Bug (ish) or Quirk - Valkyrie Spear

Report a bug or find troubleshooting tips for known issues.
Forum rules
Before starting a thread, please check to make sure that others have not already reported the same issue. When reporting a bug, please try to provide a screenshot and to describe the proper instance in order for us to replicate the issue. After an issue has been confirmed and/or fixed on our end, the topic for it will be locked to prevent further reports. For all payment related issues, please open a ticket at http://cloudcade.helpshift.com to receive immediate support.
peteypie99

Bug (ish) or Quirk - Valkyrie Spear

Postby peteypie99 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:31 am

Level 18 - Valkyrie Spear

So, the recipe calls for 2 "good" items, which, when mastered can be used to autocraft via the Upgraded crafting slots - standard stuff.

The trouble I was having was that I had mastered 1 of these items (spear), and had the "good" version of the item I hadn't mastered (stiletto) in inventory. So, in actuality, I had everything I needed - the good version of the stiletto in inventory, and mastery of the spear.

The quirk is - if you don't have BOTH recipes mastered, it won't let you autocraft via the upgraded crafting slots, EVEN IF, you have the upgraded item in your inventory. It's either, have both in your inventory, or have both mastered.. Not, one in inventory and one mastered.

Not a huge deal, I went and mastered the stiletto for ease's sake - but I can see if this translates to higher level items that this quirk might be more impactful.

aks47u
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Re: Bug (ish) or Quirk - Valkyrie Spear

Postby aks47u » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:59 am

Unfortunately the higher level items you're talking about won't be able to use the upgraded crafting slots at all as their precrafts often need Great or Flawless on items that master at Common or Good. At least for the precrafts you can sometimes use the upgraded slot for their precrafts, but not always :( Just a problem with levelling up and needing better and better stuff.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:17 am

Indeed seems to be an either-or, picking from inventory or precrafting using the slot. Fortunately not many items have 2 different precrafts, but as far as I know if an item uses 2 of the same precraft and you have 1 right quality in inventory, crafting that item in the precraft slot doesn't consume that one from inventory, but does the precrafting for both.

sidenote: trick on precraft slots: if you have enough precrafts in inventory, but they are of a higher quality that you don't want to use, you can tap the precraft slot and then _longpress_ the item to make it ignore the items in your inventory and straight up select the precrafting function of the slot.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

paljar

Postby paljar » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:28 am

Shiroe wrote:sidenote: trick on precraft slots: if you have enough precrafts in inventory, but they are of a higher quality that you don't want to use, you can tap the precraft slot and then _longpress_ the item to make it ignore the items in your inventory and straight up select the precrafting function of the slot.

I store all such precrafts at arena slots to prevent accidental use in craft, but still very nice to learn about a trick I didnt know about yet.

Return to “Bugs & Issues”