List of Twitch Live Streams & More! - WingDingDingo

Share strategies, experience and tips & tricks.
WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Re: List of Twitch Live Streams & More! - WingDingDingo

Postby WingDingo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:34 am

After seeing a slew of grumble-goblins regarding the December 2016 patch, I took it upon myself to stream a new account from scratch to see just how bad the patch actually is. I have reached shopkeeper level 25 so far, and I plan to keep going. Here are some key points of interest.

1.) Whether it is directly the December 2016 patch, or that patch with a series of other patches, you now recieve less free gems from naturally leveling up than you used to months ago. This is a decrease in a quantity of maybe 50 to 100 gems, and is fairly insignificant, given that you still gain some gems, and having any gems at all is very powerful. It is simply no longer an over-kill of gem power.

2.) Keys can still be Requested, but not purchased directly, or sold. Once you have opened sufficient chests, you can deal with the trade house exchange of that key type as normal. This is not difficult to do especially for new players who have access to fresh bulk orders. For everyone else, raid rewards will fill this criteria in a few weeks.

If you want to turn your gems into gold, there are, and have always been equivalant ratios (or more efficient ratios) of exchanges for Wooden and Leather Keys. The Iron Key exchange has been problematic for months, and the December 2016 patch only solidified that fact. Gold keys and up may hypothetically be different, but are going to have little to no real-life changes.

3.) There are plenty of items being posted, and subsequently being sold when posted at the new minimum price, instead of (lower) to 2 gold. Even for lower-level, speed-running, this doesn't change low level gameplay, and I'm extrapolating that it isn't going to change gameplay at any point.

Aritifacts remain the strongest, fastest source of income for low level players. The artifact minimum prices have had no impact at low levels. I have predicted this will be a issue for level 30 to 45 level players, but I am thinking now that this will only effect existing players, and new players won't know anything any different. I have been doing Wyvern Wings since about level 23, and I am way over-powered for the item component requirements of my items, generating millions of gold per hour from the excess of efficiency.

4.) The benefits of being able to play solo at low levels for cheap building boosts are so overwhelmingly powerful that if there are problems with multi-account abuse, your best solution is to force players into a city with other players at level 10, and prevent them from being able to leave until they reach level 30 or higher.

5.) Slot unlocks are at much, much lower levels, making progression much easier and overall less frustrating for getting enough workers, craft slots, quest slots, and the like.

6.) I don't know why some of these changes were made. For any reason I can think of, I have been able to circumvent any obstacles brought on my the patch (and I don't mean the trade house pricing exlpoit). If I can do it, anyone can.

The rich get richer. There are no detrimental changes at lower levels. Everyone in between is inconvenienced. (Shrugs)

inVoh
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby inVoh » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:34 am

Pretty much confirms what everyones sentiments on the patch are so far. High levels in my town can't even give away their resources for free. We are all stuck at 720/720 on high end resources and have no real means of getting rid of them in a timely manner worth our trade slots. Image

Meanwhile if I want to buy Iron Wood. I have to wait 2-3 hours for my request to fill.

My guess is Cloudcade were able to only implement about 80% of what their target was for the Christmas patch and our complaining rushed the patch out. This is why things like the minimum price made it in last minute without adequate testing. I suspect no one was thinking of artifact base prices for T3/T4 artifacts before implementing. Also this is probably why they weren't able to correctly populate the items Champion bags should reward.

The biggest change to the game were the new inn quests that allow us to get shards/horns. This opened up a whole slew of recipes for profit making that wasn't possible before like Draconic Tea while making sought after items like Archangel Gloves an obtainable goal for more players.

I like this from a crafting standpoint because items like DT(Draconic Tea) reward a player for actively playing and managing their resources. The craft itself is half the time of Ocarina but is double the output.

