ugh, I hate facebook...

Post your fan creations, streams, off-topic, and the like!
Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

ugh, I hate facebook...

Postby Shiroe » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:50 am

It looks like someone reported my "Voor Spellen" (dutch for "for games") account and facebook will only unblock it if I change to my real name and send them a copy of my ID. (not going to happen...)
And apparently being blocked means all my comments on facebook pages such as the Shop Heroes one instantly went "poof". :(
So from now on I guess I can only view the SH facebook page through the annoying "you are not logged in, so facebook doesn't want you here, since we can less efficiently 'big business is watching you'" and no longer try to post helpful replies. :( :cry:
</rant>
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

akerson
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Re: ugh, I hate facebook...

Postby akerson » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:13 am

why not just make a new acct with a real name?
"I believe the forum ban was deserved, as he has been out of line, and warned.

I believe a permanent game ban was out of line."

-Abqu

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:38 am

akerson wrote:why not just make a new acct with a real name?

Because it's none of facebook's business to try and link what games I play to my identity and for people I'll never meet face-to-face a nickname should also suffice. (I did put that 1984 reference there in the topic starter... ;) )
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Kim!
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:13 pm

Same issue here, and I nearly got locked out of my SH account by it (thankfully i was also connected to Google play). Maybe someone just went down the list and reported everyone who commented on the shop heroes page? Hopefully we can both get back in, though I'd rather lose my game saves than have to put up pictures and a real name again :\

Abqu
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby Abqu » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:18 pm

akerson wrote:why not just make a new acct with a real name?

Yeah like you'd ever do that. I bet "akerson" is an alias for something.

I haven't used my FB games acct since going to steam, I wonder if I'm suffering the same fate.

Richard
Community Moderator

Postby Richard » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:14 am

You could make a community page like I did for my Zesty Hamburger persona, when leaving a comment or liking simply select the page from the "posting as" dropdown.
Kong: TheCongressman | Reddit: Zesty_Hamburger | In-Game: Richard#73188 | Shop Heroes Discord Server | Shop Heroes Data Spreadsheet

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:39 am

Hmm, I thought my report could have been because of some critique at some mobile game that seems to have been put into "hey, we don't have any more techies to maintain this" mode: at that game it used to switch between 2 sets of events/shop offers twice a week until that failed about 2 weeks ago and they have made no effort to fix it. As a geek them not even being competent enough to re-activate 1 or 2 scheduled tasks/crontabs makes me :facepalm: and I called them out on it... (I guess that's what you get from a chinese company "reselling" engrish versions of chinese mobile games for play in other parts of the world...)

*removes facebook app from phone, since it was only used with that now blocked facebook account*

Richard wrote:You could make a community page like I did for my Zesty Hamburger persona, when leaving a comment or liking simply select the page from the "posting as" dropdown.

That still leaves the "account" linked to my main facebook account. I'd like to separate things, just like (nearly) every website/forum/etc. I register for gets its own e-mail address used. (I still get spam now and then on my The Bookdepository e-mail address; them not reporting that leak is one of the reasons I don't buy books there anymore...)

internetz
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby internetz » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:17 pm

btw, for facebook names, it's best to take the most generic name in your country, and use that. For instance, in america, "john smith" or "jack johnson" are both so widely used that if you can't fake an id for those names, you're not trying :)

Trying to get clever with your names will just result in a disgruntled user or company reporting your id as fake, so it's best to use something generic for easy bypass of verification.

Abqu
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby Abqu » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:39 pm

internetz wrote:btw, for facebook names, it's best to take the most generic name in your country, and use that. For instance, in america, "john smith" or "jack johnson" are both so widely used that if you can't fake an id for those names, you're not trying :)

Trying to get clever with your names will just result in a disgruntled user or company reporting your id as fake, so it's best to use something generic for easy bypass of verification.

So you're saying Gilgamesh Sepharothhh McGillicuddles was a bad idea?

:?

Fluffy
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Fluffy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:17 pm

So you're saying Gilgamesh Sepharothhh McGillicuddles was a bad idea?

:?

Nah, Im sure some crazy nerd, (cough cough), I mean, game fanatic would name his or her child like that. Some people do have the names of ultima, shiva, mario, princess whatever, ketchup, etc, all over the place nowadays. ;)
No parent would name his/her child YOU CRAZY **** though...
Have officially quit the game. Thank you very much for this game and all my citymates!

Return to “Community Tavern”