Looking for lot's of Ideas and Feedback!

Share your ideas on how to improve Shop Heroes.
Forum rules
Please check other threads before posting a suggestion or providing feedback to make sure that there are no duplicate threads on the same subject. We value your feedback and suggestions and will prioritize those with the most demand, however, please be patient with us as we already have a very packed pipeline for new content delivery. Any feedback that has already been taken into account will result in the thread being locked as further discussions are no longer necessary.
Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: Looking for lot's of Ideas and Feedback!

Postby Shiroe » Mon May 01, 2017 4:20 am

inVoh wrote:
Kim! wrote:
Who says they don't already start at level 30? A lot of new players take less than a week to hit 30. I've had newbies in my city who we have helped via coordinated communication with city offers and selling items for base gold on the tradehouse. We have one player who started less than 2 months ago who is already worth 26g. I'd trade 1 week of newbie leveling time for a free market. It's already free anyway, except you need to use gems, it's simply about removing the restrictions of gold.

There's a big difference between a high level city power leveling a newbie and what a new player can do on their own... there are still ways to gain levels/gold quickly but at least it takes a little more knowledge than "spend all your gems flipping keys", etc. I loved the early game so I'm glad there's an effort made to help preserve it. The caps also prevent players from setting traps at higher levels, like accidentally overpaying hundreds of millions because you thought an M was a K or the price jumped without you noticing it.

Also gems are slightly regulated now too, new players can't use them on trade til level 20 and items do have gem caps, though those only matter on a handful of items (like primal keys).

10x base price is not enough though, because the value of the items are much more than that when you add surcharge, price increase and impatient request. It comes to around 4.5x base price. Which means you can only sell an item for gold roughly 2x more than an impatient customer would buy it for. That leaves little room for price fluctuation. It's also obvious it's not working when no high demand items can be sold for gold anymore.

Hmm? Surcharge == x1.5, Price increase == x1.25 (craftline) or x1.5 (chest, package), impatient == x2, right?
so 1.5 * 1.25 * 2 = x 3.75 or 1.5 * 1.5 * 2 = x 4.5.
Maybe a slightly higher cap for chest/package items vs craftline items could be reasonable to account for the x1.5 vs x1.25 difference.
But looking at what I can buy from the tradehouse to sell to an impatient for profit vs what I could buy from the tradehouse to sell for profit before impatient existed, I'm guessing the introduction of impatient just doubled tradehouse prices of commons and goods that aren't even precrafts to where instead of being at or above sell breakeven they are now nearly all at or above impatient breakeven...
(Azure Boots seem to be consistently priced below that x 3.75, but I can't recall many others consistently below that x 3.75/x4.5; other than for impatients, there should be little demand for the vast majority of common and good items on the tradehouse, so cap at 5x, 10x, x20 shouldn't affect prices at all except for the tiny part of the super high demand items that can throw the early game all out of whack...)

And I guess "when no high demand items can be sold for gold anymore" was meant to be "when no high demand items can be bought [in a reasonable timeframe] for gold anymore"? If my authorised alt gets a nice flawless from a blue/purple bag most of the time it near insta-sells for cap gold on the tradehouse; always demand for C+F fodder from late game players, no matter the price, since time is the more valuable commodity if gold is near endless...

Personally I see your reasoning a bit like "the northpole is melting, so let's just melt it faster, so we can use it as a shipping lane soon.", while I'd prefer doing something to slow or reverse the melting...
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Feone
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Feone » Mon May 01, 2017 9:43 pm

inVoh wrote:
Feone wrote:Without caps everything is determined by the most efficient endgame players, the entirety of everything before it is eclipsed and unbalanced because nothing they do has nearly as much impact as the mountains of gold at endgame.

This is already true though. You circumvent the gold caps by using gems. Everything is determined by supply and demand.

Gems have a very steep tax on them, and a large minimum price.

jdionne

Postby jdionne » Tue May 02, 2017 5:26 am

I think it would be really help when you click on a fuse that is going on you can see what mats you placed in there. some of the fuses take a long time and sometimes I forget what's in there. Mind you I'm not looking for what the result would be, just what was put in the pot.

Also, maybe the same thing with quests. when you click on a quest you can see what the team is.

thanks

CHRI5

Postby CHRI5 » Tue May 02, 2017 1:57 pm

I would like to see some Themed Quest events such as Halloween or holiday themes. Limited time quests where if you complete the quests you can earn things such as shop keeper apparel or something else. Other games often have these kinds of themed events and I think they would be a fun addition.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Tue May 02, 2017 2:13 pm

Keep them coming folks. I've seen a fair amount of ones that we have had on our internal list of improvements so that makes it even an easier sale overall lol.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

zthen

Postby zthen » Tue May 02, 2017 7:31 pm

can we get trade house timers as a way to remove items automatically after x amount of days or weeks have passed?
I spend a lot of time looking for bargains and it'd be nice if the gold/gems I use go to players that are actually playing that way they can put it back into the economy.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Wed May 03, 2017 12:59 am

zthen wrote:can we get trade house timers as a way to remove items automatically after x amount of days or weeks have passed?
I spend a lot of time looking for bargains and it'd be nice if the gold/gems I use go to players that are actually playing that way they can put it back into the economy.

I'm guessing that would probably take a big recode of the tradehouse if we look at the fact that they're taking their time fixing the bug of some artifacts and items right now having their "none offered/requested" not at zero, but at a negetive number for fear of the fix breaking the tradehouse...
(not that a tradehouse recode would be bad; I'd still like it to be switched from FIFO to round robin...)

How they've handled "dead" tradehouse offers/request up til now: infrequentyly, maybe about every half year, there's some downtime with an update and they only let the tradehouse queues refill as the players login post-patch, maintaining queue positions as they login.
(example: players A, B, C, D, E, F, all have cap price requests for item X in that queue order. B is a dead account. Post-patch, C logs in (queue is C), F logs in (queue is C, F), A logs in (queue is A, C, F), D logs in (queue is A, C, D, F), E logs in (queue is A, C, D, E, F)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

bloop
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby bloop » Wed May 03, 2017 5:39 am

VeNoM0619
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby VeNoM0619 » Wed May 03, 2017 6:13 am

Shiroe wrote:How they've handled "dead" tradehouse offers/request up til now: infrequentyly, maybe about every half year, there's some downtime with an update and they only let the tradehouse queues refill as the players login post-patch, maintaining queue positions as they login.
(example: players A, B, C, D, E, F, all have cap price requests for item X in that queue order. B is a dead account. Post-patch, C logs in (queue is C), F logs in (queue is C, F), A logs in (queue is A, C, F), D logs in (queue is A, C, D, F), E logs in (queue is A, C, D, E, F)

I just wish I knew where I was in the queue on tradehouse, so I could then decide if it will ever get fulfilled and post something else.

Aussie

Postby Aussie » Wed May 03, 2017 8:59 am

As suggested, Im going to drop this post I put about news/information being put in multiple places (this is from the discord "leak" thread, but more importantly.. the main problem which may have occurred)

"If news gets shared on multiple platforms thats fine too, the problem being they are missing the BEST way to do it, right in their game on the "GAME NEWS" splash. thats where I would have liked to have seen double xp coming on 5/1-x.. all direct notes to follow should be posted on these forms and then on their secondary user connections (FB & Twitter). Then ive seen Zesty take the info into steam which is nice (and even tho its not CC moderated often, thats where i get lots of my news.) Sadly the forums are a bit too messy for me, could be cleaned up a bit.." - Me a little while ago in the other thread

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”