Chests are absolute cancer.

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
xilr01

Re: Chests are absolute cancer.

Postby xilr01 » Sat May 13, 2017 5:52 am

Whatever comes out of a chest other than recipes should have a button next to it "Sell to Innkeeper for Fragments". The better the chest, the more fragments.

Maydae
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Maydae » Sat May 13, 2017 12:27 pm

xilr01 wrote:Whatever comes out of a chest other than recipes should have a button next to it "Sell to Innkeeper for Fragments". The better the chest, the more fragments.

This would be amazing!

Clusterone

Postby Clusterone » Sat May 13, 2017 6:03 pm

I can't stand the way chests are either. I think quest rewards should be taken out entirely. Or if they have to stay in, have them give a LOT more than they are already. About a year ago when this game was still on Kong only, the quest rewards were a little more relevant. But now when there are a ton of level 50 players and quest items are so much easier to get. They are irrelevant. Please change the way chests work, and keys. Because they are literally currency now. The gem price for each key is ABSURD. Gold key's are $2 a pop, while Dwarven keys are about $7 a pop. (Where as Primal keys are the same way since you just open chests with 750 gems. I'm not sure i've even heard of anyone getting primal key drops.)

Kim!
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Sat May 13, 2017 6:12 pm

(Where as Primal keys are the same way since you just open chests with 750 gems. I'm not sure i've even heard of anyone getting primal key drops.)

None of the quests drop primal, only way to get them is champ bags and the odds for keys from bags is ridiculously low (I've gotten 2 keys from bags ever). There's been a couple but they're very very rare. The new trade restrictions made them a bit silly anyways, you can only get like 800 gems or 5G gold from them... the novelty makes it worth more than that.

I'm also suspicious drop rates for keys from quests went down a bit 2 updates ago which was a little disappointing, though sightings were rare enough before that it's hard to confirm :(

internetz
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby internetz » Sat May 13, 2017 6:19 pm

Shiroe wrote:If you ask people here the "Crafted" number on their most popular blueprint(s), you'll probably hear lots of "5000+". (mine is "only" 2446 on Goddess Tear)

QFT

Clusterone

Postby Clusterone » Sat May 13, 2017 11:32 pm

internetz wrote:
Shiroe wrote:If you ask people here the "Crafted" number on their most popular blueprint(s), you'll probably hear lots of "5000+". (mine is "only" 2446 on Goddess Tear)

QFT

What in the paradise did you make so many of o.O

Kim!
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Sun May 14, 2017 10:06 am

Clusterone wrote:
If you ask people here the "Crafted" number on their most popular blueprint(s), you'll probably hear lots of "5000+". (mine is "only" 2446 on Goddess Tear)

QFT

What in the paradise did you make so many of o.O

Based on those numbers I'd guess it's a precraft, probably something like Nordic Lute (for ocarinas)

Imasock

Postby Imasock » Sun May 14, 2017 12:25 pm

Basically, it sounds like implementing a minimum number of fragments per chest is a readily agreed upon option.

Maybe include more than one item per chest? Maybe do a few fragments (variable), some artifacts, an item, and the occasional blueprint? Including fragments with every chest at least allows for a player to feel as if a "pity timer" is in play at all times, and a player will save up enough fragments to get a BP regardless of whether or not they actually get a BP from the chest itself, but that the chests are still providing a blueprint in some form.

Ronin
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Ronin » Mon May 15, 2017 9:37 am

Imasock wrote:Basically, it sounds like implementing a minimum number of fragments per chest is a readily agreed upon option.

Maybe include more than one item per chest? Maybe do a few fragments (variable), some artifacts, an item, and the occasional blueprint? Including fragments with every chest at least allows for a player to feel as if a "pity timer" is in play at all times, and a player will save up enough fragments to get a BP regardless of whether or not they actually get a BP from the chest itself, but that the chests are still providing a blueprint in some form.

Sounds great! If chests drop bp frags, I can get frags for 4-10 gems each (wood and leather chests) therefore reducing my expected cost of acquiring blueprints by like 80%.

/s (obviously)

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Mon May 15, 2017 10:35 am

Ronin wrote:
Imasock wrote:Basically, it sounds like implementing a minimum number of fragments per chest is a readily agreed upon option.

Sounds great! If chests drop bp frags, I can get frags for 4-10 gems each (wood and leather chests) therefore reducing my expected cost of acquiring blueprints by like 80%.

/s (obviously)

Could be fixable by no longer dropping fragments as soon as you have all of that chest's blueprints.
(players who haven't finished wooden/leather yet would probably make sure they don't use any fragments on those at the inn and take more keys out of the market to farm fragments from those chests though.)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Return to “General Discussion”