City Related & Other Feature Requests

Share your ideas on how to improve Shop Heroes.
Forum rules
Please check other threads before posting a suggestion or providing feedback to make sure that there are no duplicate threads on the same subject. We value your feedback and suggestions and will prioritize those with the most demand, however, please be patient with us as we already have a very packed pipeline for new content delivery. Any feedback that has already been taken into account will result in the thread being locked as further discussions are no longer necessary.
ExVasterist

City Related & Other Feature Requests

Postby ExVasterist » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:58 pm

Just gonna throw the ideas out there with decent descriptions:

City Related:

1. City Stockhouse Building - For when City members have an excess of any resource, extras are auto-deposited here in case anyone runs out.
2. City Bulletin - For when Mayors want to set up rules for their Cities & make announcements (will save from having to repeat themselves).
3. City Positions - The Mayor can't be expected to run everything in a City, they need help.
3B. Positions: Secretary, can do everything the Mayor can do except mark buildings with Mayor's Choice. Coordinator, for Quests & Raids, mainly giving timer reductions in specified areas & specified Heroes when chosen as Leaders. Architect, Helps with building speed. Unlike the Mayor, all position abilities have cooldowns as to how often they can switch priorities.

Update: Didn't know bulletins were already in the game, just didn't look hard enough.

Player Related:

1. Auto Decline Invites option - Receiving invites gets annoying when you have zero interest in joining another city.
2. Inactivity Notice - For those that wanna leave behind a note to their cities in case everyone wonders "why is this person inactive?"

3. Player to Player - Help a Friend when visiting - Mainly restricted to City members, but say that you're visiting their shop, you see what they are making/upgrading/fusing. Allow the option to click an item(s) in craft, fusing, and/or structure to reduce time left by a small percentage, like 5% or 10%.

Hero Related:

1. Hero Level vs Item Level in terms of sales: As Heroes get higher in levels, lower level items can no longer be sold to them, this rule should be removed. Reason? Mastering items becomes a must to effectively make the higher level items, but still you're gonna run out of space or run out of the materials for the higher level stuff. Having to trash those items becomes a real waste cause Heroes won't buy them, they are too low level to be used by them, and/or the Trade House isn't asking for them.

2. If you don't have it unlocked, Heroes shouldn't ask for it: I'm level 31. My highest level armor that I can make is lv19, the highest level armor I can access on the trade house is lv36, so when a Hero decides to tell me to make a Level 38 Gaia's Fortress Armor, that's when my response is "HTF do you expect me to fill your order?" - Please make it so Heroes won't ask for items that the Shop Keeper cannot make.

Orders Related:

1. If you can't/can make it, a lock/check icon is under requested items - We dunno what they are gonna ask us to make, and once we click them to see the order, we can't simply say "Let me check", we have to either say "Later" or "Accept", this is frustrating. So either add the option to say "Let me check" or add a lock/check icon under the requested items (Lock meaning you haven't discovered/unlocked this item yet, and Check meaning you have unlocked/discovered this item). Even a Star icon would help which would mean you've Mastered that item.
Last edited by ExVasterist on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

VeNoM0619
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: City Related & Other Feature Requests

Postby VeNoM0619 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:50 pm

City Related:
1. Sounds okay, not sure if it will be abused/cause issues with players who "use too much". Could work, but needs anti-grief completely worked out.
2.There is a bulletin board under city chat announcements
3.+1 Yes please

Player Related:
1.+1
2. +1, also a way to see when they joined (mayor kicked a few new city mates for not participating in raid, he didn't know they couldnt participate/when they joined)

3.Sorry, but no thank you. I've played many of those games, it usually involves "you can't be my friend unless you click my town daily" type of behavior. Sort of creates anti-social/using others mentality. Not to mention, it becomes tedious sadly.

