Packages and Your Thoughts!

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Speadie
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Packages and Your Thoughts!

Postby Speadie » Mon May 01, 2017 10:39 pm

Makes me laugh when I see people say they buy packs to "support the game". What a load of croc.

Prometheus
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Prometheus » Tue May 02, 2017 2:43 am

First of all, none of the LE packs BPs' skills are LVL50 or higher so fusion time is not that bad if you are in the late/end game and there are a lot of fusion tricks out there for fusing epics/legendaries quite fast. The fusion time gets drastically longer on LVL50 and above BPs.

Consider the price of LE packs which is only $15(compared to the other packs)so it's quite cheap obtaining an item, with accessible and typically easy precrafts, that has amazing skills like Magic Find/Revive 2/Detect Secrets. Unlocking those skills at legendary would be ridiculous and mythical qualities would become PARTIALLY pointless as common BP mythicals are useless for late/end game.

I can understand that Lorelei pack, Giant pack and Charles pack have legendary qualities items that are OP, but they are much more expensive than LE packs(Hero packs are x2.66 more expensive/Giant pack is x4 more expensive)

On the other hand, it would be a nice idea if fusion time gets decreased on LVL50 and above BPs.

ellymentalnz

Postby ellymentalnz » Tue May 02, 2017 5:30 am

Apologies as I am new to the forum and may have missed a point somewhere, but I would like to know what the plan will be for next years monthly packs?

I have only been playing for a few months so in order to play 'catch up' with the packs, I potentially have to buy last years pack at $14.99 and then 2 more monthly packs for this year at $14.99 every time. That makes it ridiculously expensive every month to keep on top of the packs.

Next year are you going to release 3 New Packs every time? Will I have to buy all three packs this year to get a cheap deal for next years Packs?

Why is the special offer of a combined 2-pack for $24.99 only for those who bought last years pack last year ? Why can't it apply to those who bought last years pack this year?

Are new players next year going to be stung with the ridiculous pricing and catch up issues? ie will they have to buy 5/6 packs every month at full price to obtain all the packs?

There are many gamers who are completionists and slightly OCD ( like me) - and like to complete the game/have all the goodies etc, I want to play Shop Hoarders ;-) so just picking or choosing one or two packs to buy is not my normal way of playing.... but you are forcing me now to have to make a choice as basically I am at a point where I have spent way too much money on packs, hoping there will be some common sense and an end in sight to the crazy catch up spending.

It didn't matter to me much what was in the packs when I bought the first few, as I knew nothing about the game, but to be honest the pack items are not adding much value to my game, its not like there is new added content or unique new quests/challenges to complete etc like in many other game packs to extend the gameplay. Most of the skill BPs are a lot higher level than me so not much use at the moment either
Everytime its the same combo - wall/floor decorations, outfits, Bps of varying value... how about adding some different items ? (I have enough crap wallpaper/flooring to last a lifetime)

Has anyone actually said they like the two pack approach ?

Hope its not too moany but when I saw the intial Cinco patch release notes from Darkis I thought YAY , finally just one new pack this month, but no.... same old same old.... I am frustrated as I love this game and dont want to be put off by ridiculous cost which is starting to happen.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Tue May 02, 2017 6:45 am

ellymentalnz wrote:Why is the special offer of a combined 2-pack for $24.99 only for those who bought last years pack last year ? Why can't it apply to those who bought last years pack this year?

Plenty of people actually thought that wasn't such a "special offer", since it blocked them from buying just one of the 2 new packs. (those who have last year's pack are only given the $24.99 option, not the individual $14.99 options.)
They really should have scrapped that and replaced it with something like a system of discounts based on how many of that season's packages you already own... (so first "may season" package $14.99, second "may season" package: $12.99, 3rd "may season" package: $11.99, 4th (in may 2018?): $10.99 etc.)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Feone
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Feone » Tue May 02, 2017 7:25 am

Prometheus wrote:First of all, none of the LE packs BPs' skills are LVL50 or higher so fusion time is not that bad if you are in the late/end game and there are a lot of fusion tricks out there for fusing epics/legendaries quite fast. The fusion time gets drastically longer on LVL50 and above BPs.

Consider the price of LE packs which is only $15(compared to the other packs)so it's quite cheap obtaining an item, with accessible and typically easy precrafts, that has amazing skills like Magic Find/Revive 2/Detect Secrets. Unlocking those skills at legendary would be ridiculous and mythical qualities would become PARTIALLY pointless as common BP mythicals are useless for late/end game.

I can understand that Lorelei pack, Giant pack and Charles pack have legendary qualities items that are OP, but they are much more expensive than LE packs(Hero packs are x2.66 more expensive/Giant pack is x4 more expensive)

On the other hand, it would be a nice idea if fusion time gets decreased on LVL50 and above BPs.

What a complete load of bs.

A lot of the pack items with skills (all the new ones) are 45+, which means they are about 75% of the way there as fusion time goes. If these were easy to get there'd be a lot more of them on sale. If you calculate all the various fusion times involved it takes about a month to fuse one from scratch, using all 4 fusion slots.

Your claim about easy precrafts is equally laughable, not to mention that these recipes are generally pretty useless for moneymaking so all other gameplay is put on hold as you grind to making these particular ones.

You also single out the 3 best skills non-standard packs have ever had, most of them aren't nearly that good.

