daily events

Share your ideas on how to improve Shop Heroes.
Forum rules
Please check other threads before posting a suggestion or providing feedback to make sure that there are no duplicate threads on the same subject. We value your feedback and suggestions and will prioritize those with the most demand, however, please be patient with us as we already have a very packed pipeline for new content delivery. Any feedback that has already been taken into account will result in the thread being locked as further discussions are no longer necessary.
zthen

daily events

Postby zthen » Tue May 02, 2017 11:13 am

not sure if this has been suggested before but what about daily events?

everyday a specific event happens i.e. double xp Monday, double surcharge Tuesday, unbreakable gear Wednesday, increased drop rate thursdays, fast fusion Fridays, and devs choice weekends etc...

could also do a 50% bonus during the weekday events and random weekend ones provide the full 100% in regards to things like xp and surcharge. just a thought...

Richard
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: daily events

Postby Richard » Tue May 02, 2017 12:10 pm

It's an interesting idea. I have seen a lot of games that have day-specific quests and it really drives players to log in and play on a certain day if they need something from that quest.

I'm not sure if events (at least the one's that currently exist) are the way to go since some of them tend to really affect the Trade House and also I can already see people breaking items because they forget to switch once the unbreakable day would be over -- there would be a mass influx of complaints.

Maybe something different but rewarding enough to peak players' interest, no idea what but this is an interesting suggestion.
Kong: TheCongressman | Reddit: Zesty_Hamburger | In-Game: Richard#73188 | Shop Heroes Discord Server | Shop Heroes Data Spreadsheet

rayzhell

Postby rayzhell » Tue May 02, 2017 12:16 pm

daily events has been suggested. on the other hand i cant say ive seen something like fusion friday tho. you need to post that in the new sugggestions and feedback thread Drakis has up i think alot of peeps would like that idea!!!

VeNoM0619
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby VeNoM0619 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:18 pm

There was a game I played that had scheduled events every day of the week. However, it was really demotivating to log in during certain days.
"Why bother progressing Thursday, on Friday I can progress 2x faster". or "Save your money/'gems' until Saturday" so nobody wanted to play all week.

Heck, when these events were more frequent, I remember having stocked up 200 ocarinas in preparation for the surcharge event...then 2 months went by without the event, it was a little demoralizing/frustration inducing sadly.

I'm not saying events are bad, but just that, sometimes the expectation changes player behavior and can become a negative. I wish I could suggest a better/more motivating approach to an event system, however I cannot think of anything. If your event runs so frequently, it may as well be permanent, otherwise, keep them as "special events" and surprises as best you can. Don't make them too powerful, and keep them unique that they change how you play for a day or so.

zthen

Postby zthen » Tue May 02, 2017 3:50 pm

I want permanent events that run on a published schedule. it could be weaker version of what they currently have i.e. 50% surcharge bonus or even less. from my experience playing games in general, it seems players will log in less simply from being burned out or finding something new. daily bonuses won't solve the problem but it could help invigorate the current population.

having something is better than nothing at all. People will be mad because it may not be convenient at times, but on the other hand it does allow for preplanning.

Kim!
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Tue May 02, 2017 5:19 pm

I feel like making it daily would get rid of the special-ness of events, right now they're kinda neat and exciting but if we got them constantly double xp would just be another Tuesday.

If it was something that didn't mess with trade or encourage item hoarding I could see it working, like slightly faster quests or fusions maybe. Something that doesn't have a benefit to prepare for it. And then save the current types of events (double xp, double surcharge, etc) for special events.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”