some of my city investments are locked because I don't have level reqs met for those buildings?
MMOG - fastest growing sector in the BIG Entertainment Industry - Save our children from boredom!

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: Should I leave my city?

Postby Shiroe » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:42 am

Token#80457 wrote:I am in a city with 4-5 active players ranging from 20-28. We have room for at least 8 more players, and a couple we have are low level inactive.
I find that I can pretty much afford to invest in city, and I'm sort of holding at level 22 myself, so I'm reluctant to move to a bigger city.

Should I go solo til level 30 to reduce my investments costs?
What happens if I go solo and some of my city investments are locked because I don't have level reqs met for those buildings?

Solo mostly helps with speeding through furniture upgrades by boosting the town hall, at level 22 you are probably beyond most other solo advantages.
Based on what you wrote, I'd advise against going solo for more than a few days (unless you have lots of gold stockpiled that would be: flip keys for gold, use gold to town hall boost through a few dozen furniture upgrades, return to a non-solo city) .

Assuming you are responsible for about 20% of the city investments, moving solo would drop most buildings by a few levels probably (investments per level is exponential, so luckily it won't be a 80% drop ;) ) .
If any of your hired workers' buildings don't have the correct level, you keep the worker, but if you fire him/her, he/she would be re-locked (they will keep their level if re-locked). 1 or more workers likely will also be level locked from gaining exp.
If any of your hired heroes' buildings don't have the correct level, the hero will be re-locked. (they will keep their level and gear if re-locked). 1 or more heroes likely will also be level locked from gaining exp.
And of course resource regen will be slower, 1 or more tier 2 or 3 resources could be re-locked and you might lose access to 1 or more quest locations.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Token#80457

Postby Token#80457 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:35 am

Hmm, I'm the top investor in my current city, nearly 40% of the city belongs to me.
MMOG - fastest growing sector in the BIG Entertainment Industry - Save our children from boredom!

WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby WingDingo » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:45 am

You are probably getting to to the point that you'd want to join another city with active players who are around your investment level. The exclusive benefit of playing solo (or with a few players / inactive players) is that you can control your City Boosts. It is extremely important to be able to afford to boost into the city if you want to.

I'd recommend having all of your furniture around level 7-10 (depending on what you can afford), and to get those furniture there using the Town Hall boost to reduce furniture upgrade time. You will start seeing times that are 2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours, and 1 day. Once you no longer have anything you feel you need to urgently upgrade, move on to a new city. It won't matter if your furniture takes 1+ day if that's all you can afford to upgrade and you weren't going to boost it faster to upgrade your next piece of furniture.

Fluffy
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Fluffy » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:09 am

Invest in all your bins, workstations, and other upgrades first before you leave the city.
As courtesy to the other players, inform them that you plan on leaving after a week or so. Most people forget this and just UP without saying anything. (Our previous mayor did this, so we were scattered for a few weeks until we firmly decided to rebuild the city from scratch)

Level up a few more and invest about 100m+ so you'll easily get in a middle level city.
Going solo is definitely not helpful at any time forward. Raid would be harder too, so just do your best now with the city you're in before moving on.
Most low level guys form a stepping stone city before they move on to a more established one. Unless you're a hardcore gamer/grinder, funding your own city won't be a nice experience either. Some make this mistake until they reach a town hall which needs at least 100m investment, which will just gradually increase each level. Then they stagnate and most members just keep on leaving or quitting. So yes, leave your city after you've leveled some more.
Have officially quit the game. Thank you very much for this game and all my citymates!

Return to “Beginner Strategy”