Are you sure you're talking about this game and actually playing instead of using multiple accounts/bots? Because short of cheating I really don't see how making lv40+ mythics is easy.

omgabear
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby omgabear » Tue May 02, 2017 8:23 am

cc_Darkis wrote:Wanted to reach out and get a discussion going targeted at the offerings we do each month for packages and just how you guys feel about them overall.
Are they worthwhile to you and if not, what would make them better?

I used to buy all of them.
I haven't bought any in... a year?
I've fused 2 mythic tecapls, zero volcanic walkers, no gaia essences, ... well, let's be brief. There's about 12 receipes I've unlocked that I've got 0 useful quality ones of, let alone the 4+ to deck my team out.
I've been playing for a long time.

Yes, there are fusion tricks - which only the >0.1% of the playerbase that forum-goes and even then, of that... will use- , and yes, I can throw down tens of thousands of dollars to expedite my fuses, but get real. I have literally zero incentive to buy a pack at this time, and there's little you can do besides ruining what I've already spent money on (power creep!) to mandate I am on a spending treadmill.

How would I fix it?

I've previously suggested that all skills have a junior tier clone created. Semi-jokingly, Speed Runner would have Power Jogger, with tiers I, II, and III, perhaps 8%, 15%, and 24% as a for-example. All the junior tiers could be available at epic/legendary, and available in the middle of a pack's patterns. Detect Secrets -> Detect Clues - half of the members of the party will find one more item. Etc.

Eg.,

lvl 8 Dagger -> lvl 17 bracer -> 24 boots with power jogger II at epic, 32 sword -> 40 light hat -> 48 plate gloves with detect secrets at mythic

Just as a rough idea.

I'd also suggest that once a pack has been out for... 3 months?... the first three steps can be unlocked with gems. It gives a first-mover advantage to paying, but keeps a "content" drip in for less whale-y players, while not obliterating differentiation.

If you were really going crazy, I'd even suggest a way to fortify skilled mythics (gem sink) so that the skill can be used by players without the pattern.

Tomblade
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Tomblade » Tue May 02, 2017 9:03 am

I like the idea of replacing gold. Thing is, what could you give people that would not break the game for lower level players, while still being attractive for high level players? You could give bags, but either you have to give everybody the same bag level, or give a bag equal to their level. Problem is, that would discourage players from purchasing packs until later levels.

I like the idea of giving bp frags. How about instead of gold, it's like 10 bp frags, 3 free spins, 3 extra PVP tickets, and 3 bags. I mean the spins and PVP tickets are arguably less valuable than gold, but at the same time 3 spins will get you that gold anyway, with at least a chance for keys, gems, or items.

KraJee

Postby KraJee » Tue May 02, 2017 9:57 am

I struggle with the monthly "content" packs. It's not that I don't want them, think they're neat, or whatever. I actually always think they look cool, and I appreciate the little pets that reduce quest/craft time, etc.. I just don't know how to justify buying them. I'm still in the early stages of the game. I have all leather and wooden BPs + maybe 5 or 6 higher BPs (some useful, some not). Most of the monthly packs seem geared toward creating slot efficiency in teams. I'm not to the point where I can consider some vast array of options. Magic find and detect secrets are the skills I consider buying for, but I can't reasonably consider revive because there is no way I could get a revive team going right now. I won't buy the packs because I have no idea when they will be useful for me.

If the packs had lower quality skills along the way that created choices for me as a player, I would consider buying them. Where I am in the game, they just "look pretty", but they don't increase my ability in game anytime soon (or rather, there are other higher priority things for me to focus on). If the older packs were still around, I might go back and buy some to fill in "gaps" where I don't have BPs, though. As it stands, if it can't help me now, I don't buy it.

Kim!
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Tue May 02, 2017 10:08 am

You also single out the 3 best skills non-standard packs have ever had, most of them aren't nearly that good.

Looking at new packs only:

May: Magic Find/mythic, Revive 2/mythic
Easter: Magic Find/mythic, Revive 2/mythic
Heroic 2: Magic Find/mythic, Healer 2/leg
Palentine: Revive 2/mythic, Energetic 2/mythic
January: Leader 1/mythic, Aura of Protection/leg
Holiday: Healer 2/mythic, Detect Secrets/mythic
Thanksgiving: Healer 2/mythic, TH 2/mythic
Spoopy: Energetic 1/mythic, Revive 2/mythic

Sure, leader and energetic at mythic aren't particularly useful, but a majority of the new packs contain skills that are considered highly desirable. In the past 8 months of packs, 11 out of 16 have had magic find, detect secrets, revive 2, or healer 2. And Aura of Protection at legendary is pretty shiny too. He might have singled out the best skills, but those are the skills every month now.

Because short of cheating I really don't see how making lv40+ mythics is easy.

Perspective, most likely. I'm not at a point where I'd consider high level mythics easy, but I've reached a point where flawless precrafts are "sure, give me 10 minutes" rather than "this is impossible". After you've crafted worse items it makes the relatively easier ones look not-so-bad.

exoteror

Postby exoteror » Tue May 02, 2017 10:23 am

At the moment This game is asking too much for the packages on events. At the moment Each Event would cost me approx. £35 each time if I were to buy all 3 packages. The same cost as a AAA game each month.

I started off buying some but I am now refusing to pay such an extreme cost as I have better things I can buy. Personally for my situation I would rather have the cost of all 3 packages for around £15-£20. This is still high but I think more realistic in prices for the items you get. Which aren't really a *must* have.

I would love if cloudcade could test out a cheaper pricing structure to test if more money can be made from a larger number of small purchases than a smaller number of large purchases.

Return to “General Discussion”