What will be a good main, a good precraft of that category of main?

Share strategies, experience and tips & tricks.
User avatar
Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member
Posts: 2503
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:05 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: What will be a good main, a good precraft of that category of main?

Postby Shiroe » Tue May 23, 2017 4:21 am

Ronin wrote:
Shiroe wrote:So the assumption is that people that now mass-craft Wisdom Ocarinas who can quest the highest quest (its quest artifacts are needed for the potion) might switch to Dragonfire Potion and will no longer pay gems for the great Nordic Lutes.
(that assumes the people that can run that quest haven't pulled chest blueprints better than Ocarina and already switched to those instead)


I can't imagine great nordics consistently being available for gold, given that that would significantly increase their profitability for those who buy precrafts (22M gold more profit/craft due to reduced cost of craft). Worst case IMO, they sell for 2 gems (so 1 post-tax) with a several-hour queue.

Maybe I didn't formulate that too clear, but I was trying to dispute Bloop's claim that the Nordic Lutes market will crash.
As far as I've understood, end game players have mostly already moved away from Wisdom Ocarina to things like the chest blueprint Draconic Tea, the package blueprint Eggsplosives etc. so they'll stay at no impact on the Nordic Lute market.

Dragonfire Potion: 11.65M base, 1 Primal Horn after milestone
Wisdom Ocarina: 13.05M base, 2 great Nordic Lutes

So if horns cost 2 great Nordic Lutes on the tradehouse, it might already not be attractive to switch for people who can't quest their own horns.
Since every lvl 35+ in a city that raids milestone 25 next weekend also has Primal Horns unlocked on the tradehouse because of milestone 24, it's quite probable that those with Dragonfire Potion unlocked, but no Wisdom Ocarina will drive up horns to that point where it makes more sense for those with Ocarina to keep crafting Ocarinas instead of Dragonfire Potion if they'd need to buy either the horns or the lutes...
I guess in the long term the Nordic Lutes market would be affected by fewer newer players feeling the need to buy Wizard pack to boost their gold production.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

a654172382
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 8:48 am

Re: What will be a good main, a good precraft of that category of main?

Postby a654172382 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:26 am

Shiroe wrote:
Ronin wrote:
Shiroe wrote:So the assumption is that people that now mass-craft Wisdom Ocarinas who can quest the highest quest (its quest artifacts are needed for the potion) might switch to Dragonfire Potion and will no longer pay gems for the great Nordic Lutes.
(that assumes the people that can run that quest haven't pulled chest blueprints better than Ocarina and already switched to those instead)


I can't imagine great nordics consistently being available for gold, given that that would significantly increase their profitability for those who buy precrafts (22M gold more profit/craft due to reduced cost of craft). Worst case IMO, they sell for 2 gems (so 1 post-tax) with a several-hour queue.

Maybe I didn't formulate that too clear, but I was trying to dispute Bloop's claim that the Nordic Lutes market will crash.
As far as I've understood, end game players have mostly already moved away from Wisdom Ocarina to things like the chest blueprint Draconic Tea, the package blueprint Eggsplosives etc. so they'll stay at no impact on the Nordic Lute market.

Dragonfire Potion: 11.65M base, 1 Primal Horn after milestone
Wisdom Ocarina: 13.05M base, 2 great Nordic Lutes

So if horns cost 2 great Nordic Lutes on the tradehouse, it might already not be attractive to switch for people who can't quest their own horns.
Since every lvl 35+ in a city that raids milestone 25 next weekend also has Primal Horns unlocked on the tradehouse because of milestone 24, it's quite probable that those with Dragonfire Potion unlocked, but no Wisdom Ocarina will drive up horns to that point where it makes more sense for those with Ocarina to keep crafting Ocarinas instead of Dragonfire Potion if they'd need to buy either the horns or the lutes...
I guess in the long term the Nordic Lutes market would be affected by fewer newer players feeling the need to buy Wizard pack to boost their gold production.

what is the time period in between each raid event usually? the burning countryside raid event will be coming by this weekend or next weekend?

rayzhell
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:38 am

Re: What will be a good main, a good precraft of that category of main?

Postby rayzhell » Tue May 23, 2017 7:45 am

new raid is this weekend in 2 days or 57 hours 15 minutes from this post

User avatar
Richard
Community Moderator
Posts: 1507
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:29 pm
Location: New York, NY
Contact:

Re: What will be a good main, a good precraft of that category of main?

Postby Richard » Tue May 23, 2017 10:10 am

a654172382 wrote:what is the time period in between each raid event usually? the burning countryside raid event will be coming by this weekend or next weekend?


City Raids occur every week, they start and end at the same time every week (starts on Friday at 00:00 UTC and ends on Monday at 00:00 UTC). The next city raid is Burning Countryside as rayzhell has stated.
Kong: TheCongressman | Reddit: Zesty_Hamburger | In-Game: Richard#73188 | Shop Heroes Discord Server | Shop Heroes Data Spreadsheet

User avatar
Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member
Posts: 2503
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:05 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: What will be a good main, a good precraft of that category of main?

