NPC Requests

Share your ideas on how to improve Shop Heroes.
Forum rules
Please check other threads before posting a suggestion or providing feedback to make sure that there are no duplicate threads on the same subject. We value your feedback and suggestions and will prioritize those with the most demand, however, please be patient with us as we already have a very packed pipeline for new content delivery. Any feedback that has already been taken into account will result in the thread being locked as further discussions are no longer necessary.
Azaren
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:29 am

NPC Requests

Postby Azaren » Fri May 19, 2017 10:42 am

Hello. I tried finding a thread about this subject but i wasn't succesful. If there is one already (which probably is the case) please feel free to delete this thread and send me a link. Otherwise, here is my feedback:

Right now customers tend to always request the same items over and over. Currently it seems that you can only change their requests by crafting different items and keeping those in storage. But then they keep asking for those. Wouldn't it be a lot better if they could just request random items? It would make the hole selling part more dynamic. What is the reason that it is implemented as it is right now? Is their some kind of restriction that doesn't allow to make it random?

User avatar
Abqu
"Epic" Mastery Member
Posts: 935
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:39 pm

Re: NPC Requests

Postby Abqu » Fri May 19, 2017 10:54 am

Azaren wrote:Hello. I tried finding a thread about this subject but i wasn't succesful. If there is one already (which probably is the case) please feel free to delete this thread and send me a link. Otherwise, here is my feedback:

Right now customers tend to always request the same items over and over. Currently it seems that you can only change their requests by crafting different items and keeping those in storage. But then they keep asking for those. Wouldn't it be a lot better if they could just request random items? It would make the hole selling part more dynamic. What is the reason that it is implemented as it is right now? Is their some kind of restriction that doesn't allow to make it random?


You can suggest items to heroes at any time.

That said, here's a short write up on how the mechanic works--

"There is actually a hidden mechanic called "Trending" in which customers ask more and more items that you sell to them and less the ones you refuse!"

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7926

Azaren
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:29 am

Re: NPC Requests

Postby Azaren » Fri May 19, 2017 11:24 am

Thank you, I didn't know about that hidden mechanic. But I still think that it would just be more natural if they always asked for different items. Yeah you can suggest items but it would be cooler (At least I think that) if you would try to satisfy the wishes of the customers instead of suggesting a different item to them. But that isn't fun if they keep asking for the same item. But maybe that's just me.

User avatar
Abqu
"Epic" Mastery Member
Posts: 935
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:39 pm

Re: NPC Requests

Postby Abqu » Fri May 19, 2017 11:27 am

Azaren wrote:Thank you, I didn't know about that hidden mechanic. But I still think that it would just be more natural if they always asked for different items. Yeah you can suggest items but it would be cooler (At least I think that) if you would try to satisfy the wishes of the customers instead of suggesting a different item to them. But that isn't fun if they keep asking for the same item. But maybe that's just me.


This suggestion would probably be detrimental to the gameplay of many in mid- and late-game who rely on impatient sales for some extra income.

I'd consider adding racks and leveling them up, so you can suggest items you're making.

Note, I'm not debating what it "should be", but explaining how it is.

User avatar
Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member
Posts: 2296
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:05 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: NPC Requests

Postby Shiroe » Fri May 19, 2017 2:07 pm

Well, real world has fashion and "trending" is a bit like that... ;)

If you don't want the trending, just suggest/sell items from lots of different item lines and you should break the trend.
I have had times where 6/7 of my waiting customer were asking for boots, but also times without trends (right now 1x helmet, 2x hats, 2x boots, 1x remedy, 1x axe).
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Azaren
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:29 am

Re: NPC Requests

Postby Azaren » Fri May 19, 2017 3:48 pm

Well I guess you are right. What would be very helpful for the suggesting part: Please give me some menu where I can see what item categories the heroes buy. If you look at the character screen you can only see what they have equipped right now and you can only see the other item types if you remove the currently equipped one.

Kim!
"Good" Mastery Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:01 pm

Re: NPC Requests

Postby Kim! » Fri May 19, 2017 4:51 pm

Azaren wrote:Well I guess you are right. What would be very helpful for the suggesting part: Please give me some menu where I can see what item categories the heroes buy. If you look at the character screen you can only see what they have equipped right now and you can only see the other item types if you remove the currently equipped one.

Open the hero's equipment card and do a long click on their picture, it'll show their bio and which items they can equip/buy :)

User avatar
Abqu
"Epic" Mastery Member
Posts: 935
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:39 pm

Re: NPC Requests

Postby Abqu » Fri May 19, 2017 9:21 pm

Kim! wrote:
Azaren wrote:Well I guess you are right. What would be very helpful for the suggesting part: Please give me some menu where I can see what item categories the heroes buy. If you look at the character screen you can only see what they have equipped right now and you can only see the other item types if you remove the currently equipped one.

Open the hero's equipment card and do a long click on their picture, it'll show their bio and which items they can equip/buy :)


You can also open up the suggestion sub-menu, and at the bottom of the screen, the categories heroes will buy will be highlighted.

Image

Azaren
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:29 am

Re: NPC Requests

Postby Azaren » Sat May 20, 2017 2:12 am

Thank you for the help everyone. I did not know about those things. It makes it all a little easier to deal with now. I guess you won the argument :lol: The only thing is, I think from a usability perspective it would be better if the possible items would be shown directly on the equipment screen rather than having to hold left click on the picture to get yet another screen. Maybe that is something to improve.

User avatar
Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member
Posts: 2296
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:05 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: NPC Requests

Postby Shiroe » Sat May 20, 2017 6:14 am

Azaren wrote:The only thing is, I think from a usability perspective it would be better if the possible items would be shown directly on the equipment screen rather than having to hold left click on the picture to get yet another screen. Maybe that is something to improve.

Probably true, but I guess it's a tradeoff for using 1 interface that is scaled without changes from 32" monitors at the top end to 4" phone screens at the bottom end...
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)


Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

©2015 Cloudcade, Inc. All Rights Reserved.