Shop Heroes not working on Kongregate since last night

Report a bug or find troubleshooting tips for known issues.
Forum rules
Before starting a thread, please check to make sure that others have not already reported the same issue. When reporting a bug, please try to provide a screenshot and to describe the proper instance in order for us to replicate the issue. After an issue has been confirmed and/or fixed on our end, the topic for it will be locked to prevent further reports. For all payment related issues, please open a ticket at http://cloudcade.helpshift.com to receive immediate support.
Richard
Community Moderator

Re: Shop Heroes not working on Kongregate since last night

Postby Richard » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:14 am

Feone wrote:
CC_Tristan wrote:Thanks for the assist, all!

Unfortunately, as Webplayer has stopped being officially supported by Firefox, you've switched over to using WebGL - which, as you've noticed, is less than ideal. Shop Heroes is a particularly intensive title (especially once you have a well-developed shop) and getting the Out of Memory error on WebGL several times before even being able to log in successfully isn't uncommon.

Is improving the WebGL build something Cloudcade is working on? There's quite a few players on web still so I imagine it can't help with the community size. Or is it one of those "hope Unity fixes it.." things where you can only wait?

On the Shop Heroes Facebook page this was posted in response to another player:

Hi, we apologize for the inconvenience that the recent announcement and decision from Mozilla has caused you and your Shop Heroes gaming experience. Rest assured knowing that our development team is already hard at work optimizing our WebGL support so that both Chrome and Firefox can be supported thereafter. We will announce the details of this across our social media and forums and will be pushing these changes live as soon as its ready in an upcoming update. Meanwhile, we appreciate your patience and cooperation and hopefully you can find some means to continue to play Shop Heroes while we get this resolved for you.

So we may see something to help with the errors occurring (at least somewhat) sometime in the future.
Kong: TheCongressman | Reddit: Zesty_Hamburger | In-Game: Richard#73188 | Shop Heroes Discord Server | Shop Heroes Data Spreadsheet

Damador

Postby Damador » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:50 am

you shpould abanodn any flash unity etc version - browsers tend to NOT support anything except pure html in near future - faster you switch to mobile / steam version is better - its not CC fault - its the way when webbrowser kill flashalike crap around the web

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:31 pm

Damador wrote:you shpould abanodn any flash unity etc version - browsers tend to NOT support anything except pure html in near future - faster you switch to mobile / steam version is better - its not CC fault - its the way when webbrowser kill flashalike crap around the web

Unity is the game development environment they use to make Shop Heroes in and which has exports to the various platforms (iOS, android, Steam, web/WebGL (or as you named it "pure html")). Unfortunately Unity for a long time didn't try very hard on the WebGL export since they also had the Webplayer plugin for web. Not sure if Cloudcade is planning to improve it by letting Unity export to WebGL, then manually fixing some things, work around code/constructs that are known to lead to bad WebGL exports and/or something else.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

internetz
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby internetz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:02 pm

right now there are 3 decent options for playing on a computer:
1, If you're running windows, and have merged your kong account with steam, using the steam version is the best way.
2. If you're running mac or windows, find a browser that still allows the unity plugin, I think Safari on mac still allows it, also Opera or Internet Explorer on windows.
3. Install an Android Emulator and use that to access the play store version of shopheroes. I can verify that shopheroes works in Bluestacks for both mac and windows.

Avoid the Webgl versions of shopheroes; you will find they are very buggy and prone to crashing. (firefox and chrome both will use webgl)

Aelfgeft
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Aelfgeft » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:51 pm

Firefox: Inoperative/runs out of memory and crashes
Chrome: Inoperative/runs out of memory and crashes
Opera: Works, but runs horribly and crashes
IE: Works, runs smoothly but crashes IE

Good grief, folks.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:51 am

Aelfgeft wrote:Opera: Works, but runs horribly and crashes

Make sure that the Webplayer plugin is active on those or it will probably also silently fallback to WebGL there.
I think it mentions at the bottom of the loading screen if it's using WebGL or Webplayer (can't check myself since the facebook account I used for SH got blocked. :( )
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

internetz
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby internetz » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:49 pm

if you're using unity webplayer, the a right click will give you the context menu "About unity player..." as one of it's options.

Hiws
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Hiws » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:01 am

Shiroe wrote:
Aelfgeft wrote:Opera: Works, but runs horribly and crashes

Make sure that the Webplayer plugin is active on those or it will probably also silently fallback to WebGL there.
I think it mentions at the bottom of the loading screen if it's using WebGL or Webplayer (can't check myself since the facebook account I used for SH got blocked. :( )

Yeah, if it uses the WebGL version it says so at the bottom right of the loading screen.
Something like "BETA WebGL"

Orblit

Postby Orblit » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:52 am

Shiroe wrote:
Damador wrote:you shpould abanodn any flash unity etc version - browsers tend to NOT support anything except pure html in near future - faster you switch to mobile / steam version is better - its not CC fault - its the way when webbrowser kill flashalike crap around the web

Unity is the game development environment they use to make Shop Heroes in and which has exports to the various platforms (iOS, android, Steam, web/WebGL (or as you named it "pure html")). Unfortunately Unity for a long time didn't try very hard on the WebGL export since they also had the Webplayer plugin for web. Not sure if Cloudcade is planning to improve it by letting Unity export to WebGL, then manually fixing some things, work around code/constructs that are known to lead to bad WebGL exports and/or something else.

They should just fix the memory leak in their game. Just googling the error message suggests that it is their Unity project that is badly coded and not optimized.

Leggitte2

Postby Leggitte2 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:42 pm

Basically , I feel it is game over for me. I used to play through facebook, using Internet Explorer because as far as I know that was the only option available when I started playing this game. A few days ago, the game stopped working properly on IE; I could not get heroes out of finished quests, crafting items timer do not go down, selling items does not add gold to my gold total and a lot more. Firefox gives the earlier mentioned Out of Memory...WebGL message.

I have no clue what steam is. Just enjoy playing this game but have no clue what to do, to keep playing this game.

Kind regards,

Leg

Return to “Bugs & Issues”