SH is in serious need of a revamp

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
PiecEMakeR_ZA

Re: SH is in serious need of a revamp

Postby PiecEMakeR_ZA » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:37 am

Kim! wrote:...Keeping the skills for most pack items at mythic is the only thing keeping the game from turning p2w. Skills like revive 2 and magic find are INCREDIBLY powerful, if it were easy to use them it'd create a big gap between f2p and p2w players. Personally I feel like if the requirement drops down to legendary then the skills should be lesser ones, like treasure hunter instead of magic find. It'll throw off the balance otherwise.

I don't mind skills being at mythical if crafting a mythical doesn't take me two weeks for a single item. And thats by ONLY grinding that item. As you know, there are lower level skills for lower level items, but these items are impossible to get because you have to spend tons and tons of gems on magic chests. This fact still does not take away the fact that a lvl40+ mythical takes too long to craft/fuse.

Kim! wrote:..I'm a slowpoke with team building so my favorite team isn't quite there yet power-wise (just shy of 700k total, they need 750k) but it's close. Most of that gear is legendary, some is very low level, and the only mythics are a turning token and moon boots...

How can you vote for keeping skills at mythical if you yourself only have two. Turning token and moon boots? Which are below level 30 items? Moon boots being a level 9 item. This whole thread is about above level 40 items taking too long to craft to mythic. Since the start of this thread I've been trying to explain why people are quitting and why the long-time players are getting frustrated. So let me say it again:

The grind for lvl40+ items to mythical quality takes too damn long. Shall I quote my math again?

TL/DR: If you haven't tried crafting a lvl40+ mythical you have no say about this grind.

PS: I dare anyone to craft an affection staff at mythical in two weeks. Without spending gems and TH help. I'm talking about grinding it like a normal sane person does.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:55 am

PiecEMakeR_ZA wrote:Since the start of this thread I've been trying to explain why people are quitting and why the long-time players are getting frustrated. So let me say it again:

The grind for lvl40+ items to mythical quality takes too damn long. Shall I quote my math again?

And the counter argument is that you don't need many mythicals for current content, so if it were quick, you would soon be "whee, I can AFK run primal horns without problem. What now? Craft some items to up raid artifacts farmed from 5000 to 5050?" Other than for PVP, I doubt you need more than 1 mythical per hero for current content. So make it easier and you'll have people quiting because of feeling they have "completed the game" instead of "mythicals are too hard".
So making mythicals much easier doesn't make too much sense until more content is added where more mythicals make sense.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Lionstar
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Lionstar » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:10 am

I love how on the internet everyone for the sake of an argument goes to absolute extremes of examples they are trying to prove.

You are both right and there has to be balance between a challenge and tedious non-sense grind.

At the moment we are getting items with mythical/skills at a rate which is not possible to keep up with rendering most of the content useless.

The game has to be optimized so people can catch up. Period.

Tomblade
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Tomblade » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:54 am

So the complaint is that adding in any new content that requires mythical is bad because it means unobtainable content, especially if said content is already paid. In short, there needs to be more non recipe content and content that makes getting myths a bit easier.

Problem is non recipe content does take time to make. We are already coming up on the 2 year mark for this game. The major update was Raids, then PVP, and that came out in 2015. So we know that there is supposed to be a major update coming, but we don't know what. I believe extra gold sinks(AKA, stuff to spend gold on) is next in the plan, but again, we don't know for sure and nothing's been promised.

I'm sure once the major content is released, players are still going to be dissatisfied. Just seems to be the nature of the game I guess.

Kim!
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:35 am

How can you vote for keeping skills at mythical if you yourself only have two. Turning token and moon boots? Which are below level 30 items? Moon boots being a level 9 item. This whole thread is about above level 40 items taking too long to craft to mythic.

You took that out of context, I was talking about one specific team (I have 4 groups) and my point is that you don't NEED a full set of level 40+ mythics on every hero. I also have a couple mythic gaia's essences, an elven bow, a pile of goddess tears, etc. and I'll be back to working on archangel gloves and additional elven bows soon.

