Fusion Cauldroning 101

Share strategies, experience and tips & tricks.
Alex5ch

Re: Fusion Cauldroning 101

Postby Alex5ch » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:59 am

First i wanna thank you all for so much information. I got alot moonstuff legs by doing CF and EEE fusions. For F i mixxed GB from 2 different (moonwalker/boots eg).

But now i am working on my second/third/fourth group and i thought best way to start is by get atleast 6 support (3midas gloves/balmungs). One CF takes over 5 hours and i am scared about fusing EEE later on.

So my question is if the way i had chosen for low level Legs is still the best for 40th legs.

PS: currently working on maxing my mana ... anyone experience if its usefull to put all my worker on the 7 needed jobs for Midas/Balmungs or will mana be even the bottleneck when i have all 3 Manas maxed?

akerson
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby akerson » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:38 am

I personally do EEEEL for all my higher fuses -- the fuse time is shorter and I can usually come up with 4 different epics I want upgraded.
"I believe the forum ban was deserved, as he has been out of line, and warned.

I believe a permanent game ban was out of line."

-Abqu

Iceknave

Postby Iceknave » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:23 pm

Okay, suppose I have this situation or something similar.

Assume I don't have any of these items in inventory (ie, I would need to craft everything from scratch).

Oiled Leather (level 28), want it to be Legendary (need 5 or 6)
Shielding Ward (level 27), want it to be Legendary (need 1 or 2)
Infantry Helmet (level 27) want it to be Mythical (need 1)
Shockers (level 32), want it to be Legendary (need 2 to 3)
Evil Seal (Level 26), want it to be Legendary (need 1 or 2)

What would be a good way to fuse the level of items that I want relying on mostly crafting to generate the pieces of gear?

Also, I have a lot of crap in my inventory that I don't use (a heavy mix of flawless and epic stuff, with some lower quality stuff at all sorts of different levels). What's a good rule of thumb to consider whether or not to dump something into a CF fusion vs dumping it on the tradehouse for however long it takes to sell?

Thanks!

akerson

Postby akerson » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:20 am

Iceknave wrote:Okay, suppose I have this situation or something similar.

Assume I don't have any of these items in inventory (ie, I would need to craft everything from scratch).

Oiled Leather (level 28), want it to be Legendary (need 5 or 6)
Shielding Ward (level 27), want it to be Legendary (need 1 or 2)
Infantry Helmet (level 27) want it to be Mythical (need 1)
Shockers (level 32), want it to be Legendary (need 2 to 3)
Evil Seal (Level 26), want it to be Legendary (need 1 or 2)

What would be a good way to fuse the level of items that I want relying on mostly crafting to generate the pieces of gear?

Also, I have a lot of crap in my inventory that I don't use (a heavy mix of flawless and epic stuff, with some lower quality stuff at all sorts of different levels). What's a good rule of thumb to consider whether or not to dump something into a CF fusion vs dumping it on the tradehouse for however long it takes to sell?

Thanks!

I personally recommend going CF on all of them to get epics, and EEEL to get the legendaries (with throwaway legendaries). Try and get an infantry helmet in every cauldron just for the mythic proc. If all you care about is mythical on that one, then every 3 legendary infantry helmets just throw in a cauldron.

The rest of the junk I normally just fuse into throwaway epics, and epics into throwaway legendaries for fusion fodder. You have to decide on your own whether or not it's worth putting up in the TH, there's no hard or fast rule.

-Abqu

Aygual

Postby Aygual » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:29 am

First of all, great guide !!! I was searching for fusion tips and what did I find ? That awesome guide. But I do not understand all :/

So, here are my questions :
1)in step 1, what are A and B ? How can I find/calc them ?

2)i do not fully understand NQL. You wrote "For the output item's quality, it looks for the closest quality of ingredient (going downwards only) and uses that ingredient's level.". What do you mean here ?

3)And lastly, how to find the item levels i should use ? You took the example of Ada Helms and goddess tear, but is that random or is there an optimisation i can find ? I mean, why not 2 common ada Helms and then let's say epic seeking kunai ?

4) you say "Use higher level higher quality inputs that are easy to craft to make legendaries out of lower level harder to craft items." And then in your example the highest quality item is goddess tear, which is obviously easier to craft, but is lower level...

