Maximizing mastery?

Share strategies, experience and tips & tricks.
MuFeR

Re: Maximizing mastery?

Postby MuFeR » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:03 am

Shiroe wrote:
MuFeR wrote:Would it be wise to maximize mastery when I have only 4 workers? It's taking ages to level up at this point because everything is crazy expensive to upgrade and auction house prices are multiple times higher than selling to NPCs so I see myself staying at 4 workers for a while.

I guess the "How To Gain Shopkeeper Levels Fast" strategy guide could be something useful for you to read through:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6726

It was insightful but the gold issue remains, atm I struggle to get enough gold for upgrades on the shop unless I sell everything on trade house which means ~0exp earned (selling few cheap items that i happen to come by and get some exp from buying gear), that guide suggests not only to sell to customers but to actually buy gear from the trade house which would only increase my gold problems. I was thinking if it's worth it to just maximize mastery even with so few workers and focus on crafting nordic lutes or something similar that seems to fetch a good price.

WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby WingDingo » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:59 pm

MuFeR wrote:It was insightful but the gold issue remains, atm I struggle to get enough gold for upgrades on the shop unless I sell everything on trade house which means ~0exp earned (selling few cheap items that i happen to come by and get some exp from buying gear), that guide suggests not only to sell to customers but to actually buy gear from the trade house which would only increase my gold problems. I was thinking if it's worth it to just maximize mastery even with so few workers and focus on crafting nordic lutes or something similar that seems to fetch a good price.
10 gold spent on something on the Trade House for 10 gold, and then sold to a customer for 10 gold leaves you with 10 gold. It doesn't not solve your experience and gold problem. It gives you literally infinite experience at 0 net gold spent. Spend 10. Sell for 10. Have 10. Get experience. Spend 10. Sell for 10. Have 10. Get experience. Repeat forever.

You can craft a level 16 Good Fire Band. Sell it for the Request value of 112.5K. It normally has a base price of 12.5K. For your efforts you can then go around and buy 112.5K items from your customers and sell those items to your customers. There are many items requested at maximum Gold or even for Gems. Or in your case Nordic Lutes.

Using the 10 gold example, your Fireband is worth 10 to customers and 90 on the Trade House. So instead of buying things for 10 gold, you can afford to buy things at double or triple price, at 20 or 30 gold since you've already gotten 9x the base price of something at 90 gold. So you are getting the experience of the 20 and 30 gold items (which is the purpose of the item lists with better experience per gold ratios), and you still retain 70 or 80 of the 90 gold (since you get some of the gold back spent on sales).

MuFeR

Postby MuFeR » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:40 pm

WingDingo wrote:10 gold spent on something on the Trade House for 10 gold, and then sold to a customer for 10 gold leaves you with 10 gold. It doesn't not solve your experience and gold problem. It gives you literally infinite experience at 0 net gold spent. Spend 10. Sell for 10. Have 10. Get experience. Spend 10. Sell for 10. Have 10. Get experience. Repeat forever.

Okay I watched some of your streams and while it's true for your level that is simply impossible at lower levels, at the very best I can get items that I buy for 10 gold and then sell for 5 gold and as I said this is the best case so most items would be buy:10-sell:2.

WingDingo wrote:You can craft a level 16 Good Fire Band. Sell it for the Request value of 112.5K. It normally has a base price of 12.5K. For your efforts you can then go around and buy 112.5K items from your customers and sell those items to your customers. There are many items requested at maximum Gold or even for Gems. Or in your case Nordic Lutes.

Using the 10 gold example, your Fireband is worth 10 to customers and 90 on the Trade House. So instead of buying things for 10 gold, you can afford to buy things at double or triple price, at 20 or 30 gold since you've already gotten 9x the base price of something at 90 gold. So you are getting the experience of the 20 and 30 gold items (which is the purpose of the item lists with better experience per gold ratios), and you still retain 70 or 80 of the 90 gold (since you get some of the gold back spent on sales).

Now this part is tricky, while you are correct that I still gain a profit is it really better to end up with 70gold+some exp instead of 90gold? Atm I feel like gold gain is much more important than leveling, I can't even buy the next shop upgrade that requires 50m which is really important as I can't even fit the last 3rd mana-jewel bins so leveling up would just "unlock" more things I need to pay for to get. Actually I don't really have a problem with how leveling is, my point was that especially the items listed on that thread Shiroe linked me are mostly x10 the price so it's just a way to powerlevel if you have tons of gold which is not my case.