The sad truth is you are at a severe disadvantage starting now. Imagine having the gold output of Goddess Tear a year ago. You could buy Gold Keys for 80-100m back then. Now they are equivalent to 400m. New players have to earn 4x more gold than 1 year ago to keep pace with players back then.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:50 am

Starting to get pretty off-topic; maybe needs to be split off into its own topic?

inVoh wrote:The sad truth is you are at a severe disadvantage starting now. Imagine having the gold output of Goddess Tear a year ago. You could buy Gold Keys for 80-100m back then. Now they are equivalent to 400m. New players have to earn 4x more gold than 1 year ago to keep pace with players back then.

You probably cherrypicked the one time that best fits your arguement... ;)
I think at that time bulk orders were in place, raid was in place and new questing in place (not sure about bags), while gem:gold hadn't inflated nearly as far as it's now, so high key supply while few keys yet had capped gold prices.
(I could cherry-pick a time where completing leather chest blueprints could take about 10K gems... ;) )
And I really think that before the december patch getting keys/gems to open chests was starting to become a level 40+ thing and nearly everyone below that was converting to gold. (instant gratification at the expense of long term (skills) investment)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

inVoh
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby inVoh » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:11 am

Shiroe wrote:Starting to get pretty off-topic; maybe needs to be split off into its own topic?

inVoh wrote:The sad truth is you are at a severe disadvantage starting now. Imagine having the gold output of Goddess Tear a year ago. You could buy Gold Keys for 80-100m back then. Now they are equivalent to 400m. New players have to earn 4x more gold than 1 year ago to keep pace with players back then.

You probably cherrypicked the one time that best fits your arguement... ;)
I think at that time bulk orders were in place, raid was in place and new questing in place (not sure about bags), while gem:gold hadn't inflated nearly as far as it's now, so high key supply while few keys yet had capped gold prices.
(I could cherry-pick a time where completing leather chest blueprints could take about 10K gems... ;) )
And I really think that before the december patch getting keys/gems to open chests was starting to become a level 40+ thing and nearly everyone below that was converting to gold. (instant gratification at the expense of long term (skills) investment)

Umm, not really. You could pick any 1 year span and easily argue newbies have it harder changing gears from selling keys to buying them. You are literally just reinforcing my point by verifying with me that it is indeed harder now to switch. Partly due to the fact more players are at that stage and less newbies wanting to convert their keys into gold.

If I were starting now I would have a blast playing the game with the income I was getting from selling artifacts and keys. However at some point I believe I would have quit because of the massive undertaking it would be to buy keys. I didn't have to accumulate 400m in networth to open Gold Chests, only 100m. It would take me 4x longer now to progress through keys as it had back then.

Everything but PvP was in the game at this time last year. There is no difference other than the fact that it is more expensive to buy keys across the board.

WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby WingDingo » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:53 am

I streamed a little bit after doing the write up. This is 100% on on topic. The stream and contents of the stream is literally the topic of this thread.

After 35 hours of playing among 11 sessions:
Shopkeeper level 25
Net worth 97.63M
City investments 47.49M
Workers 6
Heroes 15
Quest Slots 5
Craft Slots 6
Furniture Capacity 44
Wood Chests Opened 25 + (1 from Tutorial) [7 Blueprints {6 from chests + 1 from Fragments}]
Leather Chests Opened 24 [0 Blueprints]

It is *not* hard to open Wooden and Leather chests. I have participated in 0 raids, but have completed all bulk orders up to my available level. I am literally 1 chest opening away from being able to trade both Wooden and Leather Keys.

I had to pay 6 gems per Wooden key due to trading restrictions. I had to pay 10 gems per Leather key due to trading restrictions.

Iron Keys will be harder to get. The current highest bid is Fulfiller Gets 64 Gems, which translates to Buyer pays 86 Gems. I will have to pay 87 gems to jump in the front of the queue, or pay 86 to wait in line. This is a 14 gem savings, and a savings is a savings.

This is theoretically going to be 8.4x difficult to open chests. The difference is, as I level up, craft more, and unlock more, I have more options to fill requests that are worth gems.

At this level, there are trading options for buying items with Gems and filling requests to get Gold at rates of approximately 1 gem = 600000 Gold.

Return to “Strategy & Guides”