question regarding gear skills

Share strategies, experience and tips & tricks.
KoalaKingHuggies

question regarding gear skills

Postby KoalaKingHuggies » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:04 pm

Which mythical gear to use

Hello, i'm playing this game for a while now (level 41 soon) and was considering some gear options for karal (i know shes the lowest level to max but i want to give her a mythic set for the arena)

i checked in the spreadsheet and found that the strongest item i can give her is the valentine projectile (i cant remember the name right now), with 5750 power. however, i also saw that magic shuriken despite having only 3850 power at mythic has the parry skill, which increases equipment power by 10%.

now when making her her weapon i made her both a mythic berserker's axe and a mythic giant hammer (because of the skill that berserkers axe had that increases her strenght by 5% or so), but found that that skill only applied to her base strenght and not included gear strenght.

so in order to avoid making both to see which is better i wanted to ask is this: does the parry skill apply to ALL her equipment or only the item with the skill (if it applies to all gear then it will be a better choice) and if it applies to both arena and quests (if not ill make both i guess)

Abqu
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: question regarding gear skills

Postby Abqu » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:20 pm

Parry applies to all equipped gear.

Skills do not work in arena.

KoalaKingHuggies

Postby KoalaKingHuggies » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:26 pm

So i sboud make the heart projectie for arena and the parry for quests right?

Retaeiyu
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Retaeiyu » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:43 pm

Yes, for arena go with Heart Seekers. For quests I'd go for Singing Chakram if you have it.
Retaeiyu#50373

KoalaKingHuggies

Postby KoalaKingHuggies » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:29 am

I think ill go with magic shurikens since they give more power, and all my quest slots are upgraded so i dont really need the resting time

NoInspiration
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby NoInspiration » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:55 am

I don't really get why you'd want karal in your arena team. But well not like i've been looking too much at arena skills.

Arena items do not break and do not use skills either.

So the best item for karal's last slot is a mythical unholy potion for 14375 power.

Of course it's kinda hard to get your hands on that. But the thing is that you probably have stuff that are above level 28. So best item is definitely not heartseekers. Of course the higher item you look for, the more time it takes to fuse and the harder it is to get the components, so you need to give yourself an achievable goal.

For quests look at skill items only. It's way more important than the raw power in 90% of the cases.

KoalaKingHuggies

Postby KoalaKingHuggies » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:26 am

While this may be true i consider myself unlucky and thus i only give her 0% brrak chance.

I use her in arena becase for the moment shes my strongest hero and making her mythic gear is the easiest because of that.

Also, since shes my strongest hero i combine her skill with theor's which insend naked and get the rest of my team a huge power boost if she wins (and with 25k powerbalready -29k with theor she usually wins)

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:55 am

Quest skills:
- strength == power boost that only affects the "naked" hero power
- equipment strength == power boost that only affects gear power
- survivability == power boost that affects both hero and gear power
(yep, it's confusing...)

About arena gear and breaking: it can break, but only for the duration of the fight and is back fine at the end of the fight.
Hmm, does set bonus disappear the moment a gear "breaks" in arena?
If not, then there are 3 options for arena gear: "0%" (for mythical +/-4 lvl for white/grey affinity, +/-5 for yellow affinity), at the top end of the set range (+/- 6 lvl) or as high as possible (caps at 4% break chance for mythical) .
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

KoalaKingHuggies

Postby KoalaKingHuggies » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:21 am

my question was originally if the gear skill affects all gear or just that specific gear, but abqu told me that it affects your whole set. i know that if something breaks in arena its just for that one fight, but losing a single gear can lose the set bonus too and in general bring you down so i rather not take the chance. i only do it with theor which i send naked so paradise lose (so i use his 3rd skill)

WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby WingDingo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:37 am

Cleave = Base Hero Power (Self Only)
Cone of Cold = Base Hero Power (Self Only)
Crush = Base Hero Power (Self Only)
Fireball = Base Hero Power (Self Only)
Thunderbolt = Base Hero Power (Self Only)
Parry = Equipment Power (Self Only)
Arch Wizard = Base Hero Power (Full Party Spellcasters Only)
Gangster = Equipment Power (Full Party Rogues Only)
Commander = Base Hero Power (Full Party)
Protector = Hero Power & Equipment Power (Full Party)
Amazon = Hero Power & Equipment Power (Non-Leader Full Party Female)
Brother-in-Arms = Hero Power & Equipment Power (Non-Leader Full Party Female)

I don't know what the numbers are, but you would be able to see the numbers as they apply to you.
For example:

Theor has no gear on. He has 1000 power. With Cleave 25%, he now has 1250 power.
If he adds a piece of gear with 200 power, he now has 1450 power. The Cleave skill has no added benefit.
If that piece of gear had Cleave 25%, he would now be 1000 + 250 (cleave 1) + 250 (cleave 2) + 200 equipment = 1700 power.
If that piece of gear had Parry 10%, it would be 1250 + 200 + 20 (Parry) = 1450.

It is a persisting mindset that the +Self Power skills were not as efficient as other skills. I don't have the numbers of what the high level hero's base power is, but by the looks of it, those numbers are becoming rather high. Heroes used to cap around level 40, and now we're up to 55. It could be eschewed skills like Thunderbolt +50% power may be more effective than previously accepted better skills.

Return to “Strategy & Guides”