Cold War! BRRRRR!

Share strategies, experience and tips & tricks.
River
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Cold War! BRRRRR!

Postby River » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:35 am

Shiroe wrote:
cc_Darkis wrote:You saw the posting.....it's City vs City. PVP. Resources!

Resources == the stuff you get from your bins, so unless that was a typo for "artifacts", there probably is a crafting component to Cold War.

or.. maybe.. new resources related to the incoming "deeper Fusion System" and/or "Pets". :lol:

Prometheus
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Prometheus » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:37 am

If it's PvP based like the one present in the game, everyone would know the outcome.

The outcome in the long run is most people will be feeling meh about it because the current PvP gets boring after a while, it's not plausible and not something to be excited about.

I would really feel sad if it were PvP based like the current one, it would be a disaster for the endgame as we are really not looking for yet another bad mechanics/boring/rushing in the last hour based PvP.

Is it true that the current PvP took 4 months of development?!

Dizzle
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Dizzle » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:39 am

City vs City. Resources. Sounds to me like it will be similar to raiding, but as a competition, rather than a tiered list of prizes. Go go gadget DFPs! this would technically be pvp, just not in the most intuitive way. Realistically though any form of competition against a non-npc is pvp, so I don't think (really hoping) it will be like the traditional pvp system already in game. I'll still be pretty excited even if it is, though. Any addition to the game is a welcome one.

atsiputes

Postby atsiputes » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:46 pm

Prometheus wrote:
Is it true that the current PvP took 4 months of development?!

well it says more than enough why things are slow here. it took several months to introduce game to china market. looks like that cloadcade guy is not as genius as he claimed few years ago https://web.archive.org/web/20140714203944/http://www.kongregate.com:80/forums/304-swords-potions-2/topics/402284-edgebee-is-a-dead-company-theyve-moved-on?page=2

VeNoM0619
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby VeNoM0619 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:42 pm

I'm a bit confused by this thread. Is it a hype thread? Suggestion (thought it was being released in July 4 update?)? Speculation? Guess the details and I will say yes or no it's happening?

Either way, I will do my best to contribute:
I liked the CvC that was in S&P2. You had a maximum of 10 entries per person, and each entry was a quest. You risked nothing to participate (except breaking your gear), the entry was based on total power of the "party" (hero).

There was a personal reward (equivalent to gems in this game) for each milestone you hit on participation.
Cities competed with other cities based on their "City Honor" 1v1 for who could send the most parties.
1 hour before the battle ends, scores were hidden to prevent "ninja" contributions. (Something that should be done for PvP here as well)

The only thing bad about this system, was later they introduced a buggy (and bad) mechanic where you could donate money for extra participation, which ruined the whole thing.

Does this sound like CvC+Raids? True... however I think the max 10 entries kept things casual.

Lionstar
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Lionstar » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:56 am

Im very confused about this thread...

Are we supposed to be guessing what Cold War is or start setting up some unrealistic expectations or just come up wild speculations?

In any case I will probably just wait for the reality check since Im sure I would find here an idea which I would like and ultimately I would get disapointed since the principal of it could and most likely will be completaly different.

Abqu
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Abqu » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:36 pm

VeNoM0619 wrote:I'm a bit confused by this thread. Is it a hype thread? Suggestion (thought it was being released in July 4 update?)? Speculation? Guess the details and I will say yes or no it's happening?

Doesn't belong in Strategy & Guides in any of those cases, truth be told.

We can't strategize on a feature that we only know the name and general description of.

We can't cover this topic in any meaningful way when he have no details mull over.

I''m trying not to overreach or overexaggerate, but to discuss an announced but otherwise unknown feature, well that's better suited for general discussion.

I mean maybe the heroes will wear overalls and covertly hunt for four leaf clovers in the fields of Dover.

Or maybe it's something else completely. Details are sort of overdue at this point.

But "maybes" and speculation don't belong in the strategy section, and sharing "thoughts" about what it might be definitely don't.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:42 pm

Thread is staying here folks and I appreciate the forum reporting in mass calling the thread out 8-)

If you want to reread the op and share your thoughts, please do so and if not...no biggie!
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Speadie
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Speadie » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:53 pm

Looking forward to City vs City content.

Guide notes so far...
1. Find a good active city. (check recruitment section if need be)
2. Beat the other cities.
3. Win and brag.

Kind Regards :-)

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:46 am

Lionstar wrote:Im very confused about this thread...

Are we supposed to be guessing what Cold War is or start setting up some unrealistic expectations or just come up wild speculations?

My interpretation was that it's a not yet super successful attempt to instead of having a simple "here's what Cold War is" topic try to turn it into a game of "try to guess what Cold War is!" and Darkis will hint how close or far from the truth we are.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Return to “Strategy & Guides”