Fusion Cauldroning 101

Share strategies, experience and tips & tricks.
internetz
"Great" Mastery Member
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 1:22 pm

Re: Fusion Cauldroning 101

Postby internetz » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:55 pm

my copy will be updated as needed

www.tinyurl.com/hs-fuse

(yes HS, was being dyslexic when I made the shortlink)
;)

Joebeajetski
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:09 pm

Re: Fusion Cauldroning 101

Postby Joebeajetski » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:33 am

What's the most efficient way to upgrade high level goods and greats to flawless and epic. I'm looking to make a level 47 Epic and the items take forever to fuse so I'm trying to make the best of my fusion time and odds of getting better items.

I have no clue what to do with them or really any other goods and greats since no one really talks about them. The item in question has a ridiculous amount of precrafts so selling the or using them as upgrade fodder i don't plan on doing.

So what combos of goods, greats, and if needed junk F/E might I use?

Thanks!

All the previous information by the way is awesome. Finally grew a pair and fused my first mythical. Accepting losses as a statistical part of successful fusions really helped me get it. Thanks for all the great tips.

User avatar
Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member
Posts: 2495
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:05 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Fusion Cauldroning 101

Postby Shiroe » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:07 pm

Joebeajetski wrote:What's the most efficient way to upgrade high level goods and greats to flawless and epic. I'm looking to make a level 47 Epic and the items take forever to fuse so I'm trying to make the best of my fusion time and odds of getting better items.

I have no clue what to do with them or really any other goods and greats since no one really talks about them. The item in question has a ridiculous amount of precrafts so selling the or using them as upgrade fodder i don't plan on doing.

So what combos of goods, greats, and if needed junk F/E might I use?

Well, some people apparently like doing good+great of the same item (looks like 33.5% chance of flawless and 66.5% chance of getting a great back and takes half the fuse time of 3x great) .
Another option is to downconvert the good to common (depending on tradehouse prices of the two qualities, sell and buy or downconvert through city request (if you fill a request with a higher quality, the requester gets the requested quality instead of the quality used to fill the request with)) and do a common + fodder flawless fuse.

Of course if you have 2 other close level items in great that you are also working on getting higher quality, 3 different greats means about a third the fuse time of 3 the same greats.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Joebeajetski
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:09 pm

Re: Fusion Cauldroning 101

Postby Joebeajetski » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:33 pm

That's helpful. Thank you.

I just noticed that I did a CF fuse and the 3 predicted outcomes were all upgraded versions of the target C item. I ended up getting an Epic version of the F item. I have to assume that despite not showing it there is a tiny chance of that happening or other outcomes that just aren't show in the predictions.

Can anyone verify?

I ask this because I'm looking to fuse do a high level FFFFL fuse and it shows that the only possible outcomes are upgraded version of my F items I know the worst outcome is a Mythical but it would still be less valuable than what I'm looking to make.

User avatar
aks47u
"Great" Mastery Member
Posts: 246
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:17 am

Re: Fusion Cauldroning 101

Postby aks47u » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:14 pm

Joebeajetski wrote:I just noticed that I did a CF fuse and the 3 predicted outcomes were all upgraded versions of the target C item. I ended up getting an Epic version of the F item. I have to assume that despite not showing it there is a tiny chance of that happening or other outcomes that just aren't show in the predictions.

Can anyone verify?

Add up the odds of the 3 results you can see, it's not 100%. The top 3 most likely results are the only ones shown. With the best possible result also being shown underneath.

User avatar
Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member
Posts: 2495
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:05 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Fusion Cauldroning 101

Postby Shiroe » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:12 pm

Yep, if you want to see all the possible results, input your fusion at the spreadsheet linked by internetz or at http://www.tstr.no/sh/fusion.php
(though the latter hasn't been updated with all the latest items, but you can just substitute another same-level item if needed and get the same percentages and times)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Joebeajetski
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:09 pm

Re: Fusion Cauldroning 101

Postby Joebeajetski » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:46 pm

I'm finding that with the new item that boosts fusion causes the %s to add to over 100. The calculator was good. It showed that the chance of the item I put into it can still be ever so slight. I guess when that happened to me I was that 0.3%. Good to kno so I don't risk high level gear even if the chance is that low for it to go poof.

User avatar
Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member
Posts: 2495
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:05 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Fusion Cauldroning 101

Postby Shiroe » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:57 am

Joebeajetski wrote:I'm finding that with the new item that boosts fusion causes the %s to add to over 100. The calculator was good. It showed that the chance of the item I put into it can still be ever so slight. I guess when that happened to me I was that 0.3%. Good to kno so I don't risk high level gear even if the chance is that low for it to go poof.

At viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8673 Darkis said adding to over 100% is just a visual bug, so until september patch the external calculators are probably actually more accurate on the percentages of getting the different items than the in-game display for those with the fusion decoration. ;)
(not sure if the calculators have adjusted their fuse success odds to allow for the fuse success decoration, but probably not, but because of the visual bug, I'm guessing neither did the in-game display yet? Does 2x great list 75% Success Rate and not 76% with the decoration?)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

internetz
"Great" Mastery Member
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 1:22 pm

Re: Fusion Cauldroning 101

Postby internetz » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:32 am

Shiroe wrote:
Joebeajetski wrote:I'm finding that with the new item that boosts fusion causes the %s to add to over 100. The calculator was good. It showed that the chance of the item I put into it can still be ever so slight. I guess when that happened to me I was that 0.3%. Good to kno so I don't risk high level gear even if the chance is that low for it to go poof.

At viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8673 Darkis said adding to over 100% is just a visual bug, so until september patch the external calculators are probably actually more accurate on the percentages of getting the different items than the in-game display for those with the fusion decoration. ;)
(not sure if the calculators have adjusted their fuse success odds to allow for the fuse success decoration, but probably not, but because of the visual bug, I'm guessing neither did the in-game display yet? Does 2x great list 75% Success Rate and not 76% with the decoration?)


I haven't incorporated fuse success yet, because with the visual bug, there's no way for me to confirm exactly what it is supposed to do.
I have made a spot where a user can enter a % time reduction, to accommodate for the fusion time reduction boost event and the pack fusion time furniture boost. :)


Return to “Strategy & Guides”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

©2015 Cloudcade, Inc. All Rights Reserved.