Feature Poll! and Roadmap Discussion Thread

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
inVoh
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Feature Poll! and Roadmap Discussion Thread

Postby inVoh » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:49 pm

yingying wrote:
Angryplayer wrote:In the game there is no competition between the players. Very boring. Therefore, people leave. So your playerbase is farmers. They will play for free (almost) and mastering blueprints. They will also be boring, but they are farmers, they are ready for it. They will resist change. Active people left (many) this game, so you can not get the right feedback.

Sir, I have to disagree here. Right now in Canadian app store top grossing chart, there are 3 farming games in top 50 list. If you count match-3 games (also non-competitive), it's even more. One of the most profitable game franchise in game history is The Sims, a sandbox "dollhouse" game (which I spent thousands of dollars on). So games with no competition can make money if done right. Our whole city is composed by farmers (all active, many played for over a year), and we do spend money on this game. Our major buys all packages up to date, because he is a completest (lots of farmers are also collectors). I spend about $200 so far on gem fountains and a few packs I like. Not much, but still far from playing free. Actually farmers adapt to changes better and are generally more loyal to a game. Competitive players jump ship quickly. Once they "beat" a game, or find the game too hard to beat, they quit. There are thousands of good PVP games out there to choose from anyway. There aren't many none competitive games available, so as long as CC makes it decent enough, farmers stay. CC can spend as much effort as they like to make the PVP interesting, farmers don't care. But by the core nature of the game (crafting and shop management), I don't think CC can make it more interesting than all those games focusing solely on PVP. And if they turn the game to be all about competition (i.e., you cant get anything decent unless you do well in PVP or city v city), then they drive farmers away too. I don't think that's a good idea :roll:

No one said Shop Heroes needs to be solely about PvP. However adding and strengthening PvP elements will help the game because it gives longevity to competitive players. PvP needs improvement. As it stands it was added in May of 2016 and it has not changed since. It is simply RPS where your opponent goes first. Adding PvP skills to items would do a lot to give more control to the player in how they control their PvP strategy. As well as hide their strategy easier from attackers. This will not hinder the "farmers". What we've seen here is a lack of support for PvP even though they added a barebones model of it last year. Even Tadaaah admitted that PvP was getting shafted and needed more work.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:23 am

inVoh wrote:PvP needs improvement. As it stands it was added in May of 2016 and it has not changed since. It is simply RPS where your opponent goes first. Adding PvP skills to items would do a lot to give more control to the player in how they control their PvP strategy. As well as hide their strategy easier from attackers. This will not hinder the "farmers". What we've seen here is a lack of support for PvP even though they added a barebones model of it last year. Even Tadaaah admitted that PvP was getting shafted and needed more work.

Aw, but wasn't it streamlined from from all 3 of a hero's abilities triggering to only 1 selected ability during PVP beta because it was such a dragged out mess of ability triggers? Wasn't it like a minute of triggers even at 4x speed? (I think "skip" got added later)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

yingying
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby yingying » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:24 am

inVoh wrote:No one said Shop Heroes needs to be solely about PvP. However adding and strengthening PvP elements will help the game because it gives longevity to competitive players. PvP needs improvement. As it stands it was added in May of 2016 and it has not changed since. It is simply RPS where your opponent goes first. Adding PvP skills to items would do a lot to give more control to the player in how they control their PvP strategy. As well as hide their strategy easier from attackers. This will not hinder the "farmers". What we've seen here is a lack of support for PvP even though they added a barebones model of it last year. Even Tadaaah admitted that PvP was getting shafted and needed more work.

I think it's impossible to turn SH to be solely about PVP given the nature of the game. CC can spend all their time on PVP and farmers would be fine with it. My point is: 1) They should not offer any, if not all, future contents that the only way to obtain is via PVP, because that's forcing farmers to do something they don't like, and that's never a good thing for any game; and 2) Personally I don't see how CC can make PVP so interesting that it will attract new competitive players because of it. There are plenty of great PVP games out there, so anyone looking for a nice PVP experience won't take SH as their first choice (actually I never quite understand why competitive players would play SH to begin with). I think the strength of SH is crafting and managing with a unique theme, and I believe that should should still be the main focus for improvement. My personal opinion, games like this should focus more on cooperation than competition, and that's why the idea of raid and city investment is well received. We put our efforts toward one goal and in the end everyone is happy. Can't go wrong with that. Also cooperation is quite fun and build friendship. With competition, you almost always have one party happy and another sour. That's fine with other types of game because you know what you have signed up for. But SH? I don't know.

