Discord

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Kim!
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Discord

Postby Kim! » Wed May 03, 2017 10:48 am

All I want is that this information is posted publicly somewhere, not everyone has discord and it sucks that we're expected to create an account and log in to an external chat app for basic information. People keep telling us that you're doing a great job on discord but those of us in the game and on the forums aren't getting the same access.

Things like:
- Double XP event coming soon
- The rest of the patch notes (item skills are VERY important and people want to know before buying)
- Event start/end times
- Changes to event times

Should really be public information. Patch notes shouldn't need to be posted by speadie. I shouldn't need to pester citymates to find out what time an event ends, only to be told later in chat that it got extended without any official announcement and need to hunt down event times again. It's frustrating not having access, or needing to rely on citymates or public chat to pass along things that should be public. We should be able to check facebook or the forums or some other visible, official platform to confirm these things.

For the GM account in game I think the biggest complaints come from chatting through that account... but it would be nice to see it for announcements, ie one line statements with big news like "hey guys, double xp has been extended until 11am PST!", or "Finished patch notes are up on the forums".. things that make sense to players who see it on their screens, rather than replies to players in other world chats.

I know it's not intentional but it really does feel like favoritism right now :(

aks47u
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby aks47u » Wed May 03, 2017 11:03 am

cc_Darkis wrote:If I had my way, I could post things up via in game and that would be another way to get the word out on stuff as regardless of the channel, in game has all our audience.

The on startup announcement splash, really hope this is coming along with further [Game Master] chat improvements.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Wed May 03, 2017 11:04 am

Kim! wrote:All I want is that this information is posted publicly somewhere, not everyone has discord and it sucks that we're expected to create an account and log in to an external chat app for basic information. People keep telling us that you're doing a great job on discord but those of us in the game and on the forums aren't getting the same access.

Things like:
- Double XP event coming soon
- The rest of the patch notes (item skills are VERY important and people want to know before buying)
- Event start/end times
- Changes to event times

Should really be public information. Patch notes shouldn't need to be posted by speadie. I shouldn't need to pester citymates to find out what time an event ends, only to be told later in chat that it got extended without any official announcement and need to hunt down event times again. It's frustrating not having access, or needing to rely on citymates or public chat to pass along things that should be public. We should be able to check facebook or the forums or some other visible, official platform to confirm these things.

For the GM account in game I think the biggest complaints come from chatting through that account... but it would be nice to see it for announcements, ie one line statements with big news like "hey guys, double xp has been extended until 11am PST!", or "Finished patch notes are up on the forums".. things that make sense to players who see it on their screens, rather than replies to players in other world chats.

I know it's not intentional but it really does feel like favoritism right now :(

Event Times are typically shared on our Twitter and Facebook. I don't mind posting a thread for it!

As for exact time instead of the day, that's not posted any where. And again, in game folks had the heads up about XP event, then folks on Facebook and Discord being last in that regard.

I added on the XP event on my call and gave extra time as well, just to help out the newer players. It wasn't anything set in stone and was extra, trying to get some more fans on my side so to speak but that seems to have back fired a bit. :(

Again with the chat system, it's not ideal and needs work but I have to use what I have with that and not everyone is going to like it. Sorry!

For the package notes, it's been said just to tease them out and wait until in game for you guys to get all the details. That will be the case moving forward from now on and should avoid myself making a call to share thinking the update was about to go out.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Feone
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Feone » Wed May 03, 2017 11:13 am

cc_Darkis wrote:Event Times are typically shared on our Twitter and Facebook. I don't mind posting a thread for it!

Yes please, I'd definitely appreciate it, I'm not a fan of social media.

Speadie
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Speadie » Wed May 03, 2017 11:26 am

@Darkis you are saying the right things and stuff like adding double XP is doing the right things, its just felt by some players that its been done the wrong way and you should stick to official message boards for game information that people dont yet know. (leaks/reveals etc).

I did say I was going to upset a few people with this thread lol. In game announcements on the news screen would be awesome. One line messages like Kim suggested work well. No one should complain at being given information. Chatting away is where people get annoyed.

Personally its good to talk to a CM regularly.
In the interest of fairness its not fair for vital information to be released in unofficial places.

Kind Regards

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Wed May 03, 2017 11:46 am

Speadie wrote:@Darkis you are saying the right things and stuff like adding double XP is doing the right things, its just felt by some players that its been done the wrong way and you should stick to official message boards for game information that people dont yet know. (leaks/reveals etc).

I did say I was going to upset a few people with this thread lol. In game announcements on the news screen would be awesome. One line messages like Kim suggested work well. No one should complain at being given information. Chatting away is where people get annoyed.

Personally its good to talk to a CM regularly.
In the interest of fairness its not fair for vital information to be released in unofficial places.

Kind Regards

I understand what folks are driving at and why some might feel wronged, but I'm going to use every channel for things of all sorts.

Sometimes something might get said that won't really be noted again by myself until I see a chance to do so. The forums are not some easy place to just start chatting as then everything gets buried, folks consider it just a place to spam and so forth.

Leaks are supposed to make the rumor mill go into over drive outside of the ''Official" channels, and should also be taken worth a grain of salt.

No one is getting some clear advantage for things being said and I doubt any of it so far should be deemed 'Vital'.

For chat, until it's fixed, folks are going to hate me sorry!
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

bloop
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby bloop » Wed May 03, 2017 12:25 pm

thanks for defending the elite darkis, we appreciate it

VeNoM0619
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby VeNoM0619 » Wed May 03, 2017 12:33 pm

ImageImage

Last edited by VeNoM0619 on Wed May 03, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kim!
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Wed May 03, 2017 12:35 pm

Sometimes something might get said that won't really be noted again by myself until I see a chance to do so. The forums are not some easy place to just start chatting as then everything gets buried, folks consider it just a place to spam and so forth.

Would it be possible to put a locked thread called "small announcements" somewhere maybe and write social media level announcements (event coming soon/dates/times, voting for the next event is up on fb, downtime/server has a tunmy ache, etc) there as single posts? Then it'd be less spammy than individual threads but still more chances for us to see it.

As for exact time instead of the day, that's not posted any where. And again, in game folks had the heads up about XP event, then folks on Facebook and Discord being last in that regard.

Multiple people from discord confirmed that the event would end around midnight PST (and that it was later extended to a full 24h event/ending around 11am PST). On the Facebook announcement there were multiple comments asking how long it would run and I didn't see any official responses there. I'm not a fan of Facebook either but at least we can see that one without logging in, having it discord only makes it harder to figure out and makes the info feel exclusive.

Leaks are supposed to make the rumor mill go into over drive outside of the ''Official" channels, and should also be taken worth a grain of salt.

No one is getting some clear advantage for things being said and I doubt any of it so far should be deemed 'Vital'.

There's a difference between leaks and patch notes... once it's confirmed information it's helpful to have it on more official channels. Some rumors are also helpful to know ahead of time, like people saved up gems when we heard new BPs or walls/floors were coming, or save big items in inventory if an event may be coming. I don't mind missing teasers and "we'll consider it someday" info but things that are in the game/packs is pretty vital to know. I don't buy packs myself but I'll gladly encourage others to or tell them what's in there and I can't do that if pack info/skills are secret. :(

I'm glad we're getting more info and thank you for sharing with us, I just wish more of it was visible to everyone.

bloop
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby bloop » Wed May 03, 2017 12:38 pm

i have made 0 decisions based on things darkis has said in discord, that says a lot, just ask abqu how much i speculate

Return to “General Discussion”