Team Building 102 -- Efficient questing and raiding

Share strategies, experience and tips & tricks.
Mursilis
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:23 am

Re: Team Building 102 -- Efficient questing and raiding

Postby Mursilis » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:50 am

Shiroe wrote:Talking about non-package, no high chest setups, I wonder if now the artifacts needed for city raid blueprints will be less difficult to get, the more useful of the raid blueprints should be taken into consideration as a "stage 2" of efficient questing, since most likely most people will get those way before they get good magic/dwarvish/primal blueprints...

Unfortunately I could only find skills I personally see as useful on 4 of them :( :
Shards of Gaia:
Wind Piercer bow Gangster II (party equipment strength +15%)
Gaia's Flute music Amazon II (party +10% female survivability)
Archangel's Gloves bracers Revive II (but would likely only be viable together with revive items from magic and dwarvish chest)

Primal Horns:
Lycan Slayer bow Detect Secrets (party +1 minimum loot)

The Crush, Berserker, Shadowstep (x2), Mage Armor of the rest seem to be not too useful for an efficient team...


Yes this is likely the case (Though I don't agree with the wind piercer, circumstantial since it only is for rogues, and equip strength not total strength, also competitive slot with lycan slayer and ada x-bow (or even falcon eye (or other weapons))).

Additionally, while revive is indeed best used with 100% revive teams, gloves is famously void of useful skills (at least without heroic pack), so could still be a viable pick even if not 100% stacked right away. Myth is still a harsh restriction admitedly, but starting to work on it is never a bad thing since you will use it till end of time (unless revive is nerfed, which it should imo but that is a different discussion entirely)

Though this could all be different if there are useful bp's in new primal bps. exciting!

Alex5ch
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:31 am

Re: Team Building 102 -- Efficient questing and raiding

Postby Alex5ch » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:01 am

Finally got my first girls Group running with atleast enough support/energetic. Not sure what path i should choose next so maybe some one has an oppinion on it.

I (lvl 37) could completly focus on getting Balmungs so even Kurul/Edward groups could be usefull since i dont have plated tunic nor the Ring for Leader on Darthos/Kuro. But i guess getting a few Legendary (3 per group ~) would take alot of time esp since there would be no other 40 items i could mix to reduce fusion times.

I could improve that a little with clear the path to midas gloves and adventure shields/Magic beans. But this would probably take few months. (but i could save gems for 3./4. fusion slot.

Other option would be to put all my gems into iron keys and hope i get the plated tunic so i could start doing a second group with atleast the lower support items (noble plate). Have not checked yet if noble plate would be enough for 4 groups to have atleast 5+ support.

So i am currently a little lost what could be the more efficient way and maybe you guys can show me the "right" direction ;).

acespokket
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:26 pm

Re: Team Building 102 -- Efficient questing and raiding

Postby acespokket » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:14 am

Alex5ch wrote:(but i could save gems for 3./4. fusion slot.

This should be your first priority in spending gems!

Alex5ch wrote:So i am currently a little lost what could be the more efficient way and maybe you guys can show me the "right" direction ;).

Next thing to do would be a team of 6 brothers with Darthos as leader. Craft Balmungs as long as you don't have any other good BP to craft, you make money, level workers and get support for your teams.

User avatar
Abqu
"Epic" Mastery Member
Posts: 957
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:39 pm

Re: Team Building 102 -- Efficient questing and raiding

Postby Abqu » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:34 am

Until you get played tunic, you could use Edward and a smattering of Balmungs for your first guys team.

Part of the appeal and frustration of shop heroes is that there are, at any given moment, 3-10 reasonable goals/hurdles/targets. Fuse slots are very important, getting efficient teams running help in many areas, opening chests to make teams run better faster stronger, and so on. Our "work" is never over. I love it.

Haze
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:28 pm

Re: Team Building 102 -- Efficient questing and raiding

Postby Haze » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:07 am

First I would like to say thanks to all who have contributed to this great guide. I have been following it for some time and the game really changed for me one I had Abqu's Spice Girls + Darthos team running.

I have since been working to transition to Bob the Builders teams (his post is at the top of page 11 of this thread) and it's taking me awhile. I had to make some of the required items mythic to get the power I needed for raid and AE farming. I chose to go with his build because I have all the wood/leather/iron bp's + Ygg flute from gold chest. I have about 25% of the recipes from gold chests now.

Like many players I make and sell ocarinas to get gold and then request leather keys to sell for gems. I then used the gems to buy iron keys and then gold keys to open chests. Leather key requests now take a month+ to fill so I no longer have the same influx of gems I need to open chests. I only got to enjoy doing this for about a month before they changed the rules on key selling.

Which leads me to my question, to make another leap forward with my teams would you focus using gems to get magic keys instead of trying to get the rest of the gold bps? It's going to be very slow going either way, so thought that I should try and skip the next transitional build for an even better one.

There might be a few key gold bp's I need in the future, but I could use fragments to get to some of them. Once I finish gearing my teams to Bob the Builders setup I will try crafting/fusing items I can reliably sell on the market for gems. I don't expect to make new teams for months now based on how long it is going to take to get more chest bp's.

I could try stockpiling gold and then try and snipe magic keys when they go on sale for gold, but I hate watching the game trying to snipe the market.

Go for magic chests? Stick to getting gold bps? Thanks for your thoughts.

-Haze

Ronin
"Great" Mastery Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: Team Building 102 -- Efficient questing and raiding

Postby Ronin » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:59 am

Haze wrote:First I would like to say thanks to all who have contributed to this great guide. I have been following it for some time and the game really changed for me one I had Abqu's Spice Girls + Darthos team running.

