Shop Heroes Spreadsheet

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Richard
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Shop Heroes Spreadsheet

Postby Richard » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:21 pm

Welcome to the official thread for the Shop Heroes Data Spreadsheet. In this thread, I'll list updates and changes made to the spreadsheet along with answering any questions you may have. You can also use this thread to report errors or leave suggestions for improvement.

View the Spreadsheet
Last edited by Richard on Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Re: Shop Heroes Spreadsheet

Postby WingDingo » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:22 am

As much as I love spreadsheets (and no, I'm not being sarcastic), what is it about the wikia that you don't like? So far, there isn't anything on your site that isn't already set up in wikia. Your efforts could be used in the wikia to help bring it up to speed. I have suspended my efforts on the wikia because of the severe changes that occur each patch. If you feel the same way, I completely understand. Your spreadsheet allows for quick changes without all of the coding.

I can see a use for a sortable spreadsheet for comparative purposes, but it doesn't look like your spreadsheet is meant to do that so far. For example, if you were to have the materials and discipline requirements in a sortable manner so you can see if a Knight Riders uses less materials and takes less time to craft than a Lava Axe. Or any 2 items.

Or you could chart out the level up costs of buildings to see which workers are cheaper to unlock to get the most skill points the fastest.

I am currently working on a spreadsheet to find the break even point (no pun intended) for the probable quantity of quest items obtained versus the probability of items breaking. It will be a plug-in spreadsheet where you can enter all of your items break chance to determine if it is worth it to you to keep your adventurers doing low level quests, or if is worth it to equip a +400 power piece of equipment with a 5% break chance worth 50,000 gold to get a rare material for crafting a 200,000 item.

Richard

Postby Richard » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:44 am

WingDingo wrote:As much as I love spreadsheets (and no, I'm not being sarcastic), what is it about the wikia that you don't like? So far, there isn't anything on your site that isn't already set up in wikia. Your efforts could be used in the wikia to help bring it up to speed. I have suspended my efforts on the wikia because of the severe changes that occur each patch. If you feel the same way, I completely understand. Your spreadsheet allows for quick changes without all of the coding.

I can see a use for a sortable spreadsheet for comparative purposes, but it doesn't look like your spreadsheet is meant to do that so far. For example, if you were to have the materials and discipline requirements in a sortable manner so you can see if a Knight Riders uses less materials and takes less time to craft than a Lava Axe. Or any 2 items.

Or you could chart out the level up costs of buildings to see which workers are cheaper to unlock to get the most skill points the fastest.

I am currently working on a spreadsheet to find the break even point (no pun intended) for the probable quantity of quest items obtained versus the probability of items breaking. It will be a plug-in spreadsheet where you can enter all of your items break chance to determine if it is worth it to you to keep your adventurers doing low level quests, or if is worth it to equip a +400 power piece of equipment with a 5% break chance worth 50,000 gold to get a rare material for crafting a 200,000 item.

In all honesty, to add on to what you said about the spreadsheet offering quick changes. I like spreadsheets a heck-ton more then the atrocious formatting and editing options provided by the Wikia service. Google Spreadsheets, in my opinion, are easier to manage, use, view, and edit. Spreadsheets are all info - straight up data, if you will.

I hope I don't sound like I'm insulting the work you guys have done, that's not what I'm saying. You guys are doing an awesome job. It's simply the wikia service itself that I have an issue.

Also, as I mentioned in my post, the spreadsheet will continue to grow and grow (like it did with S&P 2) and will eventually provide an abundance of data and information. And also, what's wrong with having two options for players to find info on items and such, spreadsheets for those who like them and the Wikia for those who like them. :D

P.S. Sorting options may be possible with Google Spreadsheets, I'll have to look into it but I believe there may be a way.

EDIT: I've figured out some basic sorting, using filter views from the data menu, you can now sort by price, and level. I'll add some more filter options eventually (maybe even some more complex ones).
Kong: TheCongressman | Reddit: Zesty_Hamburger | In-Game: Richard#73188 | Shop Heroes Discord Server | Shop Heroes Data Spreadsheet

WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby WingDingo » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:01 am

I fully support the use of wikis and spreadsheets. They have their uses. This is the Google Spreadsheet of what I have been working on the past few days, and finally put online. You can currently only manipulate the gray cells. It is complete in-so-far as you don't care about Adventurer skills, but those do matter, so it is not finished. My findings are actually barely supportive to my hypothesis that sending out 2 adventurers is better than 1 for gathering rare resources. It is better, but by a much smaller margin than I anticipated. I also had a standing aversion to equipping my adventurers, and statistically, items are going to blow up all the time. This is worse than I had anticipated.
Shop Heroes Questing Break Chance & Quest Rewards

When this is done, if you would like to add it to your spreadsheet, I'd be more than happy to (let you) port it over, if you want.

To the best of my knowledge, there are options to make sortable data in wikia formatting. I have not delved into that yet, due to the data holes. There can be elegant pull down menus and sortable tables. For a user, this can be great. For a wiki editor, it can be a total pain.

As a new gamer, my initial assumption would be there would be an in-game FAQ to help me figure out what to do. There isn't one, and this should be a priority for the development team. Currently, new players ask the same 5 questions* over and over in world chat. My secondary assumption is that any non-FAQ-in-game-data would be compiled into a central location. I would assume that would be on the Shop Heroes web page. To what extent should data be available either in-game or on the main website, I don't know. There is a poorly visible FAQ on the main site. My third assumption would be that if I am looking for data mining, tips, techniques, explanations, and so on, I'd visit a wiki. From a wiki, I may visit an external site or view a document.

*Question 1: How do I gain (shop keeper) levels?
*Question 2: How do I (increase the maximum to) level adventurers?
*Question 3: Why are my crafting times changing?
*Question 4: Which workers are the best to hire?
*Question 5: Can / should I join a town?

Richard

Postby Richard » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:48 am

Thanks for the information, WingDingo. I can add you as a collaborator and import your sheet into mine so that you can edit it there and have it visible to those who view my sheets as well.

Private message me your Google account email address so that I can add you (if you wish to be added that is).
Kong: TheCongressman | Reddit: Zesty_Hamburger | In-Game: Richard#73188 | Shop Heroes Discord Server | Shop Heroes Data Spreadsheet

CC_Spender

Postby CC_Spender » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:55 pm

We are happy to see you guys/gals so involved in the game. I can't comment on the accuracy of your data but good work ;) !

Richard

Postby Richard » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:56 pm

CC_Spender wrote:We are happy to see you guys/gals so involved in the game. I can't comment on the accuracy of your data but good work ;) !

Thank you for the compliment. We'll do our best.

Richard

Postby Richard » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:51 am

I made some updates to the spreadsheet and added links to the original post here on the forums for the spreadsheet, report page and submission page for any players who want to help out.

View Shop Heroes Data Spreadsheet | Submit Spreadsheet Item Information | Report a Spreadsheet Error or Issue

Cloudcade
Cloudcade Staff

Postby Cloudcade » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:40 am

Thanks for all your hard work, sticky'ed to help other players!

Retaeiyu
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Retaeiyu » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:36 pm

Level caps for Fiora and Kurul is 40.
Retaeiyu#50373

Return to “General Discussion”