Hero Related:
1.+1
2. +1

Orders Related:
1. +1

Kim!
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:39 pm

City related:
1: I'm not sure about it being automatic, wouldn't that encourage cities to keep inactives around so they could borrow their resources? It could also encourage multi-accounting if it lets us get free mana/jewels :x

3: I'd rather it stay simple, players get confused enough by mayor and votes :P I've also seen suggestions for a "deputy mayor" where a secondary player has most of the mayor powers except for kicking the true mayor, and I could see something like that working nicely. A lot of your positions sound more like additional mayors choices so I'm not sure if we'd need extra players appointed to manage those? I mean, mayors choice (24h cooldown btw) only moves twice a week in my city, and I'd expect even less movement on something like a quest leader boost.

Player related:
1: Or an option to disable invites completely, so the invite button is grayed out on your profile :)

2: Sounds nice, or if we ever get an in-game PM system we could probably use that for this

3: Eww. Sorry, but that sounds like a lot of work, and if we can help players who aren't in our city then chat is going to be plastered with "please boost me" messages.

Hero related:
I don't actually mind this one? It's a reason to level up heroes and gives customers more variety (they request/impatient within 3 levels of themselves and you can suggest within 7). For ones requesting things you can't craft yet you could always suggest a different item or refuse them. And for low level gear I'm glad my heroes would rather request level 25-50 items instead of demanding knives. Although with how long it takes heroes to return to the shop I'd probably still trash lowbie items rather than waiting to sell them.

I would also feel like i shot myself in the foot if they only request items we've got the BP for, I've unlocked all common line BPs and tons of chest BPs but most days I'll only want to sell maybe 3-5 types of items, so that system would almost be a punishment for having unlocked more stuff. (Compared to those who ignore most blueprints, they would get a higher concentration of requests/impatients on their moneymakers).

Orders:
Agreed, the back button on the phone used to do this but they patched it out a while ago. Last I checked you could force close the app after looking at the order and they'd still be in your shop when you loaded back up, but I'm not sure if that still works (or if it's considered exploity)

ExVasterist

Postby ExVasterist » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:54 am

For the stockhouse building:
Devs could implement a mechanic to turn that off after a certain number of days has past in terms of inactivity.
As for the multi-accounts, that's unavoidable unless the Devs create a IP Tracker that tells the game "this player already has an account with us".
Some game companies use that method to stop multi-accounting.

For the Player to Player - Help a Friend when visiting:
As I said, "Mainly restricted to City members", unless the Devs add a feature for adding people in game as friends regardless if they are City members or not. I don't understand how that could be too much work. You just click Visit, then click whatever a limited number of times a day.
We already have the option to look at players' shops, but right now there's no point to it other simply looking.

If clicking is too much work, why are you playing a game where you click 99% of the time?

For If you don't have it unlocked, Heroes shouldn't ask for it:
How is it a good thing for them to ask for stuff you cannot make? Especially when you can't even ask for said item on Trade House or City Requests cause the item level is too high?
Maybe the Devs could make that an optional setting for Heroes? Personally it is heavily annoying, cause lv38 armor being asked for, when the highest level I can make is lv18-19, and "Compliment" doesn't always work and the Heroes will sometimes not have the option to "get something else".

For Orders:
No idea how the game works on phones, but many times when those characters have come around, I'll check other stuff before clicking them, but unfortunately they'll disappear. And the characters can switch, one example: the King's Guard was there, game was lagging like a snail & couldn't close game, so had to Taskmanager the game. Reloaded game, then the Elf was there.

Hiws
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Hiws » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:29 am

1. City Stockhouse Building - Don't really like this idea.
3. City Positions - Too confusing.

Player Related:

1. Auto Decline Invites option - Would be nice.
2. Inactivity Notice - Would be nice as well, so Mayors don't have to take notes.
3. Player to Player - Help a Friend when visiting - Sounds like something that would get very tedious quick. And something that would make cities require members to do it. Not a fan.

Hero Related:

1. Hero Level vs Item Level in terms of sales: But do you really care about making that extra 500 gold from selling a level 5 spear?

2. If you don't have it unlocked, Heroes shouldn't ask for it: Suggest items, and seems like you heavily overleveled your heroes.

