Darkis's "Around the Water Cooler'' Thread!

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
inVoh
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Darkis's "Around the Water Cooler'' Thread!

Postby inVoh » Sat May 13, 2017 6:50 am

The skills shouldn't be legendary. If all skills were legendary you wouldn't need any mythicals to complete content. Mythicals wouldn't be needed at all, since there is currently no content that requires teams decked out in mythical equipment.

Tkshowers

Postby Tkshowers » Sat May 13, 2017 7:10 am

Invoh you are ruining my forum game by stealing bloops thunder. No bloop rant, no points for me.

Kim!
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Sat May 13, 2017 9:49 am

4 major content promises, better rewards, and free cookies? Gonna go out on a limb here and assume this is the new roadmap/wishlist and not stuff to expect anytime in the next moth. :(

Anyway, hopefully I'm wrong, would love to see some new stuff ~

The skills shouldn't be legendary. If all skills were legendary you wouldn't need any mythicals to complete content. Mythicals wouldn't be needed at all, since there is currently no content that requires teams decked out in mythical equipment.

On a related note, dropping pack skills only to legendary would be a huge balance issue, especially if it was retroactive on something like the revive 2 BPs. Packs already give more/better slot options with awesome skills, making them 6-7x faster to craft on top of that would be crazy. And that gap wouldn't only be for f2p players, new paying players or ones who happened to skip a seasonal pack would be suffering too.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Sat May 13, 2017 1:47 pm

Kim! wrote:4 major content promises, better rewards, and free cookies? Gonna go out on a limb here and assume this is the new roadmap/wishlist and not stuff to expect anytime in the next moth. :(

Anyway, hopefully I'm wrong, would love to see some new stuff ~

On a related note, dropping pack skills only to legendary would be a huge balance issue, especially if it was retroactive on something like the revive 2 BPs. Packs already give more/better slot options with awesome skills, making them 6-7x faster to craft on top of that would be crazy. And that gap wouldn't only be for f2p players, new paying players or ones who happened to skip a seasonal pack would be suffering too.

That was on the sheet I posted, you have to really look hard thou!

Serious note, it is on the notes, we will see if it makes it through to the end. :D
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Wraith

Postby Wraith » Sun May 14, 2017 5:45 am

cc_Darkis wrote:That was on the sheet I posted, you have to really look hard thou!

Serious note, it is on the notes, we will see if it makes it through to the end. :D

I hope I'm reading this right and skills at legendary are indeed coming, or at least are being seriously considered! Great news if that's the case! :D Again, I hope it will be retroactive and apply to old packages.

It will be fun customizing my heroes and setting up my teams :D

Clusterone

Postby Clusterone » Sun May 14, 2017 10:36 pm

Am I the only one to notice it says "next moths update!"??

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Mon May 15, 2017 1:22 am

Clusterone wrote:Am I the only one to notice it says "next moths update!"??

Hmm, yes it says
CC_Darkis wrote:So I wanted to start a monthly topic

So I guess this might be a monthly "vague descriptions of things we'd like to get in before the next patch freeze date [1] if we have the oposite of Murphy's Law" (everything that can go right will go right)

So likely a part of the lines of text will end up copy-pasted to next month's topic and hopefully some not, since they actually made it into the update.

[1] whenever an update is done, most of the time the next "freeze" date is likely only 2-3 weeks away and they've probably been working on the next update for about 2 weeks already.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Sillvestra
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Sillvestra » Mon May 15, 2017 5:26 am

I'm one of the people that moans about the difficulty of making Mythical gear but I wouldn't want the skills being dropped to Legendary.

I'd much rather have reductions in fusion times and 5x Legendary fusions giving 100% Mythical results...
Mayor of Elysìum (rank 191 Nw)
Lvl 51, 122.1G Nw, 451/559 BPs mastered.
All wood/leather/iron BPs.
17/36 Gold. 3/44 Primal.
0 Magic/Dwarven.

09-05-2017

Prometheus
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Prometheus » Mon May 15, 2017 4:49 pm

Please, no dropping the skill threshold of LE packs from Mythical to Legendary. Let F2P players still be a thing.

VeNoM0619
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby VeNoM0619 » Mon May 15, 2017 11:29 pm

I'm still 100% in favor of the suggestions posted in the suggestion request thread:
Keep mythical skills, but also make it multi-tiered.
IE:
Mythical = Detect Secrets
Legendary = Scavenger 3
Epic = Scavenger 2
Flawless = Scavenger 1

Immediate (small) benefits for lower grades, and still the same powerful reward for getting the higher grade item.

No nerfs for those who worked hard getting mythicals. ++For Veterans
Still a benefit for unlocking/mastering the recipe, and crafting something partially decent. ++For Beginners

Return to “General Discussion”