It's Time to PvP! Or is it? You Decide!

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
yingying
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: It's Time to PvP! Or is it? You Decide!

Postby yingying » Fri May 05, 2017 12:30 pm

cc_Darkis wrote:
Ashael wrote:Shop Heroes is not a PvP game. When I want PvP I use another game. Focus on what you're good at.
Some new features are deeply needed. Don't waste your time on PvP, develop new features for the shop.

We have a fair amount of features in the works that is aimed at everybody not just playing favs with one set of folks. :D

I'll be able to expand on that soon so don't worry too much about the PvP if your not interested in that aspect.

Based on the fact that there is no new game play feature introduced for months and that the roadmap timeline posted by Taddah has been missed, I can't help but feeling SH development team is under staffed. Why would the team decide to spend the already limited resources on an aspect not fit in general tone of SH (which is crafting and managing) and only enjoyed by a small percentage of player base is beyond me.

I don't care what you do with PvP, but whatever it is, please don't put any bp/shop item exclusively as PvP reward. I don't enjoy being forced to play PvP just to get those rewards.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Fri May 05, 2017 12:37 pm

yingying wrote:
cc_Darkis wrote:
Ashael wrote:Shop Heroes is not a PvP game. When I want PvP I use another game. Focus on what you're good at.
Some new features are deeply needed. Don't waste your time on PvP, develop new features for the shop.

We have a fair amount of features in the works that is aimed at everybody not just playing favs with one set of folks. :D

I'll be able to expand on that soon so don't worry too much about the PvP if your not interested in that aspect.

Based on the fact that there is no new game play feature introduced for months and that the roadmap timeline posted by Taddah has been missed, I can't help but feeling SH development team is under staffed. Why would the team decide to spend the already limited resources on an aspect not fit in general tone of SH (which is crafting and managing) and only enjoyed by a small percentage of player base is beyond me.

I don't care what you do with PvP, but whatever it is, please don't put any bp/shop item exclusively as PvP reward. I don't enjoy being forced to play PvP just to get those rewards.

I am sorry that things haven't worked out timeline wise and there was some staffing changes...so things did get pushed around, relooked at and even dropped. Change isn't easy.

But, we are getting back on track and this is just a small thing to be worked on compared to other stuff.

The things you'd like to see that are more to the 'Core Element' of Shop Heroes for you, are bigger undertakings that get worked alongside the stuff that is not, which helps keep a good flow of content going. long term.

Something you haven't had and is clearly seen across the board.

I'll have more to share in this regard soon for folks.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Dizzle
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Dizzle » Fri May 05, 2017 9:13 pm

Shiroe wrote:
Dizzle wrote:I like the idea of tournaments but I feel like tournaments need to have some sort of bracketing. I.E. so players other than the top 10 every single season, have a chance at winning. It wouldn't work very well being based around player level, because anyone could make a new account, stop leveling their shopkeeper and steamroll (Twinking).
I would suggest basing it off of total team power. Ex. My team is currently at 41.7k, 26.25k, 35.9k, 32k, and 32.3k approximately. Thats a total of about 168k power. If the brackets were divided in 10k increments (this would be way too many, but just for example) I would be at the high end of the 160k-170k bracket. If they were in 20k increments (I still think that's too many brackets) I would be near the middle in terms of power, of the 160k-180k bracket. If the brackets were 50k increments, I Would be near the bottom of 150k-200k. This would encourage me to find a way to drop 19k power so I could be competitive (similar to a boxer dropping weight so they don't get pummled by someone twice their size).

Hmm, do you mean checking power before each single fight? Otherwise many people would slot in the 2x 25 cap and 3x 30 cap heroes naked at the time the brackets are determined. Don't underestimate peoples' desire to get a free win over getting a challenge if the reward for the challenge isn't lightyears ahead of that of the free win... ;)
(Even with power brackets per fight, you'd likely end up with a situation where 2 naked sacrificial heroes and 3 heroes geared up to the upper cap of the bracket would be the most winnable setup. Sorry for always thinking about "how can we break/abuse that"... :P ;) )

Thinking about how to break it is incredibly valuable. If someone doesn't root out all of the abusive mechanics, they could end up going live and that would result in less fun. I would say for tournaments once you have your set team, it stays set for the duration of the tournament (assuming the bracket system was as I mentioned)

As for front loading all of your power into three heroes, that could easily be countered by dumping maximum power into one hero, and having 4 average heroes. The high power beats one of the three, and the average each beat a naked. Either way it doesnt fix the idea of having sacrificial lambs. That already exists in normal pvp anyway, though. Naked Theor strats. Either way, great input on the idea. Thank you :)

Maydae

Postby Maydae » Tue May 09, 2017 6:28 pm

Catarina wrote:NO PVP!