Postby Shiroe » Thu May 25, 2017 1:41 am

Talking about Primal Horns, according to one of Abqu's streams, Bloop apparently now has reached a team setup edge case where gem generation is only gated by gem-priced demand for primal horns... Apparently "quest for horns, insta-finish quest using gems, sell horns for minimum gems on tradehouse" generates a gem profit for Bloop. (though that could remove up to 3-4x the gems from the game than it adds to Bloop's pile of gems)

So I guess Bloop can make it so that 1 horn is cheaper than 2 great Nordic Lutes and even Ocarina crafters might switch over to the potion if Bloop wants to and still make a profit...

Edit: I guess Cloudcade messed up by not realizing the impact of adding a bunch of "party +min/max loot" skill items... :|
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

User avatar
bloop
"Epic" Mastery Member
Posts: 587
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:55 am

Re: What will be a good main, a good precraft of that category of main?

Postby bloop » Thu May 25, 2017 3:56 am

Shiroe wrote:Talking about Primal Horns, according to one of Abqu's streams, Bloop apparently now has reached a team setup edge case where gem generation is only gated by gem-priced demand for primal horns... Apparently "quest for horns, insta-finish quest using gems, sell horns for minimum gems on tradehouse" generates a gem profit for Bloop. (though that could remove up to 3-4x the gems from the game than it adds to Bloop's pile of gems)

So I guess Bloop can make it so that 1 horn is cheaper than 2 great Nordic Lutes and even Ocarina crafters might switch over to the potion if Bloop wants to and still make a profit...

Edit: I guess Cloudcade messed up by not realizing the impact of adding a bunch of "party +min/max loot" skill items... :|

it's a limited time event, after dragonfire is released there will be too much gold in the game to even compete for dwarf keys.

just gathering bulk data while i still can
Image

User avatar
Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member
Posts: 2503
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:05 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: What will be a good main, a good precraft of that category of main?

Postby Shiroe » Thu May 25, 2017 5:53 am

bloop wrote:
Shiroe wrote:Talking about Primal Horns, according to one of Abqu's streams, Bloop apparently now has reached a team setup edge case where gem generation is only gated by gem-priced demand for primal horns... Apparently "quest for horns, insta-finish quest using gems, sell horns for minimum gems on tradehouse" generates a gem profit for Bloop. (though that could remove up to 3-4x the gems from the game than it adds to Bloop's pile of gems)

So I guess Bloop can make it so that 1 horn is cheaper than 2 great Nordic Lutes and even Ocarina crafters might switch over to the potion if Bloop wants to and still make a profit...

Edit: I guess Cloudcade messed up by not realizing the impact of adding a bunch of "party +min/max loot" skill items... :|

it's a limited time event, after dragonfire is released there will be too much gold in the game to even compete for dwarf keys.

just gathering bulk data while i still can

? Did I misunderstand that you now have "roulette v1.0 @5000 streak"-like "repeatedly spend gems to get back more gems" ability? (Actually probably better, since you don't need to wait for something like the right legendaries showing on the wheel before spamming the gem use; you can do it at any time if you want to. Cloudcade should really have noticed they were handing over the tools for this situation of artifact_count > quest-insta-finish gem cost for artifacts with a sizable gem-priced demand...)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

a654172382
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 8:48 am

Re: What will be a good main, a good precraft of that category of main?

Postby a654172382 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:29 am

Shiroe wrote:Talking about Primal Horns, according to one of Abqu's streams, Bloop apparently now has reached a team setup edge case where gem generation is only gated by gem-priced demand for primal horns... Apparently "quest for horns, insta-finish quest using gems, sell horns for minimum gems on tradehouse" generates a gem profit for Bloop. (though that could remove up to 3-4x the gems from the game than it adds to Bloop's pile of gems)

So I guess Bloop can make it so that 1 horn is cheaper than 2 great Nordic Lutes and even Ocarina crafters might switch over to the potion if Bloop wants to and still make a profit...

Edit: I guess Cloudcade messed up by not realizing the impact of adding a bunch of "party +min/max loot" skill items... :|

wait, u can actually quest for the horns? isn't they are only available through rewards from city raid?

rayzhell
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:38 am

Re: What will be a good main, a good precraft of that category of main?

Postby rayzhell » Thu May 25, 2017 7:48 am

no the big patch that added in new building lvls and raid lvls also added in the quests for the old raid only items they got replaced in raid by argonite and hellfire ruby for raid only

User avatar
bloop
"Epic" Mastery Member
Posts: 587
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:55 am

Re: What will be a good main, a good precraft of that category of main?

Postby bloop » Thu May 25, 2017 8:05 am

Shiroe wrote: Did I misunderstand that you now have "roulette v1.0 @5000 streak"-like "repeatedly spend gems to get back more gems" ability? (Actually probably better)

no, you're very far off. breakeven alone is a lot of effort and relies on horns to actually sell, which is tediously slow.

either way we're super off topic here, i just wanted to address it as noobs would undoubtedly assume that's how things are and start complaining about something they know nothing about
Image


Return to “Strategy & Guides”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

©2015 Cloudcade, Inc. All Rights Reserved.