Chests are absolute cancer.

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
internetz
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Chests are absolute cancer.

Postby internetz » Thu May 11, 2017 5:09 pm

When there is a person in a forum that has to be contrary in every thread they join, that person earns a reputation as a troll. I cant tell if the troll is actually trolling this time, but as they are still playing devil's advocate/ refuting the basis of the thread, I have to assume that they are simply trolling for reactions, and are not actually sincere in any of their posts.

Ronin
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Ronin » Thu May 11, 2017 5:29 pm

VeNoM0619 wrote:
bloop wrote:i could open more chests per day now with just ocarina and dwarf key flipping than i could with income generated from crafting/questing back when i was pushing for bps. you guys have it easy, you just don't intend to put in the time or effort.

Yea, I am opening "more chests per day" now as well... but here's the kicker: I am no longer spending on fusion/trade/crafting/quest slots. I am no longer spending that gold on other things. I am no longer crafting other things, just exclusively crafting Ocarinas... does that mean "it's easier?", no, it means the data is skewed.

You telling me that instant selling ocarinas to customers (which doesn't change), give you MORE gems now? When dwarf keys went from 1G for 500, to 2.5G for 500?
In what world does up = down?

Also to the Haze's earlier comment about him "not flipping keys", he just admitted it. So we can rule that out now.

I think bloop has deluded himself into thinking that because his gold income has gone up after unlocking ocarinas, that everything across the board is better (and yet, hes in every thread being toxic and complaining)

I think the key-word for bloop there was "could". Spamming Ocarinas all day would allow a current player to open a dwarven chest every day, which IMO wasn't quite as easily doable a year and a half ago. While I think bloop is incorrect that it's feasible to unlock all bps (est. 400k gems) in 6 months, his sentiment that it just takes "[play]time and effort" is fair, with many people overstating the calendar-time needed to progress in bps.

For example, the OP in this thread (sorry to pick on you) says that a year into playing he only gotten up to gold bps, of which he has 10. That reads to me that he isn't a) playing to maximize chest bp acquisition and/or b) doesn't spend all that much time playing.

To be clear, there isn't anything wrong with not wanting to spend oodles of time playing or having a playstyle with something other than chest bp acquisition as the objective, but it doesn't seem equitable to use that experience as a baseline to complain about the time it takes to acquire bps.

The bps he has presently unlocked would cost approximately 50-55k gems (understanding that there has been some key/chest price wobbling during the period) about half of which could have been supplied by free keys/gems from bulk orders and a years worth of city raid. Given that a reasonably active mid-late game player can pull in more than 500 gems/day, his progress could be reached in a much shorter amount of time.

inVoh
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby inVoh » Thu May 11, 2017 7:50 pm

I was actually ahead of the curve with Golden Keys. You could buy them for 100m, and I bought ALOT of them and sniped them too. Thankfully I'm done gold keys but the new generation has it ALOT harder than me. It's much rarer for a key to go up for 100m on tradehouse and you are practically forced to spend 225~ gems per key which equates close to 1G. There is a huge difference between 900m-1G and 100m(how much I paid for all my gold keys).

If I had to go through Gold Keys again, I would have quit MONTHS ago.

Aelfgeft
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Aelfgeft » Thu May 11, 2017 9:39 pm

Certain posters here are more cancerous than any game mechanic. Their attitudes are superficial arrogance because they tolerate long spans of tedious repetition and see that as some sort of achievement.

bloop
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby bloop » Thu May 11, 2017 9:50 pm

VeNoM0619 wrote:
bloop wrote:i could open more chests per day now with just ocarina and dwarf key flipping than i could with income generated from crafting/questing back when i was pushing for bps. you guys have it easy, you just don't intend to put in the time or effort.

Yea, I am opening "more chests per day" now as well... but here's the kicker: I am no longer spending on fusion/trade/crafting/quest slots. I am no longer spending that gold on other things. I am no longer crafting other things, just exclusively crafting Ocarinas... does that mean "it's easier?", no, it means the data is skewed.

You telling me that instant selling ocarinas to customers (which doesn't change), give you MORE gems now? When dwarf keys went from 1G for 500, to 2.5G for 500?
In what world does up = down?

Also to the Haze's earlier comment about him "not flipping keys", he just admitted it. So we can rule that out now.

I think bloop has deluded himself into thinking that because his gold income has gone up after unlocking ocarinas, that everything across the board is better (and yet, hes in every thread being toxic and complaining)

i think you're failing to understand something, i'm out. good luck with whatever hurdle you're trying to fabricate.

VeNoM0619
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby VeNoM0619 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:09 pm

bloop wrote:i think you're failing to understand something, i'm out. good luck with whatever hurdle you're trying to fabricate.

Care to clarify? "I'm out" as in... you quit this game?

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Fri May 12, 2017 2:34 am

VeNoM0619 wrote:Meanwhile gold income has technically gone down: I remember crafting plenty of items at 5x+ base price. Looking now, those items are selling at 1-2x base price. F2P's only option is azure boots(?)...

Weird... 95% of impatient orders I can't fulfill by buying from the tradehouse, since the item is at 2-3x impatient price, so even after surcharge it would be a big loss. Azure Boots is one of the few actually fillable for impatients, since its lack of precraft of course leads to easy (over)supply. (the same is true for Tears having lower tradehouse value than decent chest recipes of similar level)

I get you want to feel accomplished, and not take away your feeling of "victory", but let's just look at facts? I've been playing well over a year now, and I can certainly admit, for a new player it is definitely much harder to get gems.

Well, it was more like a curve... Free gem and key progress was slow, then bulk orders and raid got added, which sped it up a bit, then people set up the key flip pyramid, sharply speeding gem/key progress for those at the top, then the top of the pyramid started getting wider (and the bottom probably narrower) which started slowing gem/key progress for the now wider top, then Cloudcade added the key sell lockouts, which narrowed out the bottom of the key flip pyramid, slowing it down a bit further.

(I mostly missed out on the pyramid, since grinding a moneymaker blueprint 24/7 and using up to 6 upgraded trade slots for 6x 100 key requests isn't my style)

They even increased gem costs on things for some reason, which MMOs love doing for some reason, thinking it will make them more money, but really just sours the player base.

Too lazy to lookup my before and after slot rebalance comment, but IIRC it was a slight buff to 2 of the slot types and a big nerf to the trade slots, so not an across the board increase.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Fri May 12, 2017 2:51 am

Aelfgeft wrote:they tolerate long spans of tedious repetition and see that as some sort of achievement.

This game has from the start been kind of a grind game.
Grinding to unlock new craftline blueprints, grinding moneymaker blueprints to get gold for upgrades, to flip to gems to get chest blueprints etc.
The key flip pyramid and the large amounts of gold that newer players got from it by donating their keys away to it just put a smokescreen over the fact that this basically is a grind game.

If you ask people here the "Crafted" number on their most popular blueprint(s), you'll probably hear lots of "5000+". (mine is "only" 2446 on Goddess Tear)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

BigNasty
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby BigNasty » Fri May 12, 2017 10:50 am

Increase the rate at which 6 man teams get keys significantly. You create a reliable gold sink, don't have to mess with drop rates, and balance the economy out.

Imasock

Postby Imasock » Fri May 12, 2017 10:46 pm

The addition of new bulk orders was nice.

Until you realize that you don't get anything from the chests you might want to open with the keys. I have opened nothing but artifacts for every new bulk order chest I have opened.

I could have sold all the items for the bulk orders for more than what I got out of the chest. Since when is a game's rewards worse than what it takes to get said reward?

Return to “General Discussion”