Orders Related:

1. If you can't/can make it, a lock/check icon is under requested items - Sounds like a nice QoL feature.

Kim!
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:10 am

I don't understand how that could be too much work. You just click Visit, then click whatever a limited number of times a day.

I have 24 active citymates, if it becomes required/encouraged to visit each shop every day that's a significant amount of time. I don't think my city would add a requirement (we don't even have raid reqs) but I could see a lot of places adding rules about it and demanding daily visits.

How is it a good thing for them to ask for stuff you cannot make? Especially when you can't even ask for said item on Trade House or City Requests cause the item level is too high?

They should only ask for items within 3 levels of themselves, if your Fiora wants a level 38 item that probably means you've leveled her to 35+. You can also suggest items that are up to 7 levels lower than her current level, provided she can use that item type, so you could try stocking some items to suggest to her. Or the "buy from trade" button on the selling menu should let you access the item on trade, iirc? And after you've owned the item at least once it should be available in the regular tradehouse too. Or you could ignore/reject her until you catch up on which items you can craft, she won't mind waiting. :P

It sounds like you're still early-mid game, the way you manage your shop is different later on. My heroes don't get to choose what they buy. A majority are forced to buy goddess tears and gaia's essences, and the ones who can't will get junk from raid, failed precrafts, or rejected. Not all items are created equal, it's more profitable to craft what sells best and tell heroes to buy it, and with enough racks you can suggest and surcharge every single time. There are some items/qualities that are so valuable that I won't sell them to regular heroes, even if they ask I'll reject them and wait for an impatient. Impatients are the heroes with spiked bubbles and a timer, they pay double. Get one of those on a flawless gaia's essence and you get about 300m gold for a single item.

Now, suppose they only ask for items we can craft.

If my goal is to sell goddess tears (level 39), I need my level 35-45 heroes in the shop and level 40s for impatients. I've unlocked oodles of blueprints so my heroes would still ask for every item under the sun. Even if necklaces were trending, an impatient hero could ask for an ancient amulet (4m gold) or trine charm (2m) instead of that flawless tear (34m) because I've unlocked all the common blueprints. Not to mention dozens of other blueprints from other lines that are in their level range.

If a player doesn't like unlocking blueprints and their only level 40ish necklace is goddess tear, then those impatients are more likely to be for tears only. And they'd be more likely to get heroes requesting tears instead of junk in general, saving them energy on suggestions. It would give them a higher concentration of requests for things they actually want to sell because the request range would be narrower.

So in a shop like mine I would be punished for taking the time to unlock lots of blueprints (heroes would request everything) while those who don't unlock things would gain a significant advantage when it comes to what's requested since their heroes wouldn't ask for as many unprofitable items. That difference is why I'm against it, even if it's a little frustrating at lower levels or when you don't have enough hearts to suggest things yet.

On a related note, just because someone can craft something doesn't mean they want to.

That's a level 27 great precraft, and the precraft has 2 good precrafts. For a measly 1m gold I'd still be telling Fiora to gtfo or buy something else. If you don't get requests for it, I don't want them either. ;)

VeNoM0619
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby VeNoM0619 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Perhaps I misinterpreted what he was saying, but the impatient orders idea I thought was:
They only request items you have, and if they insist on a category you don't have, then its blueprints you have unlocked (that you can still fulfill).

I was most in favor of the first half. The second half... well.. you can hardly craft anything in 5 minutes anyways, but figured it would appeal to early game players so was fine with it, since chest bp items aren't something you are going to buy off tradehouse just to fulfill.

Kim!
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:53 pm

VeNoM0619 wrote:Perhaps I misinterpreted what he was saying, but the impatient orders idea I thought was:
They only request items you have, and if they insist on a category you don't have, then its blueprints you have unlocked (that you can still fulfill).

I read it as "if I have the BP they can ask for it, if I don't have the BP (and none in inventory) they can't" for all requests, not specifically impatients. To me that'd make it strategic to leave certain lines/prints undiscovered and that seems a little backwards since it'd discourage unlocking along most normal lines. Or if it was for normal requests only (and impatients were still jerks) then I don't think it'd be as big a deal since suggesting isn't hard :P

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”