P.S : i'm not english native, i learnt it at school, so my problems are language problems, i think i understand the math

P.P.S : please excuse me for Bad english

akerson

Postby akerson » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:10 pm

Aygual wrote:1)in step 1, what are A and B ? How can I find/calc them ?

They come from the table that's below

Aygual wrote:2)i do not fully understand NQL. You wrote "For the output item's quality, it looks for the closest quality of ingredient (going downwards only) and uses that ingredient's level.". What do you mean here ?

It looks for the highest quality of items being used to produce that result's item levels. If you are using a lv9 good and a lv11 great, NQL will use 11 as its' value.

Aygual wrote:3)And lastly, how to find the item levels i should use ? You took the example of Ada Helms and goddess tear, but is that random or is there an optimisation i can find ? I mean, why not 2 common ada Helms and then let's say epic seeking kunai ?

Higher level means longer fuse times and less chance to come out of the cauldron -- so ideally you're using same level ingredients or higher-quality-lower-level fuse parts to "boost" your fuse. If you fuse a lv30 and a lv50 you're a lot more likely to get an upgraded lv30 item -- when a "cheaper" fuse in terms of material cost would just be two lv30's.

Aygual wrote:4) you say "Use higher level higher quality inputs that are easy to craft to make legendaries out of lower level harder to craft items." And then in your example the highest quality item is goddess tear, which is obviously easier to craft, but is lower level...

Mistake on my part -- you almost always want to do lower level higher quality.

I recommend you check out the fuse calculators and just mess with them, they're a lot better to use than trying to do the formula work yourself.

-Abqu

Aygual

Postby Aygual » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:41 pm

Thanks a lot for your answer !!!
What I meant about A and B is, are they always the same ?
You wrote "for a knife that's A & B are just constants" but if that's NOT a knife, does it change anything ?
Again 1000x thanks for your answer !!!

akerson

Postby akerson » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:34 am

Aygual wrote:Thanks a lot for your answer !!!
What I meant about A and B is, are they always the same ?
You wrote "for a knife that's A & B are just constants" but if that's NOT a knife, does it change anything ?
Again 1000x thanks for your answer !!!

That sentence looks like it's missing a lot of words. A&B you just look up on a table based on the quality of the item, LVL is just the level of that item.

-Abqu

Trisk

Postby Trisk » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:10 am

played around with the fusion calculator and my own spreadsheets to see what was most time-efficient in the cauldron to make high level mythics.

Calcs were done based on lvl 49 items

Flawless => Epic
16 hrs for 5 different items. Using 2/3/4 items may use less items, but the time increase per fuse and the failed fusions that need to be re-done make fusing less than 5 items non-optimal.

Epics => Legendary
21 hours for 5 different items. Net 100 hours to fuse up Flawless => Leg.
3 different items uses less epics (net 4.22 epics vs 5 epics), but in terms of time, it'll take you 144 hours because of the need to do more fuses and each fuse takes longer.

Legendary => Mythic
33 hours for 4 different items. net 566 hours to fuse up Flawless => Mythic. expected to use 5 legendaries because of failures.
3 different items uses less legendaries (4.63), but higher # tries and higher fuse time (44 hrs) means you end up taking 580 hours for Flawless => Mythic.
5 different items takes shorter per fuse (26 hrs), but uses more legendaries (5.6), so net time for flawless => Mythic is 601 hrs.

Special consideration:
FFFFE: Adds 5 extra hours per fuse, 10.7% legendary chance. That 10.7% legendary chance is worth 11 hrs of fusing, so it's worth doing if you have spare epics.
EEEEL: Adds 5 extra hours per fuse, 4.3% mythic chance. That 4.3% legendary chance is worth 24 hours of fusing, so its definitely worth doing if you have spare legendaries.

For reference, if you're fusing only one item type, each Flawless->Epic fuse takes 79 hours. Each Epic->Legendary fuse takes 105 hours. Each Legendary-> Mythic fuse will take you 132 hours (5.5 days). Total time for Flawless=>Mythic is 3008 hours. If you mix and match 5 different items, you can make 5.3 mythics in the same time.

akerson

Postby akerson » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:53 pm

Hi guys!

This sheet will no longer be updated by me. It should last as long as Richard's sheet is updated. Hopefully someone picks it up in the future if it needs improvements.

<3 you all, thanks for being great

-Abqu

Return to “Strategy & Guides”