SHOP!

This... 100% this.

bloop
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby bloop » Wed May 10, 2017 12:52 am

Maydae wrote:
Catarina wrote:NO PVP!

SHOP!

This... 100% this.

DeityGod

Postby DeityGod » Thu May 11, 2017 11:30 pm

When you just want to get 10-win bag everyday as I do. You will click fight-play-next-fight-play-next etc. You can do nothing while heroes in fight, you just watching animation of battle and do nothing. Its extremely annoying waste of time. I don't want just sit watching the same animation and do nothing!

Please, make "Autobattle" button to just see the results of lose and wins for those who don't want to place individual team for each battle and just send one same team to every battle you see, as I do. Please-please-please!

Amifaon

Postby Amifaon » Sun May 14, 2017 1:42 am

Some of my thoughts about the arena. I apologize for the google translator.
1. Remove the opponent's change for gold. This will complicate the arena, will stimulate players to use and dress more heroes.
2. Add daily rewards, depending on the place in the league (gold, artifacts corresponding to rank, bags, gems for top).
3. Add, by analogy with the city raid, a city event, with awards depending on the crowns of the arena brought by all residents of the city. The duration of each such event is 1-2 weeks. The main reward for the event is a new blueprint / key for a new type of chest (about which below).
4. Increase the number of improvements in city buildings for the crown. Add T2 and T3 improvement.
5. Add the building of the arena to the city. The level of the building reduces the cooling between attempts in the arena, the buff gives a small increase in strength in the arena.
6. Items with arena skills. Skills with a small percentage of the response and a small percentage of the effect. Ways of obtaining recipes: city event from point 3; From a new type of chest; In paid packages (add arena skills to some blueprints without the skill in permanent packages, as well as in future temporary packages, without touching existing ones)
7. Change the principle of giving awards for victorie, instead of bags - a new type of chests. To remove the zeroing of the necessary number of victories, but to make this amount constant, increasing with each reward received by 1-2. Opening of the chests or keys obtained in the city event, or for 500-1000 gems

bowloftoast
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby bowloftoast » Sun May 14, 2017 8:48 am

DeityGod wrote:When you just want to get 10-win bag everyday as I do. You will click fight-play-next-fight-play-next etc. You can do nothing while heroes in fight, you just watching animation of battle and do nothing. Its extremely annoying waste of time. I don't want just sit watching the same animation and do nothing!

Please, make "Autobattle" button to just see the results of lose and wins for those who don't want to place individual team for each battle and just send one same team to every battle you see, as I do. Please-please-please!

There is already an option to skip fights by pressing the 'Skip Fight' button. It works anytime during the battle.

DeityGod

Postby DeityGod » Sat May 20, 2017 5:36 am

bowloftoast wrote:There is already an option to skip fights by pressing the 'Skip Fight' button. It works anytime during the battle.

You should press button to fight, then press button to skip, then press button to check fight result. And then you should repeat all af this 10+ times to get a bag.

I'm asking to make 1 button to do all af this! Not individual battle auto, but all batlles autofight in a raw.

bowloftoast
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby bowloftoast » Wed May 31, 2017 6:56 pm

So, just finished this season's pvp, and have a few comments:

After spending 90% of the season between 10th and 15th in the ranks, I got bumped down in the last 24 hours, ending up in 26th, and just out of the higher tier for gem rewards. This happened for pretty-much all of the reasons I mentioned in my previous post in this thread:
- There was a frenzy of gem spending for extra battles in the last 48 hours as players attempted to buy their way up the ranks
- My team was targeted by those using gold to skip battles to reach teams they knew they could beat
- I worked all day, was away, couldn't defend, so as they moved up, my team moved down

I saw a proliferation of players come into the higher ranks, out of nowhere, over the last 2 or 3 days. Some of them had been sandbagging, and had legitimately good teams they'd been waiting to spring (and kudos to them). Most were just winning by volume of battles and chicanery, which pretty much defeats the whole purpose of having a season in the first place.

If this is the way it's going to stay, I think PVP should just be turned into a 3 day contest every month to see who can throw the most gems into a giant hole, then reward the winners with a giant phallus for their shop. Since it's just a pay-to-win wank-fest, and not really what's it's supposed to be at all, eliminate the fighting part, eliminate the 'season' and call it what it is. 'Cloudcade's monthly 3-day greed-hole Circle-jerk', or whatever.

I guess the other option might be to reward players based on aggregate rank over the course of the whole month, regardless of where they finish on the last day, which would resolve all of this once and for all. Absurdly fair-minded, and unprofitable, I know, but it would at least provide some legitimacy to the Arena.

Return to “General Discussion”