In Game Events [Timer]

Share your ideas on how to improve Shop Heroes.
Forum rules
Please check other threads before posting a suggestion or providing feedback to make sure that there are no duplicate threads on the same subject. We value your feedback and suggestions and will prioritize those with the most demand, however, please be patient with us as we already have a very packed pipeline for new content delivery. Any feedback that has already been taken into account will result in the thread being locked as further discussions are no longer necessary.
Sumolix
"Great" Mastery Member

In Game Events [Timer]

Postby Sumolix » Tue May 02, 2017 10:28 am

It would be nice that instead of having a date that is confusing for some as it is not clear if it will end at the start or at the end of a certain day. Not to mention the different timetables for each country.

It would be nice if the developers could develop a timer for the events. Like that everyone would know exactly when the event would end.
:!:

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Re: In Game Events [Timer]

Postby cc_Darkis » Tue May 02, 2017 10:36 am

Indeed and something in the works for this. To make sure everyone had a fair chance to enjoy the double XP, I set it by hand and ensured regardless of what the dates showed, it would run the full 24+ hours.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Lionstar
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Lionstar » Tue May 09, 2017 7:18 pm

Great thing would be actually a timer which would start the countdown 24h before the event! So people can get ready and no one is left out. Just saying. = )

River
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby River » Wed May 10, 2017 12:08 am

no "timer", please.
A simple note (XX:XX PST) would be enough

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Wed May 10, 2017 2:14 am

River wrote:no "timer", please.

Why no timer? If need be they could replace the "daily goal" icon by a "timers" one and list all the timers on that popup. Add an exclamation mark on the icon if a new timer has been added/started and I'd say that would work nicely...
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

River
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby River » Wed May 10, 2017 3:12 am

Shiroe wrote:

Why no timer? If need be they could replace the "daily goal" icon by a "timers" one and list all the timers on that popup. Add an exclamation mark on the icon if a new timer has been added/started and I'd say that would work nicely...

between 2 words of text on the actual banner and implementation (programming), I prefer the easy [and lighter] way.

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Wed May 10, 2017 4:08 am

River wrote:
Shiroe wrote:

between 2 words of text on the actual banner and implementation (programming), I prefer the easy [and lighter] way.

I don't see why doing timezone-y stuff would be any lighter than a countdown to a specific fixed point in time...
(silly "raids start on friday", "no, raids start on thursday" etc. stuff...)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

River
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby River » Wed May 10, 2017 4:30 am

In my case, CC staff must only write "XX:XX PST, YY/YY" instead of "YY/YY" on the already existing banner, without patching/programming/etc stuff.
In your case, devs team must write a dedicated "patch".

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Wed May 10, 2017 5:02 am

River wrote:In my case, CC staff must only write "XX:XX PST, YY/YY" instead of "YY/YY" on the already existing banner, without patching/programming/etc stuff.
In your case, devs team must write a dedicated "patch".

Coding is coding. Diffing 2 unix timestamps (the set time and time.now) and refreshing the results clientside once a minute isn't much more difficult than adding localtime to date output. Heck, the code is already there at daily goals...
(hmm, can't remember right now if the date formatting for events is (north) american or based on the device's locale settings; something like "HH:MM TZ, DD-MM" should be the format for me for such a time string, but probably isn't right now.
(the closest date formatting string to both would probably be "+%H:%M %Z, %x"; so many different possible date formattings for different parts of the world... Though %F to get the universal YYYY-MM-DD format instead of locale specific dates would be fine with me too.)
Just pointing out that dates/times isn't simple at all and countdowns don't have that problem...

Luke00016
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Luke00016 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:39 am

Here is a pretty cool ten minute video describing the frustrations that go in to coding anything related to time and time zones. I found it interesting, from a "I have no idea how computer coding works" perspective.

https://youtu.be/-5wpm-gesOY

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”