Constant Out of sync.

Report a bug or find troubleshooting tips for known issues.
Forum rules
Before starting a thread, please check to make sure that others have not already reported the same issue. When reporting a bug, please try to provide a screenshot and to describe the proper instance in order for us to replicate the issue. After an issue has been confirmed and/or fixed on our end, the topic for it will be locked to prevent further reports. For all payment related issues, please open a ticket at http://cloudcade.helpshift.com to receive immediate support.
Hiws
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Constant Out of sync.

Postby Hiws » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:31 pm

Firefox, Kongregate.

Quite recently (Not just today), I've been constantly getting OOS if i just craft / collect items even slightly fast.
I would suspect that last update to be the cause. However, I'm unsure if I'm the only one experiencing this issue.
Have never experience this issue in the past.

Shouldn't get OOS twice while collecting 9 items.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: Constant Out of sync.

Postby Shiroe » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:39 am

On that computer, do you set its time/clock manually or from network time?
If the former, try switching to network time. I could see a drifting computer clock resulting in the server thinking "hmm, something is off here"...
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Irgy

Re: Constant Out of sync.

Postby Irgy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:04 pm

Hi

I can reliably reproduce the out of sync error:

1. Set the latency to high (you guys and/or the internet have done this for me already)
2. Collect a resource
3. (Quickly) build an item using the same type of resource.
4. Resource amount updates after building the item. You now have too many of that resource.
5. Build things using the excess resource.
6. Server discovers you shouldn't have been able to build it, out of sync error, game crashes.

The problem is that the server isn't sending back "+x resources" it's sending back "update to a total of x+n resources", which is overwriting the resources spent in the meantime on the client side.

Note that this can also occur replacing "collect a resource" with "collect a pre-requisite item" so do try to fix both of these issues.

Return to “Bugs & Issues”