Shopkeeper Skill Trees

Share your ideas on how to improve Shop Heroes.
Forum rules
Please check other threads before posting a suggestion or providing feedback to make sure that there are no duplicate threads on the same subject. We value your feedback and suggestions and will prioritize those with the most demand, however, please be patient with us as we already have a very packed pipeline for new content delivery. Any feedback that has already been taken into account will result in the thread being locked as further discussions are no longer necessary.
Abqu
"Epic" Mastery Member

Shopkeeper Skill Trees

Postby Abqu » Wed May 10, 2017 8:44 pm

Hi.

I like having choices when I game. Shop Heroes has a lot, but not many on a meta-level. I'd try to get choice on special loot, but that's folly, so how about Skill Trees!

The way I envision it, every player would get one point to spend on the tree, every even-numbered level starting at 10.

I tried to build it so that progression in the game was reflected by progression in the trees. It hits many of the core features of Shop Heroes. I originally had an extra pvp ticket listed, and questing/raiding is glaringly omitted --- this was simply my iteration of the idea.

I don't know the likelihood of it happening, but it was something fun to put together. Numbers and stuff are all just made up on the fly, with a nod towards balance and equity.

I also thought respec'ing would be available upon each level up, for a major gold fee --- say, 1 or 2Gs. That way it serves as a reason to level up, and also a gold sink.

Tear it to shreds! I love you all.

P.S. please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors, i'm not the best typeist as many of you know.

edit crabby bloop wants better pictures so here ya go

Kim!
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Shopkeeper Skill Trees

Postby Kim! » Thu May 11, 2017 12:43 am

I also thought respec'ing would be available upon each level up, for a major gold fee --- say, 1 or 2Gs. That way it serves as a reason to level up, and also a gold sink.

One of the things I really love about this game is that there's nothing you can do to permanently screw up, you can always respec and change paths. If something like this was implemented I would hope to see a reasonable respec price (currently the top workers only cost a couple million to reset) and have it available at any time since leveling can take weeks or months later on... locking things in for that long means decisions would have long lasting effects and mistakes could be expensive :(

Otherwise yay buffs! Free stuff is always nice, though I'm not too sure about the balance on some of them? Like doubled fragments in my eyes is much more valuable than 3 hearts so it seems odd that they would cost the same

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Thu May 11, 2017 2:21 am

Kim! wrote:

One of the things I really love about this game is that there's nothing you can do to permanently screw up, you can always respec and change paths. If something like this was implemented I would hope to see a reasonable respec price (currently the top workers only cost a couple million to reset) and have it available at any time since leveling can take weeks or months later on... locking things in for that long means decisions would have long lasting effects and mistakes could be expensive :(

Lol, also thought about that... Don't want to lose our "you can't really go wrong in this game, so there's no reason to start over" argument when someone asks in world chat how to reset their game... ;)
Just like with PVP teams, quest/raid gear etc. such a skill tree would develop a "meta" of a few setups the playerbase deems best, so if someone started out differently they very likely would want to redo the tree once they find that info.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

bloop
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby bloop » Thu May 11, 2017 2:33 am

Kim! wrote:

i think taking away the semi permanence of these traits completely removes any ability for the traits to be fun and/or powerful.

oh time to fuse *respecs* time to craft *respecs*
bad

Kim!
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Thu May 11, 2017 2:44 am

i think taking away the semi permanence of these traits completely removes any ability for the traits to be fun and/or powerful.

oh time to fuse *respecs* time to craft *respecs*
bad

Good point... but on the other hand, I'm dumb and need an "undo" button :(

Would there be any way to balance between "respec for each task" and "trapped for 3+ weeks" fairly? I'm having trouble thinking of anything simple that would prevent either extreme, except maybe giving us a 1-3 day cooldown after reseting or something.

VeNoM0619
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby VeNoM0619 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:38 am

Interesting, the concept appeals to me.
I also agree the pictures did need to be resized (since zoom on the browser didnt work).

I do wish the respec was easy enough. Most games lose appeal to me when respec is a major pain/impossible, because it removes experimentation and causes meta lock in. Either give a free respec every week, or a reasonable fee.

I always wanted them to tie achievements into something like this, or any system to spend my achievement points.

a654172382

Postby a654172382 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:47 am

Abqu wrote:Hi.

I like having choices when I game. Shop Heroes has a lot, but not many on a meta-level. I'd try to get choice on special loot, but that's folly, so how about Skill Trees!

The way I envision it, every player would get one point to spend on the tree, every even-numbered level starting at 10.

I tried to build it so that progression in the game was reflected by progression in the trees. It hits many of the core features of Shop Heroes. I originally had an extra pvp ticket listed, and questing/raiding is glaringly omitted --- this was simply my iteration of the idea.

I don't know the likelihood of it happening, but it was something fun to put together. Numbers and stuff are all just made up on the fly, with a nod towards balance and equity.

Tear it to shreds! I love you all.

P.S. please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors, i'm not the best typeist as many of you know.

edit crabby bloop wants better pictures so here ya go

agree, that will make the game much more interesting and provide more contents into play :D

alanx
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby alanx » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:44 pm

I like the idea but knowing CC they would rather release pet-like shop decorations that do this from a paid pack then give these buffs out for free. Nevertheless, I kinda agree that the permanence of these options could pose an issue with reset. Another issue is that in any tier listed; its kind of impossible to provide multiple options to choose from that have the same worth. Inevitably there would be one in each tier that nearly 90% of the playerbase would pick. Anyone who doesn't would eventually be crying for a reset. Then wouldn't it be better if they just had a bunch of such buffs added every 10 levels? That way no one can go wrong. Since there's only one skill line and no tree per se. I guess this would remove the fun of the multiple scenarios experimentation but overall could cater to a larger base in terms of satisfaction from this addition.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”