Feature Poll! and Roadmap Discussion Thread

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Abqu
"Epic" Mastery Member

Re: Feature Poll! and Roadmap Discussion Thread

Postby Abqu » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:55 pm

WingDingo wrote:
Retep wrote:
cc_Darkis wrote:As I get settled in during the next few weeks, we should be able to get something like this done more often. I do know there are some great things in the works and they should be getting teased shortly. :D
Any idea how shortly? Should I keep refreshing the forums? :lol:
What we need you to do is to sneak into Cloudcade HQ, take a quick video of their conference room with a few seconds pointed at their whiteboard, share that video on youtube, and you'll have months of speculation and discussion.

10/10, would go frame by frame again

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:35 pm

That's not a bad idea to be honest! :lol:
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Lionstar
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Lionstar » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:55 pm

Since we have for a change nice CM whose willing to talk to us, Ive been meaning to ask for a while now:

What is the cadence of patches planned ahead at the moment? We used to have balancing and content patches every month in the past but at the end of the last year there suddenly started to be gaps and before we knew it it was pretty much maintenance mode + packs. Then some extra content came in December and here we are at the end of the March again...

Is there a plan to go back to more regular monthly content release? Or is it going to be more sporadic as it began to be last year.

I mean for a healthy game which is trying to keep its customers interested it feels like monthly updates are somewhat mandatory these days considering the competition out there and new shiny games coming out every week. Honestly even small things brought on monthly bases are probably more beneficial to the community than bigger updates once a year.

Could you let us know whats the development team perspective on this and what could we expect in the future?

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:46 pm

Lionstar wrote:Since we have for a change nice CM whose willing to talk to us, Ive been meaning to ask for a while now:

What is the cadence of patches planned ahead at the moment? We used to have balancing and content patches every month in the past but at the end of the last year there suddenly started to be gaps and before we knew it it was pretty much maintenance mode + packs. Then some extra content came in December and here we are at the end of the March again...

Is there a plan to go back to more regular monthly content release? Or is it going to be more sporadic as it began to be last year.

I mean for a healthy game which is trying to keep its customers interested it feels like monthly updates are somewhat mandatory these days considering the competition out there and new shiny games coming out every week. Honestly even small things brought on monthly bases are probably more beneficial to the community than bigger updates once a year.

Could you let us know whats the development team perspective on this and what could we expect in the future?

Seeing this is my first week and I'm still in the 'Fast Track' to getting caught up, I don't have much to share outside of that the team is pretty much in overdrive working on new content and changes to get the game back on track.

I think once this upcoming content is released, we can go from there. My gut feeling want's to say YES to everything you said and I have confidence that it will turn out that way eventually. :D
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Cloudcade
Cloudcade Staff

Postby Cloudcade » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:57 am

Lionstar wrote:Since we have for a change nice CM whose willing to talk to us, Ive been meaning to ask for a while now:

Allow me to chime in to help shed some light here.

We have about 16 month worth of planned content at the moment and unfortunately a bottleneck with development between consistent server and database sided optimizations, content development and bug fixes. With that being said, we are currently primarily working on one BIG feature, even larger than the Arena, in which will take another 3 month before it can be rolled out fully. There will still be consistent balancing, bug fixes, UI fixes/tweaks and smaller content update each month. We will always have one update/patch a month, although some development may not be reflected in the patch notes, i.e. the server sided optimizations and database scaling to support an influx of new players with our upcoming release into several key new Geos.

Towards mid Q4 and into early Q1 this year, you guys may have noticed a bunch of re-balancing, pricing adjustments and primarily new packs being noticeable content being introduced into the game. This is in fact not our plan to sunset Shop Heroes or put it "on maintenance mode" as you've put it, but rather largely due to the fact that we've been allocating the bulk of development resources during this time to prepare Shop Heroes for several new platforms/distribution channels/Geos to really give a significant boost to daily active userbase. The adjustments were all made with the intent to re-balance and pace the early gameplay to reflect today's economic and growth curve in Shop Heroes, in which you guys have slowly shaped across 2016. These changes were not designed to punish existing players as some may have interpreted but to rather to allow new players to emerge into the game as quickly as possible. Now that most of the server sided optimizations, database scaling and early game revamp has been completed, we are back on track to releasing more of the tangible content in which you were used to seeing on a month to month basis.

Our goal across 2016 and into early 2017 is to release several key features in which are geared towards increased social interactivity, additional opt-in competitive elements, time limited live ops/events, improved UI and user experience (usability features such as preset hero parties for quests), improving on existing features (daily quests, roulette, fusion, raid, arena and special order quests) and adding more expansion content (heroes, quests, dungeons, blueprints, buildings, raids, etc).