Back to the mastery subject, first of all I made a mistake and I'm at 5 workers not 4 (/facepalm), and since I really craft from few categories and already have t3 workers I decided to respec to mastery and noticed something weird, without any building bonuses active some skill numbers seem a bit off for example I got the 20base armorcafting from Master and 15 base armorcrafting from Seamstress but I got a total of 37 Armorcrafting? Similarly 15 base metalworking-->16, but the rest of the skills of the skills look right, what am I missing?

infiner
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby infiner » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:14 am

MuFeR wrote:Back to the mastery subject, first of all I made a mistake and I'm at 5 workers not 4 (/facepalm), and since I really craft from few categories and already have t3 workers I decided to respec to mastery and noticed something weird, without any building bonuses active some skill numbers seem a bit off for example I got the 20base armorcafting from Master and 15 base armorcrafting from Seamstress but I got a total of 37 Armorcrafting? Similarly 15 base metalworking-->16, but the rest of the skills of the skills look right, what am I missing?

Check if your Mayor have bought City upgrades related for that skills (5% increase to Metalworking and Armorcrafting in Forge upgrade)

WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby WingDingo » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:59 am

MuFeR wrote:
WingDingo wrote:10 gold spent on something on the Trade House for 10 gold, and then sold to a customer for 10 gold leaves you with 10 gold. It doesn't not solve your experience and gold problem. It gives you literally infinite experience at 0 net gold spent. Spend 10. Sell for 10. Have 10. Get experience. Spend 10. Sell for 10. Have 10. Get experience. Repeat forever.

Okay I watched some of your streams and while it's true for your level that is simply impossible at lower levels, at the very best I can get items that I buy for 10 gold and then sell for 5 gold and as I said this is the best case so most items would be buy:10-sell:2.

That just sounds like I'm going to have to go back and make another low level account today and stream it. I promise you it works. I promise you I am not just saying these things to frustrate you. I promise you I am trying to help you.

I don't know what level you are, but I'm guessing you're around level 20ish? I'll speed run to 20 from level 1 in about 80 minutes. Then I'll get into what you can do at level 20 to make tons of money.

MuFeR

Postby MuFeR » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:27 am

infiner wrote:Check if your Mayor have bought City upgrades related for that skills (5% increase to Metalworking and Armorcrafting in Forge upgrade)

Uhm yeah, I didn't even realize those existed (another /facepalm).

WingDingo wrote:That just sounds like I'm going to have to go back and make another low level account today and stream it. I promise you it works. I promise you I am not just saying these things to frustrate you. I promise you I am trying to help you.

I don't know what level you are, but I'm guessing you're around level 20ish? I'll speed run to 20 from level 1 in about 80 minutes. Then I'll get into what you can do at level 20 to make tons of money.

Yep I'm lvl 26, I'll try to catch your stream.

Endorhal

Postby Endorhal » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:41 pm

Hi there guys,

I know this thread has been burried for quite some time but since I have a question related to this topic and this thread offers some really helpfull insights I thought it would be dumb to create a new topic. So here it goes:

I created a spreadsheet to try and figure out how to distribute my workers skill points effectively. I want to be able to craft everything at a reasonable amount of time while not being super fast at any category in particular. Also I am not going to buy the giant or jack-of-all-trades pack which leaves me with the 6 T3 + 2 T2 workers. As you might see from the image I didn't manage to distribute it perfectly yet. I was hoping to find some neat math trick that could help me figure out the perfect way, but my skills are capped right there :)

Since I am counting on the +350 bonus from buffed buildings I think that 150 in every skill should be just fine to hit the 500 mark but i gues more can't hurt in case the buildings aren't buffed all the time.

Any advise from you guys what I could improve to get my mastery a little higher and/or distribute the skills more evenly?

Lionstar
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Lionstar » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:31 pm

Use this for your calculations. No need to re-inventing a wheel. = ]

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7374

It almost works. :?

Endorhal

Postby Endorhal » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:37 am

A good approach but still not exactly what I was looking for. I'm trying to create a tool that tells me where to put my skillpoints and not one that tells me, what the crafttime would be with the skillpoints I have set. But there's a lot of stuff that might help me improve my spreadsheet to solve my own problem :)

Lionstar
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Lionstar » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:18 pm

It actually tells you underneath where to invest and how your distribution could be done better...

Return to “Strategy & Guides”