I have since been working to transition to Bob the Builders teams (his post is at the top of page 11 of this thread) and it's taking me awhile. I had to make some of the required items mythic to get the power I needed for raid and AE farming. I chose to go with his build because I have all the wood/leather/iron bp's + Ygg flute from gold chest. I have about 25% of the recipes from gold chests now.

Like many players I make and sell ocarinas to get gold and then request leather keys to sell for gems. I then used the gems to buy iron keys and then gold keys to open chests. Leather key requests now take a month+ to fill so I no longer have the same influx of gems I need to open chests. I only got to enjoy doing this for about a month before they changed the rules on key selling.

Which leads me to my question, to make another leap forward with my teams would you focus using gems to get magic keys instead of trying to get the rest of the gold bps? It's going to be very slow going either way, so thought that I should try and skip the next transitional build for an even better one.

There might be a few key gold bp's I need in the future, but I could use fragments to get to some of them. Once I finish gearing my teams to Bob the Builders setup I will try crafting/fusing items I can reliably sell on the market for gems. I don't expect to make new teams for months now based on how long it is going to take to get more chest bp's.

I could try stockpiling gold and then try and snipe magic keys when they go on sale for gold, but I hate watching the game trying to snipe the market.

Go for magic chests? Stick to getting gold bps? Thanks for your thoughts.

-Haze


Generally, I'd say magic keys probably aren't your best option given the disparity of useful recipes.

Gold: 36 total, 15-17 useful (depending on how you feel about revive); so 40-45% are useful.
Magic: 58 total, 17-23 useful (depending on how you feel about revive): so 30%-40% are useful.

Since you've already unlocked 25% of gold bps though, it really depends on how many of the Healer, Resourceful, and Energetic bps you've already gotten.

User avatar
akerson
"Flawless" Mastery Member
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 11:41 am
Contact:

Re: Team Building 102 -- Efficient questing and raiding

Postby akerson » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:09 am

don't forget that most "good" magic recipes take gold recipes as pre-crafts
"I believe the forum ban was deserved, as he has been out of line, and warned.

I believe a permanent game ban was out of line."

-Abqu

Ronin
"Great" Mastery Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: Team Building 102 -- Efficient questing and raiding

Postby Ronin » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:53 am

akerson wrote:don't forget that most "good" magic recipes take gold recipes as pre-crafts


Of the 19 I counted (BIA, Amazon, TH, Scav, Energetic, SR, Leader, Support, Revive), only 3 (1 LDR, 1 Energetic, 1 Revive) have a gold bp as a pre-craft, 3 use iron bps (BIA, Support, 1 Revive), and the remaining 13 use flawless common bps.

And on those 5 that need gold bps, fusing up 60-70 mid-20s flawless isn't too tough if you have 4 slots.

Edit: Derped on my counts a bit, fixed numbers in bold.

Haze
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:28 pm

Re: Team Building 102 -- Efficient questing and raiding

Postby Haze » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:28 am

Ronin wrote:Gold: 36 total, 15-17 useful (depending on how you feel about revive); so 40-45% are useful.
Magic: 58 total, 17-23 useful (depending on how you feel about revive): so 30%-40% are useful.


Thanks for this. I will keep chipping away at getting gold keys then. I did some math and found I am missing 19 gold bps. Assuming a 10% chance for a bp when opening a chest, it will take 190 gold keys to get the rest. Gold key price is around 200 gems, so not counting the keys I get from the raid that's about 38000 gems and that isn't even taking into account the cost to obtain chests (though I could farm them...)

Then I will move on to magic keys. Going to be a very, very long road. The current set of gear I am crafting for my teams will likely last me for most of the year before I will be able to move on to a new set.

Thanks again for your input.

-Haze

User avatar
akerson
"Flawless" Mastery Member
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 11:41 am
Contact:

Re: Team Building 102 -- Efficient questing and raiding

Postby akerson » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:39 am

Ronin wrote:
akerson wrote:don't forget that most "good" magic recipes take gold recipes as pre-crafts


Of the 19 I counted (BIA, Amazon, TH, Scav, Energetic, SR, Leader, Support, Revive), only 3 (1 LDR, 1 Energetic, 1 Revive) have a gold bp as a pre-craft, 3 use iron bps (BIA, Support, 1 Revive), and the remaining 13 use flawless common bps.

And on those 5 that need gold bps, fusing up 60-70 mid-20s flawless isn't too tough if you have 4 slots.

Edit: Derped on my counts a bit, fixed numbers in bold.


Most of those are useless though honestly. The blueprints you actually care about until you do revive teams are:

Adamantium Helm (elir's barbuta, common bp)
Goddess' Tear (no procraft)
Megalixir (elixir precraft, gold chest)
Panacea (rejuv tea, gold chest)
Plasmic Robe (imperial mantle, common bp)
Royal Ring (crusader ring, gold chest)

So I'd make the argument that half of the useful BP's take gold chest precrafts. Sure none of the revive stuff does, but that's not important until you get a keeper of souls anyway. Gold, however, has a ton of useful stuff:

Singing Chakram
Prayer Ring
Oiled Leather
Elixir
Evil Seal
Rejuv Tea
Moon Voulge
Apoc
Phoenix Helmet

I just don't see a reason to get magic first unless you really value tear that high. You can do 4 fully energetic fully healer teams out of gold only -- magic chests are kind of "icing on the cake" for that.
"I believe the forum ban was deserved, as he has been out of line, and warned.

I believe a permanent game ban was out of line."

-Abqu


Return to “Strategy & Guides”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

©2015 Cloudcade, Inc. All Rights Reserved.