In terms of general player experience, our goal is to provide absolute transparency on both a corporate and product(s) level moving forward, significantly improve our communication and support with our community, support more content creation and community driven events, build a larger group of Shop Heroes ambassadors to better serve as coherent voices with direct communication to our internal team to represent all of you, and lastly to create/produce a ton of prizing to give away to all of you for being awesome and continuously supporting us, despite some of the recent hiccups on our end. I hope this will be able to address some of the concerns you shared regarding the state of Shop Heroes and where we are at with the product internally. Darkis will be driving a lot of these initiatives along with the rest of our player support team and would certainly appreciate the support from some of you vets in making all of this happen relatively quickly and flawlessly.

Kim!
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:37 am

Can we please get some clarification on this?

Hero Rest Time Modifications: April
Fusion Time Modifications: April

We've been asking for over a month now with no answer, I had assumed this would move in a positive direction but the lack of answers is causing a lot of us to worry. If it's a buff we'll be excited, but if this is a nerf that could negatively effect existing gear skills or team builds we would really appreciate a heads up before months of planning and hard work are potentially messed up :(

internetz
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby internetz » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:29 pm

Cloudcade wrote:Our goal across 2016 and into early 2017 is to release several key features in which are geared towards increased social interactivity, additional opt-in competitive elements, time limited live ops/events, improved UI and user experience (usability features such as preset hero parties for quests), improving on existing features (daily quests, roulette, fusion, raid, arena and special order quests) and adding more expansion content (heroes, quests, dungeons, blueprints, buildings, raids, etc).

yes please :)

and I'm assuming you meant 2017 and into early 2018 (how the time does fly)

Lionstar
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Lionstar » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:40 pm

Cloudcade wrote: The adjustments were all made with the intent to re-balance and pace the early gameplay to reflect today's economic and growth curve in Shop Heroes, in which you guys have slowly shaped across 2016. These changes were not designed to punish existing players as some may have interpreted but to rather to allow new players to emerge into the game as quickly as possible.

First of all, thank you for taking the time to write all that up and give us a heads up about what is going to happen in the future. Very much appreciated.

Unfortunately I can't agree with what is being said in the paragraph above and I believe CM Darkis as a F2P player will be soon able to confirm with you that the effects of the "re-balancing" caused the contrary of the intention.

One thing is a challenge the game provides because of its mechanics the other one is artificially created restrictions which are slowing or hindering your progress. There is a HUGE difference between challenging yet enjoyable game and the monstrosity which we are dealing with at the moment.

Unfortunately these changes are no fun for anyone and fun and sense of accomplishment is the reason why we all play games at all.

With all due respect you might thing guys that you are doing this for the good of the early game and the new players but the truth is that I would never be able to start over and go thru the game again in the state as it is now. I'm afraid that the perspective of the team in this matter has a wrong angle.

What I have to say is coming from a player who has pretty much everything the game has to offer including all the packs and who managed to explore all the aspects of the game and still very much enjoys it.

The game used to be so enjoyable and it rewarded players for their hard work. We could trade freely, we could afford to open chests, we could progress... now I pity anyone starting the game unless they want to spend ungodly amounts of cash to make the game worth while.

I can't stress out more the fact that I see so many of the new players struggle and eventually quit because they can't make any reasonable progress without sticks being thrown under their feet and restriction mechanics choking the life out of them.

I don't know what you guys are trying the new players to prevent from achieving (what you considering the end game) but getting the gold to have a large shop and bunch of workers is just the beginning of the journey! Majority of the player base have one ultimate goal all together. Get the BPs, master those which makes sense to master and enjoy the benefits of their skills. The rest of the game is "fluff", yes some of the people have other priorities (questing, arena, mastering etc.) than others but it doesn't change the fact that the core of the game is crafting.

And crafting can't be sped up so even though we see players with higher levels and piles of gold, still there is a myriad of things to do and that doesn't prevent them from enjoying the game any less! On the contrary you have people which are investing their time and money and they are getting something in return.

I wish more of you guys played your game and understood how much you changed the game at its core from truly enjoyable rewarding/crafting experience with free market to artificially controlled environment of constant struggle.

I truly believe that all the changes you made to auction house were in a good will. I completely understand the need to reduce the amount of gems in the game and make them more valuable compared to gold so the market is not controlled by the rich majority taking advantage of the rest.

But the drastic measures you took to control it didn't do any good to anyone. New players, to mid-game players or to us the old guard.

There were ways how to do it with much more subtle touch and still keep the core game intact and enjoyable for everyone.

I wish and hope the right people will have a look at this and understand the severity of the problem. I'm more than happy to discuss it in excruciating details with anyone willing to listen. (Suggestions and ways how to slowly, not dramatically fix the whole economical thing.)

