Fusion Cauldroning 101

Share strategies, experience and tips & tricks.
akerson
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Re: Fusion Cauldroning 101

Postby akerson » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:36 pm

You want stuff you dont want to be a higher level than the stuff you do want -- this decreases the chance you get it. So you can try and boost an epic to a legendary by feeding in 4 high level flawless fodder, or you can try and boost one of the flawless to legendary by feeding a higher level epic.

Edit: just try messing around with it in the calculator -- the numbers in the drop down are item levels so you can see how item level affects your fusion
"I believe the forum ban was deserved, as he has been out of line, and warned.

I believe a permanent game ban was out of line."

-Abqu

Sinny

Postby Sinny » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:55 am

Okay, there's something people have said, but I want to clarify.

If I fuse for instance EEE, I am not guaranteed a legendary. That is, the fuse can fail. I have always thought that meant I lost all 3 of my epics.

But I only lose 1, and the other 2 are returned to me? Am I reading that correctly?

Abqu
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby Abqu » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:05 am

Sinny wrote:Okay, there's something people have said, but I want to clarify.

If I fuse for instance EEE, I am not guaranteed a legendary. That is, the fuse can fail. I have always thought that meant I lost all 3 of my epics.

But I only lose 1, and the other 2 are returned to me? Am I reading that correctly?

Yes.

Kerberos9

Postby Kerberos9 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:41 am

Akerson &|| Abqu, can you break this shiz down on one of your next twitch feeds? I read it and I read it but it's like teflon on my brain.

I don't understand how you take on the considered loss or downgrade percentages. Is it just an acceptable loss percentage but overall you "win" the cauldron more than not so it far outweighs the loss? Maybe I'm still too young in my development to handle small losses?

edit: further edits, I'm starting to see the light through mid-pages of the posts here. A bit of refactoring and examples would be a great boon to late readers. Some great contributors all around. :)

akerson

Postby akerson » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:10 am

yeah can do :D abqu will probably beat me to it, but I'll definitely follow up if he doesn't. I need to make this post a bit more robust, as well as add the new items.... definitely on my list B) but thank you for the kind words!!!

-Abqu

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:37 am

Ugh, I need more mastery points to compensate for not enough FFFFE fuses "failing". ;) (AKA: not getting enough fodder for EEEEL fuses)
Cauldron/inventory really needs the tradehouse's quality filter to make looking for those scraps of flawless/epic/legendary fodder more easy. :(
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Kerberos9

Postby Kerberos9 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:01 pm

lht001300000 wrote:I recreated the tool for simulation, if you want to know how fast you can get mythical, you can try.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2onMkGJ-X43ZjdzaUdQdGRpeDg

This got lost in the pages and needs bumping as it really helped clarify fusion options, the odd spread, outcomes, and times. Pretty swift.

Sinny

Postby Sinny » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:34 pm

So I've been trying to use High level common and low level flawless, which gives me about a 50% chance of improving my high level common and about 50% of getting a low level epic. So now I'm collecting a few low level epics.

Are they worth trying to use somehow? I'm talking level 14-ish stuff.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:17 am

Sinny wrote:So I've been trying to use High level common and low level flawless, which gives me about a 50% chance of improving my high level common and about 50% of getting a low level epic. So now I'm collecting a few low level epics.

Plenty of skilled items near that range, so you can use them in 4x skilled flawless + fodder epic if you don't need the epic for a good chance of turning a skilled flawless into epic or legendary.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

akerson

Postby akerson » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:52 am

Sinny wrote:So I've been trying to use High level common and low level flawless, which gives me about a 50% chance of improving my high level common and about 50% of getting a low level epic. So now I'm collecting a few low level epics.

You're increasing your fusion time that way, and you're not buying any fusing time. I'd really comment doing CF fuses with the same item, unless that common is so tough to craft that you're looking to slingshot it into flawless/epic.

-Abqu

Return to “Strategy & Guides”