Team Building 102 -- Efficient questing and raiding

Share strategies, experience and tips & tricks.
Alex5ch

Re: Team Building 102 -- Efficient questing and raiding

Postby Alex5ch » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:08 am

so far i got 3 groups with 100% energetic 7+ support. One has even 95% healer

My 3. group can't do t3 so far (Gauvin/Edward/Mojian/Theor/Albert/Minh)

My 4. group has not the fitting BPs to make a 100% energetic group so i am currently not sure which way to go.

I was thinking about Magic Beans mythical for my Gauvin but i read that a Myth item will take like a month at such high lvl (still working towards the recipe) with 4 fusions slots and i have only 3 so far. The other option would be to farm as much money/gems to buy more keys for better suited BPs to make my 4. group. But with the drop in price from 4 to 3 gems for nordics (so 50% income loss - reverent price dumper :( -) but i kinda feel bored to farm gems after 3k for 3. slot.

i mean so far i can farm enough mats during week and carry our city through raids so i could spend a month for a myth brothers-in-arms-II but not sure if thats even worth it.

Maybe one of the older players has an opinnion on that.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:38 am

kobisjeruk wrote:
Shiroe wrote:Just wondering if there's still enough (team) power in there to run the high quests you want with the focus on Speedrunner over things like Amazon/Brothers-in-Arms?

As of now I don't quest higher than Uncharted Jungle (Ancient Essence). My weakest hero on the weakest team has 78k after boost and whatnot but the injury downtime is too much to risk it for the Tainted Grove and Primal Lair nodes and I have no use for the craft mats in the other 2 quest nodes. The 2 new quests dont make sense in the grand scheme of things, it widen the gap between players and pretty much force people to play a certain way that they might not be comfortable with but thats just my opinion as someone who are at the middle ground. I might do Tainted Grove but I wouldn't touch Primal Lair until I have 100% Revive team (or 2).

Hmm, I might have to study your setup a bit, since no items jump out immediately as power items, yet you are at 78K minumum, while I have some that have 62K-70K and/or low 70Ks in 3 of my teams. Maybe it's just the spread of hero powers...
I've only had 1 injury since december patch on my brotector team running shards, running about 2-3 times/day that quest from sunday late evening to wednesday late evening. They do have a Revive III and Revive I as hero skills, so 20% revive total though.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Retep
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Retep » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:10 pm

Just thought I'd share these theoretical F2P teams I worked out the other day. Obviously not that practical for like anyone with all the high level myths required and you could easily use much easier items (like adamantium helms in place of jagged crowns) if you were to actually try making this, but was just curious what was possible without pack items.

Teams are all 100% energetic, 100% revive, at least 5 support (and some resourceful/supplier). I tried to include as much detect secrets and treasure hunter as I could but it was really difficult lining them up and maintaining 100% revive and/or enough support and this is the best result I could come up with.

If anyone has an optimizations, suggestions, comments etc. I'd be curious to hear them.

Abqu
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby Abqu » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:57 am

Looks pretty great, Retep!

Make sure if you're using more than 2 or so DS in a team, those heros are carrying treasure hunter as well, because you may cap out on loot on some quests.

WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby WingDingo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:44 am

This is what I have been going for for the past few months. The design focus is to get as much Revive as possible (without Necro Staff or Archangel Gloves) with at least 24 Support (for 6 Support among 4 parties) and 100% Energetic. Then shift to a replacement item to use as few Archangel Gloves as possible. Best case, I only need 11 Archangel Gloves. Better case, I unlock Necro Staff and insert those into the build (wishful thinking).

Retep
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Retep » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:51 am

Abqu wrote:Looks pretty great, Retep!

Make sure if you're using more than 2 or so DS in a team, those heros are carrying treasure hunter as well, because you may cap out on loot on some quests.

Thanks, and ya I was having a lot of trouble fitting treasure hunter in there while maintaining 100% revive, but I figured on max quests you get 2-5 loot (or 6-10 for raid), so you could get 3 DS without TH without issue and I did manage to get it so that everyone on teams 6 and 8 (which both have 4 DS) have at least one TH, so the only team that has some "waste" is team 9

And thanks WingDingo for sharing that, will take a look. Love the colour coding :)

WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby WingDingo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:01 pm

I could have sworn up and down that we've known that 100% Free To Play, 100% revive teams are possible. Here is a configuration with 0% optimization put into this. This is just an example of how it is possible. This is in fact so horribly not optimized, I'm embarrassed to even share it.

This features 100% Energetic, 6 Support, and an overkill of 435% Revive among 4 parties.

Ronin
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Ronin » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:06 pm

WingDingo wrote:I could have sworn up and down that we've known that 100% Free To Play, 100% revive teams are possible. Here is a configuration with 0% optimization put into this. This is just an example of how it is possible. This is in fact so horribly not optimized, I'm embarrassed to even share it.

This features 100% Energetic, 6 Support, and an overkill of 435% Revive among 4 parties.

And just as a brief reminder, 6 support/team is also overkill

litari

Postby litari » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:29 pm

Ronin wrote:
WingDingo wrote:I could have sworn up and down that we've known that 100% Free To Play, 100% revive teams are possible. Here is a configuration with 0% optimization put into this. This is just an example of how it is possible. This is in fact so horribly not optimized, I'm embarrassed to even share it.

How is 6 support/team overkill? I'm usually aiminh for around 8 support per team (I do NOT want itembreaks. 1%chance is too risky for my taste)
In-game: litari#54358, First knife crafted: 22/03/16, City: Eolythes, Level: 56, NW: 194.7G, Items unlocked: 563, Packs owned: 2 (sig updated: 08/06/17)

Ronin
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Ronin » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:14 pm

litari wrote:
Ronin wrote:

How is 6 support/team overkill? I'm usually aiminh for around 8 support per team (I do NOT want itembreaks. 1%chance is too risky for my taste)

Assuming your entire team is kitted in 5% break-chance gear (max break-reate for leg items), 7 support and no other break-reduction skills leaves you with a break chance less than 1 in 100,000 so 8 support is "genade to kill an kitten" level of overkill. At 6 support, you're at less than a 0.5% chance of breaking a gear given those same "worst case" assumptions. An actual team though will have a substantial number of items with break chances under 5% (or even be unbreakable) and will have heroes with in-built (or gear-added) instances of resourceful, fastidious, and supplier to further reduce break-chances.

On most gear-optimized teams, you probably need no more than 4 supports and may even be able to get away with 3 supports.

Bob the builder's break-calculator is a phenomenal tool in this regard and should definitely be used for this type of planning purposes : http://sh.tstr.no/index.php

Return to “Strategy & Guides”