Six Tips for Beginners

Discussion of lower level gameplay and strategy.
cc_Tadaaah
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: Six Tips for Beginners

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:24 am

Poison Lotus wrote:I saw a "Sex tips for Beginners" thread by A Red name person!!! I clicked and found out it was just only Six tips for Beginners...I WANT MORE!!!

Lol'd

MagicCookies

Postby MagicCookies » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:55 am

I love you so much, these were the exact things i was wondering about.
Thanks for making these forums a good place to getting started!

You are da real MVP

Abqu

Postby Abqu » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:27 pm

I've been pointing new players to this thread, and I'd like to add something down here because I've been repeating it a lot.

Always finish bulk orders completely. There are only a limited number of them, and you can only complete them once. If you don't fully complete, you will lose the rewards forever. Even if you have to complete at a later date, it is still best to complete them fully.

In the current market conditions, never sell Wooden Keys for gold. It is a terrible, terrible trade. You will end up with much more gold if you sell the Wooden Key for gems, then use those gems and buy a Leather Key, and sell that Leather Key for gold. Gems are valuable!

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:18 am

Abqu wrote:Always finish bulk orders completely. There are only a limited number of them, and you can only complete them once. If you don't fully complete, you will lose the rewards forever. Even if you have to complete at a later date, it is still best to complete them fully.

This is most likely caused by the tutorial not explaining them well and because people levelup so fast they think bulk orders are a "daily" think instead of level-linked, so they think each one must be finished in that day or be lost and replaced by the next day's one... ;-(
Cloudecade really neeads to make a (better) tutorial for the bulk orders.

And the newbies trying to rush the bulk orders by going to the tradehouse then run into some other concepts:
- tradehouse gold prices are capped to 10x the base gold price
- tradehouse has a 10% tax on gold-priced sales
- tradehouse is first-in-first-out for items at the same price
so if they see a bulk order item having 100+ requests and a 9x base price (10x base - 10%) and add their cap gold request there they don't realize they are at the back of a long queue and they're unlikely to get to the front of that queue before the timer of the bulk order runs out unless they find a friendly late game player in chat that's willing to grind away the whole queue for that item...
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:32 pm

Shiroe wrote:
Abqu wrote:Always finish bulk orders completely. There are only a limited number of them, and you can only complete them once. If you don't fully complete, you will lose the rewards forever. Even if you have to complete at a later date, it is still best to complete them fully.

This is most likely caused by the tutorial not explaining them well and because people levelup so fast they think bulk orders are a "daily" think instead of level-linked, so they think each one must be finished in that day or be lost and replaced by the next day's one... ;-(

Noted on the tutorial as there was many a time I was even a bit lost and had no real clue if I should do 'X' or 'Y' only to mess up. I'd love to revamp that from a user experience side if possible.

Bit of a necro bump but I think it's a very important bit of information in the op and I need a post count boost right?!
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:52 am

cc_Darkis wrote:
Shiroe wrote:This is most likely caused by the tutorial not explaining them well and because people levelup so fast they think bulk orders are a "daily" think instead of level-linked, so they think each one must be finished in that day or be lost and replaced by the next day's one... ;-(

Noted on the tutorial as there was many a time I was even a bit lost and had no real clue if I should do 'X' or 'Y' only to mess up. I'd love to revamp that from a user experience side if possible.

Bit of a necro bump but I think it's a very important bit of information in the op and I need a post count boost right?!

Just had a level 15 newbie in world chat yesterday wondering why they couldn't buy the long muskets for a bulk order with gems. I ended up explaining about the bulk order system and that he/she was actually lucky the gem use cap was raised from level 15 to 20 in december, so he/she didn't waste the precious gems on something silly as a bulk order... :| (Better to just ask a if any friendly world chat denizen wants to craft them for gold if the person can't wait for the item unlock themselves. Lorelei's bulk order 1 isn't ideally placed: it will take most well past the level 10 unlock point to both get a Tinkering worker and go through the bows -> projectiles -> guns line unlock path)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Return to “Beginner Strategy”