Then again, I'm not against CC to do more work on PVP. I just don't feel that's the solution to most of SH's current problems.

cray36

Postby cray36 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:13 am

Hero Rest Time Modifications: April
Fusion Time Modifications: April

The ambiguity of these two is scary. Can we get some sort of elaboration? Are they nerfs, buffs?

Everything else in the list, I trust the judgement of the devs. But how game-changing the above could be, I personally would really like to know more details before investing more of my time/money in the game.

akerson
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby akerson » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:55 pm

I'm very much looking forward to the features that are coming. Just curious, I don't remember seeing Tadaaah quitting on the roadmap, should we expect any other nice surprises for March?
"I believe the forum ban was deserved, as he has been out of line, and warned.

I believe a permanent game ban was out of line."

-Abqu

Fenix
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Fenix » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:18 am

Shiroe wrote:
inVoh wrote:PvP needs improvement. As it stands it was added in May of 2016 and it has not changed since. It is simply RPS where your opponent goes first. Adding PvP skills to items would do a lot to give more control to the player in how they control their PvP strategy. As well as hide their strategy easier from attackers. This will not hinder the "farmers". What we've seen here is a lack of support for PvP even though they added a barebones model of it last year. Even Tadaaah admitted that PvP was getting shafted and needed more work.

Aw, but wasn't it streamlined from from all 3 of a hero's abilities triggering to only 1 selected ability during PVP beta because it was such a dragged out mess of ability triggers? Wasn't it like a minute of triggers even at 4x speed? (I think "skip" got added later)

The speed ups and skip feature were added because people complained about how slow battles were with all 3 abilities going off at 100%. However when they added the speed up features they also changed it from 3 abilities activating down to 1 at the same time. So we never got to see if the speed up functions would have actually remedied the issue of long battle times, which was fine imo but w/e. anow most of us skip the battle immediately anyway so the battle time should be irrelevant. I would really like to see it go back to using all 3 with the small change of giving us the option of changing the priority of the skills.

Like if you select a skill and give it priority 1 it goes off 100% of the time, priority 2 going off like 50-60% of the time and priority 3 would go off like 25% of the time. That would give us all 3 skills and still give players the chance to create a custom strategy, allowing for far more depth.

Really I'd just like to see it go back to the original beta version with all 3 skills going off at 100% but that seems like it will never happen.
-Official Fennekin of the Shop Heroes Forums-

Angryplayer
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Angryplayer » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:30 am

Fenix wrote:Like if you select a skill and give it priority 1 it goes off 100% of the time, priority 2 going off like 50-60% of the time and priority 3 would go off like 25% of the time. That would give us all 3 skills and still give players the chance to create a custom strategy, allowing for far more depth.

Really I'd just like to see it go back to the original beta version with all 3 skills going off at 100% but that seems like it will never happen.

This is a bad idea, bad strategy is to hope for a 25% chance.

I understand that the make the 25 heroes is difficult, but it's been a long time, maybe it's time to do some work on Alicia? This is the legendary hero T5 (loved by many), but her no one uses in the arena.

cloudcade, if you're reading this, give us a new Alicia, please.

I'm angry! :twisted:

Zuuhl
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Zuuhl » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:22 am

Wait... wut?
HOW much arena power?
*twitch*
Well... there I was, thinking 40K on most of my arena team members was pretty awesome...

Retep
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Retep » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:38 am

Zuuhl wrote:Wait... wut?
HOW much arena power?
*twitch*
Well... there I was, thinking 40K on most of my arena team members was pretty awesome...

lol, ikr, some people have some insane gear. But to be fair, top 25 honor is possible with ~30-40k power on most of your heroes and without spending any gems on more fights.

litari

Postby litari » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:01 am

yingying wrote:... actually I never quite understand why competitive players would play SH to begin with ...

You can be competative without straight on PvP. I consider myself a fairly competative gamer and I find SHs PvP to be pretty meh. The competitive elements that I like in SH are the leaderboards! Especially the city leaderboard. My city takes raiding pretty serious and I love it every time we climb a step on the global leaderboards
In-game: litari#54358, First knife crafted: 22/03/16, City: Eolythes, Level: 56, NW: 194.7G, Items unlocked: 563, Packs owned: 2 (sig updated: 08/06/17)

Return to “General Discussion”