Trending in Shop Heroes

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Abqu
"Epic" Mastery Member

Trending in Shop Heroes

Postby Abqu » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:50 pm

"There is actually a hidden mechanic called "Trending" in which customers ask more and more items that you sell to them and less the ones you refuse!"

Tonight, whilst streaming, my stream chat was given this interesting bit of information by Frodo/Flaporte. It blows my rack strategy out of the water -- but I've been told all along that I was incorrect anyway.

Obviously I have a thousand more questions based on this one teensy morsel, but they're all more along the lines of speculation.

For example:
- Does the "trend" in a category reset? decay? improve?
- Can selling low level items in a category increase the number?
- Is "trend" shop-wide or individual?
- Can suggesting into a different category prevent walk-in trend loss?

It would account for why I have such a high rate of impatients on Frostfire Talismans and Gaia Hearts (I sell a lot of goddess tears). It would also sort of explain the high rate of Frostfire Harps to people constantly selling Ocarinas, and perhaps even KOS (but I'm told that's a stretch).

Anecdotally, I think it can be observed but hard to confirm player-side. I still think racks have some sort of influence, but that's also my stubbornness.

For example, I often notice that shortly after placing a rack, customer behavior is altered towards that rack's category. It has happened enough times for me to feel like it's more than coincidental but hey, I was wrong about this so I wouldn't be shocked if I was again.

kobisjeruk
"Good" Mastery Member

Re: Trending in Shop Heroes

Postby kobisjeruk » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:18 pm

I notice a certain time of day heroes ask for certain item type more than others i.e. helms and gloves in the morning, weapons and rings in the evening and clothes and potions at night. This might be just me talking outta my behind part deux.
What if we make a petition on change.org to ask for a different CM? #EnergeticConspiracy #SupportIsSafe

Lionstar
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Lionstar » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:37 pm

I knew it was in the game for sure for quite some time, didnt really pay any attention to it thou. There is not much to take advantage of honestly.
I noticed many times if I started crafting certain item and selling it to customers they all came back and didnt ask for the particular item but for the same item category and their lvl appropriate item. In my opinion its just tiny little extra help for people without enough hearts to suggest everything constantly. It takes less hearts to suggest item from the same category.

Never noticed any influence regarding racks thou.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:03 am

Have had too many times that 5/7 or 6/7 customers ask for level-appropriate swords...
Must be the Balmungs I craft now and then and the bits of mastering I've been doing now and then on 1 or 2 sword blueprints.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

infiner
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby infiner » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:42 am

I noticed huge influence of racks on customers requests/proposals. Here is two examples:
1) When i was in need for some high-power clothes, i put in racks and in awhile heroes start coming and ask/propose clothes. They almost never does that before.
2) When i stopped producing balmungs for my team and remove sword racks, it takes almost eternity to sell all swords from inventory. Heroes stopped to ask that category at all.

WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby WingDingo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:47 am

Dear sweet Abqu. I've been trying to tell you this. I've collected data to show you this, multiple times.

It is wildly easier to manipulate your customers with a small inventory (or mostly locked inventory) than it is when you're at near capacity.

Re: Ocarina Impatient Customer
http://forum.shopheroesgame.com/viewtop ... =10#p31700

Return to “General Discussion”