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:30 am

Lionstar wrote:
Cloudcade wrote: The adjustments were all made with the intent to re-balance and pace the early gameplay to reflect today's economic and growth curve in Shop Heroes, in which you guys have slowly shaped across 2016. These changes were not designed to punish existing players as some may have interpreted but to rather to allow new players to emerge into the game as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately I can't agree with what is being said in the paragraph above and I believe CM Darkis as a F2P player will be soon able to confirm with you that the effects of the "re-balancing" caused the contrary of the intention.

One thing is a challenge the game provides because of its mechanics the other one is artificially created restrictions which are slowing or hindering your progress. There is a HUGE difference between challenging yet enjoyable game and the monstrosity which we are dealing with at the moment.

Well, it depends on what "emerge into the game" means. I think the key flipping was turning the game from a slow-ish progression forward while easing into skilled teams, into rushing forward in gold/networth by burning keys/gems and then hitting a point where their progress stalls because of lack of blueprints etc. So early-mid game is now more opened chests, lowered levels and costs on early crafting and worker slots, higher cost on trading slots and the last few slots of the other types.
So the players kind of nudged the early/mid game towards something like building up creditcard debt to buy stuff now, now, now and being stuck with the mess later.

With all due respect you might thing guys that you are doing this for the good of the early game and the new players but the truth is that I would never be able to start over and go thru the game again in the state as it is now. I'm afraid that the perspective of the team in this matter has a wrong angle.

Then you would probably have ditched the game within days if you started play in 2015. Back then early progress was still much harder than it is now.

We could trade freely, we could afford to open chests,

Open at what rate? I'm a slow gem farmer, so am probably at 1 golden chest and 2-3 dwarvish chests/week. If I could get my tablet in a state it could run SH again for the video gems, I could probably up that by 1 dwarvish chest. If you mean 10+ such chests per week, that kind of was only possible from the pyramid scheme of nudging early players to give their gems to late game players and relying on the number of newbies to grow faster than the number of late game players. I still hope they'll add some way to turn gold into blueprint progress without abusing newbies now that they've mostly shut off the newbies' means to "donate" their gems to late game players.

I can't stress out more the fact that I see so many of the new players struggle and eventually quit because they can't make any reasonable progress without sticks being thrown under their feet and restriction mechanics choking the life out of them.

With cheaper/earlier buildup of their workers and crafting slots and quest artifacts still as a decent source of gold for newer players, my guess is they're still progressing at least twice as fast as around global launch.

Majority of the player base have one ultimate goal all together. Get the BPs, master those which makes sense to master and enjoy the benefits of their skills. The rest of the game is "fluff", yes some of the people have other priorities (questing, arena, mastering etc.) than others but it doesn't change the fact that the core of the game is crafting.

And crafting can't be sped up so even though we see players with higher levels and piles of gold, still there is a myriad of things to do and that doesn't prevent them from enjoying the game any less! On the contrary you have people which are investing their time and money and they are getting something in return.

Well, crafting can be sped up by first boosting the related worker buildings/boosting the resource buildings if you can't fill all craft slots.
Unfortunately many newbies join a too high city too soon, where T3 workers + _no_ boosts actually means slower crafting than the T1/T2 workers + boosts of a solo/newbie city, taking at least a few weeks for T3 worker points to make up that difference. (Yes, I've experienced that on my authorised alt.)
And I agree that crafting [right skill] items is the core part of the game, so personally I think the change to "keys" to make people use them earlier instead of flipping them is a good one; can't work on those skilled teams if you're not working on getting the blueprints...

I wish more of you guys played your game and understood how much you changed the game at its core from truly enjoyable rewarding/crafting experience with free market to artificially controlled environment of constant struggle.

5 minute "live server" break between every 1-2 hours of coding! ;)
But I think what you define as "enjoyable" was Cloudecade setting a course and then the playerbase pushing the ship at least 45 degrees off that course...
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

inVoh
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby inVoh » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:11 am

I'm actually for the change to keys/chests but I believe Wooden-Golden Chests/Keys should drop more and be more available overall. Their value in gold/gems reflects how rare they are relative to how fast newbies progress. Even with the raid rewards it still isn't enough.

I'm not for the min-max cap prices for gold on items on the auction house though. 10x is not nearly high enough considering the items when mastered are 1.5x value and then an extra 1.25x after surcharge and an extra 2x after impatient. This means items are worth 3.75x their base and then an extra 1.1 for tax puts it about 4.125. So an item selling on tradehouse needs to be between 4.1x-10x it's value to be worth selling for gold on trade. Normally the value is lower than that so it's better to sell to heroes or it is above that because it's a precraft for an in demand item.

Return to “General Discussion”