My objection is only to the idea of dropping everything directly to legendary (or lowering the pack BPs only), since legendaries are maybe 6-7x easier to craft. In my eyes that's too much change too quickly. If all players get a reasonable fusion buff I'd be happy to see it change.

I'm sure once the major content is released, players are still going to be dissatisfied. Just seems to be the nature of the game I guess.

I'm not sure if they've ever made a change that everyone agrees with :P

PiecEMakeR_ZA

Postby PiecEMakeR_ZA » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:37 pm

I'm sorry if I took it out of context Kim, English is not my native language so I might have misunderstood you. I do however agree that the best of the best items should be difficult to get. I've just been trying to say it takes too long to get one of those items. I also feel cheated with the packages I've bought thus far because I bought them to fill a gap and it seems I'm going to be stuck with this gap for a very long time. All the other players that have quit thus far quit for that reason. The rest of us are all still playing and hoping that CC will balance the game before more quit.

If buffing the fusion timer and/or making the fuse to mythical 100% will fix this issue then I'm definitely all for it. Something must be done however, anything to bring change to the now stagnating game. Anything that will keep players more interested and happy because there's a lot of dread going around lately.

If I can change what I want, I'd change the following:

-Change Mythical Fusions to 100% Success Rate
-Cut Fusion Time in half at least
-Change death punishment for high-tier quests
-Make lvl 30-50 items that have abilities (albeit lower level abilities than the best-of-the-best) easier to get than to spend tons of gems hoping you would unlock them

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:24 pm

PiecEMakeR_ZA wrote:-Change Mythical Fusions to 100% Success Rate
-Cut Fusion Time in half at least
-Change death punishment for high-tier quests

Well, for most probably a big chunk of those high item level fuses are likely for the Revive items, so point 3 lessens the need for points 1 and 2 or 1 and 2 reduce need for point 3...
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

PiecEMakeR_ZA

Postby PiecEMakeR_ZA » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:43 am

Just a progress update on my Valk Grips. I've just mastered it today (a mere 50 crafts). First unlocked on the 16th of March. It has costed me 1743 boots to get here and a lot of pain and effort. I guess I will be locking up my cauldron for the next two months, fusing what I've crafted.

out of these 50 crafts, I've crafted:

5x Flawless
12x Greats
25x Goods
6x Commons

:cry:

EDIT: My mastery is currently 1400

Ronin
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Ronin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:29 pm

PiecEMakeR_ZA wrote:Just a progress update on my Valk Grips. I've just mastered it today (a mere 50 crafts). First unlocked on the 16th of March. It has costed me 1743 boots to get here and a lot of pain and effort. I guess I will be locking up my cauldron for the next two months, fusing what I've crafted.

out of these 50 crafts, I've crafted:

5x Flawless
12x Greats
25x Goods
6x Commons

:cry:

EDIT: My mastery is currently 1400

So just to summarize: the most difficult to master bp took you (someone at an early-midgame mastery value) 106* hours worth of resources to make the requisite number of precrafts.

If you have 4 fusion slots, you're looking at clearing (via CF or C2F and then 3F2E) about 9-10 epics over the next week and a half or so, granting you resourceful 2 on just about all of the heroes that would actually benefit from it.

*(80 iron x 1,743 boots / 1,320 hourly iron)

VeNoM0619
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby VeNoM0619 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:22 am

2 Major improvements that I would like to see (that take very little effort to implement):

Achievement stars being useful. Allowing us to use our achievements for permanent bonuses (as described by new furniture boosts earlier sound useful)
Really make these things desirable because this gives the added benefit of those garbage achievements ("Heal x times") burn gems as they originally desired.

"Exclusive" blueprints being available. Let's face it, not everyone is leaving because of the grind fest. They see a pay wall, and its obvious this game is just cash grabs. When over 25% of your blueprints are behind a pay wall, its very discouraging to start a game. Imagine playing Monopoly with 1/4th the board (with boardwalk etc.) being unavailable unless you spend $400+ to play.

There's support for the game, and then there is greed, what do you think this game is promoting the idea of?
I suggest some system to get the exclusive blueprints, either when you have unlocked ALL the chest blueprints, the fragment trader offers exclusives, or find some other system.

Return to “General Discussion”