Player of the Month Criticism

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Re: Player of the Month Criticism

Postby cc_Darkis » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:11 am

Sumolix wrote:
That's all great ideas and I hope you can do it.

PS: I know french votes would count, but many french people can't read English so they wouldn't even know what your event meant.

Indeed and hopefully those new Forum Masters, can help do the translations for us and others will be able to take part.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

akerson
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby akerson » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:00 pm

Sumolix wrote:PS: I know french votes would count, but many french people can't read English so they wouldn't even know what your event meant.

When's the "vote for international community managers" event coming? I vote for sumolix for his undying passion for the community, his relentless drive, and his ability to stick up for the little man even when they don't know what the big deal is.

(Can't say I didn't nominate you for something anymore sumolix)
"I believe the forum ban was deserved, as he has been out of line, and warned.

I believe a permanent game ban was out of line."

-Abqu

Abqu
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby Abqu » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:05 pm

akerson wrote:
Sumolix wrote:PS: I know french votes would count, but many french people can't read English so they wouldn't even know what your event meant.

When's the "vote for international community managers" event coming? I vote for sumolix for his undying passion for the community, his relentless drive, and his ability to stick up for the little man even when they don't know what the big deal is.

I heard he's learning German!

akerson

Postby akerson » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:07 pm

Abqu wrote:
akerson wrote:

I heard he's learning German!

Add that as a fourth reason then!
"I believe the forum ban was deserved, as he has been out of line, and warned.

I believe a permanent game ban was out of line."

-Abqu

Sumolix
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Sumolix » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:07 pm

There was once a man that said, "the limits of my world are the limits of my language"

So I try to widen my world by learning different languages.

Feone

Postby Feone » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:41 pm

It's not entirely fair to say it's mostly just US & Canada players, english is a commonly spoken language across much of the world nowadays.

That being said, since the game does offer other languages it's indeed a pitty that the forums don't. I do understand Cloudcades reluctance though, it's very hard to moderate a forum where you can't understand what is written and the contents of the forums do reflect back on Cloudcade.

amberfer

Postby amberfer » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:59 pm

Sumolix, you come across as quite bitter, even though people have given you solutions to your problem. There are international SH players who have contributed, and in order to honor them, you can ask Darkis for help - but you'd rather complain.

You also brag about bettering yourself (than we mouth-breathing, you assume, English-only speakers) by learning multiple languages, yet want to do any work to implement solutions. You'd rather finger point and accuse and complain.

When people do this, it doesn't make us want to help them find solutions. We don't take their "concerns" seriously. We laugh and dismiss them.

If you're serious about this, get off your high horse. Present the problem, not as a criticism, but as an awareness issue with a request for ideas and a willingness to work to implement them. I promise it'll go over much better!

amberfer

Postby amberfer » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:03 pm

Sumolix wrote:I would like to start this post by thanking all of you that nominated me as Player of the Month, but because no one did I will just complain and trash the event.

Awwww. That's what I do when I don't get nominated for something too.

Speadie
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Speadie » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:08 pm

Whenever I vist the other language chats, there are plenty of people who can talk to me in English.. most the time they tell me to get lost back to English chat... but still.. you cant cater for everyone.

Sumolix
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Sumolix » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:47 pm

Speadie wrote:Whenever I vist the other language chats, there are plenty of people who can talk to me in English.. most the time they tell me to get lost back to English chat... but still.. you cant cater for everyone.

You must be really bored..

Return to “General Discussion”